Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread 6/26

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here. 

Put on your ute goggles and join us!

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread 6/26

• I have a theoretical question. In the case of implantation bleeding, does it typically mean implantation occurred that day? A day before? Could go either way? Or no one knows because it's not that common? I just realized I have no idea. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I would say it probably starts the day of implantation and could last a couple days. I found this article to have some good info in it: https://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/what-is-implantation-bleeding/

TW- fwiw, I didn't have any bleeding when I got pregnant with my daughter -End TW
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• Loading the player...
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    @adirat, Haha thanks, genuine 100% theoretical
  • @mamasaurus12415 yea, TW when I MCed, it was actually the only cycle I did NOT have any spotting throughout my LP. I almost always do. 
  • Ok so I posted this in a different thread but looks like this is a better spot for questions of this nature:

Im using ClearBlue digital OPKs and the instructions say use FMU. Is this what people typically do (since LH surge is often later in day)? 

• @looeeze any reason you trust wondfo more? 

• @lbeach5885 I like that I can see progression in them. With the digis, it's such a harsh Yes or No. And this cycle, the Wondos matched with my temps perfectly, the digi didn't give me a "peak" until what ended up being 2dop. YMMV. 
  • @doxiemoxie212,  TW ...when I got pregnant with my son, I had a big temp dipped in 3dpo, spotting on day 5 and 6, and BFP on day 7.
  • millpemillpe member
    edited June 2017
    Hey guys! I have a question that may or may not be related to TTC. I don't know if anyone knows but you guys are all so smart I thought I would give it a try :) 

I wear a Fitbit and my resting HR is down to 51. This seams low and I'm worried it could be related to my thyroid since I also struggle with weight recently.  Any ideas and or suggestions? 

Edited because my phone is dumb and posted early. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588, have you double checked it with a watch? One of the reasons I quit using a fit bit as a HR monitor was because it was often way off. 
  • adiratadirat member
    @MrsMille8588 I agree with @lazycrane -- I've heard they are notoriously low on HR. Have you reviewed the list of other hypothyroid symptoms to see if anything else fits? I had a lot of muscle tenderness, hair fall (especially my eyebrows, which shortened considerably), brittle nails, constant cold feeling. If multiple symptoms seem to fit then it's worth asking your doctor about, but I wouldn't worry about just HR and weight gain.

• millpemillpe member
    @LazyCrane and @adirat Thanks guys! I have checked it and it seems pretty accurate for me. I also checked my patient portal to see what it was last time I was in for my physical and it was 53 then too. Maybe something I will ask about and my next physical, but I don't want borrow trouble if it's nothing to be overly considered about. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @lbeach5885 --the past few cycles, I test 2x a day (OPKs) as ovulation approaches. I try to space the tests at least 8 hours apart...for example, I will test at 12pm and again at 10pm so that I don't miss the surge.  I used the wofondos and found them difficult to read.  (I used them on a practice month and could not truly identify my O date with them).  I've had better luck with the Clear Blue Digital (not the advanced that does flashing smiles, but just the basic digital one with a static smiley face).  The digital ones are more expensive, but if you have an idea of when you ovulate, then you will only use them 2-3 days a cycle.
  • Question: Does anyone take supplements to improve CM, and if so, what do you take? My RE hasn't mentioned anything except Pre-seed, but I'd like to try to improve my nonexistent CM (I've seen literally 3 days of CM in 8 months) in addition to that. 
  • @beanship - Many of us take evening primrose oil before O, but you should stop taking it once O is confirmed because it causes uterine contractions. I have noticed an uptick in EWCM since taking it. 

Others drink green tea, but I don't know as much about that. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    @pebbledam Thanks!!!! I haven't O'd since November (f*** PCOS) so at this point that's not a problem. But hopefully I'll O when I start my medicated cycles, so I'll definitely follow your advice. After 8 months of losing weight and Metformin with no result, I'm ready to Try All The Things, so I'll look into the green tea too. 
  • Be sure to talk to your doctor about EPO @beanship my doctor was hesitant bc I guess it can be so strong? idk.  I nver took EPO.  I took fertileCM and drank lots of tea/green tea and fertilitea blend.  But regular green tea and staying hydrated is great, plus not to overdo the vitamin C during fw, since that can be drying.

