Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Weekly Check In June 26

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: What was the highlight of your weekend?

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check In June 26

• Loading the player...
  • @mamasaurus12415 I'm reading All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda.  It's an easy read murder mystery.  I've been on a reading binge since earlier this year and its really helped with my IF stress.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @kmalls Oh yeah.  This was not a big weekend.  We are heading there Saturday for a long weekend and I'll be there at least a couple of more times this summer.  We were flying from Boston and they are doing runway construction that is delaying flights (at least on cape air) all summer.  We had no idea what time we were going to get there and we were only planning to stay until Sunday morning so we just bailed.  Next weekend we are taking the boat Saturday morning so it should be easier.  :smiley:
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @antoto Thank you. I'm going to try to find out why I'm on this. I'm really confused about my PCOS diagnosis because my testosterone levels were normal and there wasn't any IR testing. She diagnosed me after doing an ultrasound for an antral follicle count (my ovaries had like 29 and 32 follicles) and because my cycles had to be started by Provera every single time. I don't have hirsutism and I'm not overweight, so something about it doesn't sit well with me. I think a conversation is in order.

@Hollyyyyy That's good to know. I'm on 2000mg and we didn't do that test, so I am skeptical. The Metformin and Clomid did make me O this month though so something must be working? I'm going to send a message to the office.

Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @adirat being off the bench is such and odd but good feeling!
    @kmalls my progesterone made my LP longer by a couple days so I totally know the bsc feeling.
    @purplg8r it doesn't hurt to call and ask if they can code it that way.  The worst they can do is say no.  Maybe with your ectopic they can code it differently.
    @magnolia131 My mid cycle ultrasound is on CD12 so I'm not worried anymore (I wasn't sure what day they would pick).  I've gotten a positive opk on CD13 but never 12. Maybe I just jinxed myself.

• @vflux33 sorry I missed ya earlier. Thank you! I was kinda MIA last week, did you already do your IUI, or is it coming up?!?!

@BertieMeetsGertie Wine tasting sounds fun! We are in Portland suburbs and surrounded by a ton of wineries, like 15 within 2-10 miles of our house, but still haven't gone  :/ Did ya get anything good?
  • @Hollyyyyy Oh thanks! Yes, I had my IUI last Wednesday. Now, just waiting and going BSC over here  :)
  • @vflux33 Oh wow I feel like I missed so much! I tried to do a little skimming to get caught up, but you know how fast these threads go...I feel like if you don't start following first thing Monday morning, you're kinda SOL the rest of the week! Anyway, that is so exciting! Crossing my fingers for you!!
  • @Hollyyyyy Thank you! Yeah, I think we hit TEN pages here last week. If you miss a day it's so hard to keep up! 
  • @magnolia131 we'll have to check his special out!!

@AlohaKumu I used to be really big into Yelp.  They always had such great events!!

@RVAmom315 FX that the HSG helps to get you KU again!!

@Pinky917 yum!  That sounds delicious!!

@kiwi2628 are you gonna test?!  It's so hard!

@BertieMeetsGertie oooh! What does the wine club get you?

@Hollyyyyy wow!  That's really impressive for not knowing what you're doing!!
  • @Hollyyyyy I've been on Metformin for two months tomorrow, and this was my first cycle on Clomid 100mg. 50mg by itself did not work back in February. I don't know if the 100mg would have worked without the Metformin or what, but I did O so I'm happy. I don't think I've O'd on my own for over a year. Last year I was on BCP until July and we started trying in October. I had two cycles between July and September, then nothing for 150 days. I've needed Provera to jumpstart cycles until now. Progesterone blood tests, when I've had them done, for the past six months have shown no ovulation. It's just very strange that as soon as we decided to start TTC, I started having these problems.
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @Mamasaurus Sorry to hear things aren't doing what they are supposed to, especially now of all times. Hopefully the meds continue to do their thing, and it becomes easier for you to track your O.

@LeilaK9288 Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your H's SA :/ FX you get some better news today! 
  • @vflux33 @Sailing_Mama thanks for the explanation! I like the more holistic approach. I think I'm going to look into naturopaths in my area.
  • @JuneRoseRuby oh man!  Rough weekend!

@BertieMeetsGertie that sounds like a great deal!