November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Wins 6/23-6/25

Re: Weekend Wins 6/23-6/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's 7:30 pm and DS2 is in bed and I am too! It was a long tiring week back home so being in bed this early is a win for me! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to a local amusement park for a company picnic tomorrow. I can't go on basically anything so what am I going to do? Eat food and lay in the lazy river all day while everyone else goes and rides the rides.. I am way more excited about this than I should be. lol.
  • Options
    Getting to take it easy for the most part after tot swap shopping exhaustion today. Basking in my successful findings... High chair, exersaucer, bouncy seat, boppy, bottle warmer, monitor, etc. DH picked out some outfits too that I'll wash and organize. We are actually in good shape! 
  • Options
    I don't work this weekend. 
  • Options
    We got the house cleaned up, and I get to spend the day tomorrow with my mom.
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I am the world's biggest fan of backup cameras. I make DH install them on all our vehicles if they didn't come on them.
    *TW* Years ago my baby cousin got out of the house somehow and her dad backed up over her in their SUV never knowing she was there. She didn't make it. So I refuse to back up without one. You just can't be too careful. 
  • Options
    am+mommy said:
    I made mini loaves of banana bread. YUM. Finally getting the energy to act like myself and cooking/baking like a maniac.
    Banana bread is one of my goals for the week. Now I just have to go buy bananas and wait! 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort so glad your DD is beginning to feel better!

• Options
    I got great deals on my favorite brand of baby shoes (3 pairs!) and baby socks at Marshalls today. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge thank you. She never acts sick. Temp max of 105 today, I'm pretty sure she has strep throat. Last time she got it she ended up with scarlet fever because her only sign was a rash that they thought was an allergy. I'm crossing my fingers I stay healthy. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort oh my goodness.  Hopefully your pregnancy hormones keep you healthy ( is that I thing? I feel like I read somewhere that that's a thing) and I'm thinking of your daughter and sending healthy vibes her way 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort ugh poor girl, seriously hoping this passes quickly for her. And that you don't get sick in the process!

• Options
    I hope I skip strep through, so far I haven't gotten it from my patients. If DD gets worst I'll take her to my work where there is a med express so that I don't get a huge bill. DH told me that I have to move out for now, lol, who going to be the nurse here? So I sent him for more medication for her fevers and stuff to hydrate her, as well as food for us. She started the rash and red spots but told me "im hungry now, what do we have that's healthy?"  Sweet girl. 
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    @MaximumEffort Hopefully an increase in appetite is a sign that she's getting better

DH and I went out with 4 of his friends to an escape room thing. It definitely wasn't a super nice one but it was only $20 per person (opposed to $50). We had to solve clues to open various locks to find weapons to fight zombies, except on the final lock we had the combination but couldn't get the lock to open. The guy had to come in with bolt cutters because the lock was apparently broken. And then another thing was broken too. It was fun either way. We also got to have sex which is a win because we're still visiting his parents and have to time it when no one is home. Last week his sister who is my age randomly came over when we were going at it and we didn't know. At first we thought she had just got there but then she told us about how our dog Daisy had just been making funny noises on her lap for 10 minutes straight. I was mortified. We can be quite but his parents' guest bed/DH's old bed is loud AF. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    We went through all the clothes given to us and sorted by size and decided what to keep (some was realllllly stained and crunchy), put the second pantry together and reorganized the whole kitchen creating about 3 empty cupboards and 2 empty drawers and making it easier to see what we have and made spaghetti sauce for dinner and to freeze. Now I am tired though and need a nap.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort that's wonderful I'm so happy to hear she is okay!
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort so glad she's doing better!!
  • Options
    kalenpkalenp member
    We took the boys to a new-to-us park with a great little creek. It was such a beautiful day. 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yay @britduhr I didn't throw up either! It's been almost a week! I ate all the food here on our trip to DC/Charlottesville. We go back today. We had a really good weekend, just exhausting. Today is still counting for me as weekend since I'm on vacation so we will see how many more wins I can muster.