How could I forget --
    <b>MUCINEX</b> the blue one I think that's just guafenesin or robitussen, same deal.  You only want the one drug in there that gets the mucus moving tho, no cough suppressant lol
  • adiratadirat member
    @beanship Like @pebbledam mentioned, green tea is a good option -- I have found that it increases my CM, though I can't say for sure it's the green tea or just being more hydrated. I definitely see a connection between hydration and CM! Ask your doctor before starting supplements like evening primrose oil since you have PCOS...I know my doctor has said before that many of those hormone-related supplements aren't great in combination with PCOS/endometriosis/etc. or the treatments. 

Something you can avoid is vitamin C during FW -- it can dry up your CM. I don't take any vitamin C-containing supplements during FW and I try not to eat too many citrus fruits (though I don't avoid vitamin C-containing foods entirely). 

• adiratadirat member
    @BusinessWife Looks like we cross-posted. Great info girl! I forgot about Mucinex. I have actually never taken that but I know some ladies have had success with Mucinex here @beanship

Just make sure to stop because I don't think Mucinex is pregnancy-safe.

• @adirat and @BusinessWife made me remember - If you can, also avoid antihistamines during FW since that has a drying effect, too!
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • adiratadirat member
    @pebbledam Oh that's right! Thanks for the reminder...that was something I was happy to forget while pregnant because I get such bad seasonal allergies but I guess it's back to it...Sorry zyrtec...

• @adirat - I'm so miserable for about 9 months out of the year that I can't stop taking them. I just chug the water and take EPO (but I don't have PCOS, so I'm glad you were able to add that info).
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Thank you @BusinessWife and @adirat !! I'll call and leave a message with my RE about the evening primrose oil - definitely don't want to do anything to make my already ridiculous hormones even worse. But at least I can get started with some Mucinex and green tea since those can't hurt. And I definitely need to up my fluid intake and eliminate caffeine (since I know from experience that it dehydrates me). Sigh. I WILL resist the coffee this morning. I WILL. 
  • adiratadirat member
    @beanship I hope it works! I really find that subbing coffee with green tea still gives me a little warm caffeinated pick-me-up but is SO much less drying. 

@pebbledam I know what you mean. We started TTC last June (ouch) and I took claritin or zyrtec all summer because that's a prime time for my allergies. I only stopped taking them when it had been a while with no bfp, but then I only stopped during FW, definitely not during AF or TWW... I didn't grow up here so my body freaks out with all the New York plants!

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    What dose of EPO are y'all taking? My vegan Omega 369 has EPO as part of it... but I don't think it's a very high dose? ETA tags: @pebbledam @Sailing_Mama
  • So I posted about the fallback temp a couple days ago and now I have another dip. Are all these dips bad news? 
    My chart just looks crazy to me but somehow I got crosshairs on FF and natural cycles agrees.

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @garnetandgoldgrace could be an implantation dip? Or could be you didn't actually O? It looks like you did though. I don't know what causes that it not implantation but I know there are plenty of charts that look like implantation dips and are not...
  • @beanship You got some great information from @pebbledam @adirat and @BusinessWife - but just to chime in my experience as well... Like you, I have PCOS. I felt like my CM was varied (some months I had plenty, other times it was fairly scant), so I started taking EPO. After I started taking it, my cycles became less stable (I'm sitting here on Prometrium now, hoping to end this one). My naturopath said that for some women, it doesn't affect their cycle at all, but if your cycle is at all 'delicate' it can be enough to through things off balance. Now I'm sticking to green tea (or at least will be once I'm back on track with a new cycle)
  • Thank you so much @Sailing_Mama! Based on what you all have told me, I think I've decided to start out with the green tea for now just to be safe. I definitely don't want to do anything to mess with my cycle right before my first medicated cycle. And I'm going to stay away from citrus fruits too, since that can't hurt either. 
  • Ok question - do women with long LPs tend to have later BFPs? Or does FF just recommend missing a period so you're not wasting tests? 

@vflux33 and I were curious about this in TWW for somewhat different reasons. 

For me, TW when I was KU with my loss, I turned negative tests until 16dpo, but that would mean super late implantation right? In retrospect I was using digitals at the time so it could've just been that. 

Baskcally, though, generally speaking, is a BFN at 14dpo probably a true BFN for everyone, regardless of LP, if you're using pink dye tests? 
  • Dovetailing off @doxiemoxie212, my question was do people with longer LPs actually have later implantation? I thought the answer to this was no, but I've seen a bunch of people say things making me think this could be a thing "I have x day LPs so I don't test till DPO 14", etc. and I didn't know whether these folks were doing that just to not POAS as much or if there was a legit connection there. 
  • @vflux33 yes you've phrased this better lol