edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Month/cycle:  

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news? Do you keep it to yourself to avoid the jinx, spread the news wide for T&P or something entirely different? Do you handle suspected bad news the same way? 

(ETA: oops, forgot month/cycle; also added LP length, as discussed)

Re: TWW Sunday

• Good morning!

CD/DPO: 23/5

Timing: -1

Testing: In like 10 days

R/R: I don't have anything for breakfast in the house that's appealing to me today  :(

CS/Q: None. I kept my temp from yesterday and today it was still higher than before but lower than yesterday. I've never actually O'd while charting, so this luteal phase is all new to me!

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news? Do you keep it to yourself to avoid the jinx, spread the news wide for T&P or something entirely different? Do you handle suspected bad news the same way?
    I have learned to keep things to myself until they're actually happening for sure, because literally every time I say something before it's concrete, it falls through.
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• hedgepighedgepig member
    edited June 2017
    Month/cycle: 6/6 (2/2 AL)

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: -2, -1, O, 1

Testing: Later this week.

Rave: I had a great time visiting my sisters and their kids, got to do some needed shopping and went out for sushi on the way home last night! Soooo good.

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news?
    I'm definitely a pretty private person, so I usually keep it to myself, for either good news or bad news. Even when I share things with close family/friends, I never post that kind of stuff on social media or anything.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Loading the player...
  • @mamasaurus12415, I hate when I don't have anything good to eat in the house. Then I typically go to the store and get a ton of junk food.

Month/cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/10

Timing: -4

Testing: today...BFN (knew it would be)

R/R: I was going to try to hold out on testing but I had a big temp spike today. Oh well. I should start spotting in a couple days. I'm ready to start cycle 2.

CS/Q: nothing today 

I definitely keep good news to myself. My husband always says you shouldn't celebrate until you reach the end zone. I'm like you @mamasaurus12415, I always jinx it if I talk about it early.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • **Lurking from WTO** @JNCPro3130 Sorry about the BFN. **creepy internet hugs**

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: meh

Testing: so I caved yesterday... was negative right away but I walked away and looked hours later just before throwing it away and there was a faint positive...I tried to not allow myself to get excited but I totally did.... tested again this morning and BFN... 

R/R: the above... I wish I never looked at the damn test a second time yesterday. What a mind fuck. And today I'm having a pity party so please excuse my piss poor 'tude...

CS/Q: I guess has this happened to anyone else? ... I'm hesitant to even ask. Maybe I should just get over it and move on?...

I really try to keep things to myself. But I'm a terrible liar, so if someone knows we well or asks me outright about something, I'm not very smooth at avoiding the direct answer. I'd say the same is true for bad news..
  • Month/cycle: 2/2 AL

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: all

Testing: July 1

R/R: I was too sleepy for the gym this morning so DH went without me. I is a bum :(

CS/Q:

I'm a big believer in the jinx, so I try to keep good news to myself until it's real, but I share bad news (not on social media because that's too permanently whiney) as much as I can. I figure if telling people good news makes it fall through maybe telling people bad news will make it fall through too. 
  • @JNCPro3130 I'm sorry for the BFN.  :'(

@hollieileen It sounds like when you looked a second time, what you saw was an evaporation line. I'm so sorry.  <3
    DD 6/9/15

• @JNCPro3130 Sorry about the BFN... it's still early though!
    @hollieileen Sorry about the BFN... that really must be hard to get tricked like that. 
    Add me to team bad liars. I'm the worst.
    @doxiemoxie212 Hmmmm, I like your bad news philosophy :)
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @JNCPro3130 sorry about@hollieileen

@hollieileen sorry about the BFN this morning. FX that maybe it's just still too early to be sure. 

Month/cycle:  1/1

CD/DPO: 26/13

Timing: meh

Testing: meh

R/R: it's a beautiful day and we are heading over to the in laws to help them put up their pool. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Definitely more of a keep it to myself kinda person. Fear of jinxing myself. But also a terrible liar. My face gives it away every time. 
  • @hedgepig @hollieileen see I'm actually a pretty good liar, but I get so proud of myself when I successfully lie to someone that I can't keep the secret and end up telling them I lied. If I ever commit a crime and get away with it I feel like I'll end up one of those idiots on law and order who brags to the police about their crime lol. 
  • Month/cycle:  1/1

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing:   -5, -4, -3, -1, O

Testing:Well I POAS this morning and from what I can tell it was a BFN.  I took it this morning but went back to bed after nothing showed up after a few minutes.  I checked again when I officially got up a few hours later and there was a faint line, but I am pretty sure it was an evaporation line or something.  UGH. So yeah @hollieileen, I have done the same thing.

R/R: My in laws got a new dog, but my dog isn't too happy with her.  My mother in law is supposed to watch our dog next weekend while we are camping, but since they aren't getting along I don't think that will happen.  Both dogs are 85lbs so she wont be able to control both of them.... OH well.  My father in law really needed a dog, I just wish Sadie got along with Daisy...

CS/Q:

I have a really hard time not talking to my best friends about good news.  Bad news isn't as easily talked about, but I still my closer best friends.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Month/cycle:  5/3

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -3, -2, -1 0

Testing: bfn yesterday, will retest today, because BSC

R/R:  nothing much today, pretty much the same plan as yesterday, playing in he pool and eating yummy food.

CS/Q: none today

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news? Do you keep it to yourself to avoid the jinx, spread the news wide for T&P or something entirely different? Do you handle suspected bad news the same way?   I consider myself a realist, so not quite pessimistic and not quite optimistic.  I am pretty open and tell people whatever is going on within reason.  Tw, when we miscarried, we had told everyone right away, we had a good ultrasound and everything.  It didn't stop us from telling immediately with DS after.  

@doxiemoxie212,. I think that's a good idea, mine is almost always 15 days.

@JNCPro3130, sorry about the BFN

@hollieileen, sorry about your BFN too.  I am horrible about looking at old tests and getting my hopes up.
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited June 2017
    @hedgepig Glad you had fun! I had sushi yesterday too. 

@hollieileen That hasn't happened to me, but I always figured that was why they say to look after a certain amount of time. I'm sorry it messed with your mind!  :(

Month/cycle: 15/13

CD/DPO: 20/ 4 DPIUI

Timing: good

Testing: Trigger is almost out of my system, but meh. As the days go on I will start negotiations with myself

R/R: FF thinks I O'd the day AFTER my IUI (IUI was 36 hours after my trigger shot). I'm pretty sure it's wrong (I'm a slow riser with post O temps) but looking at those lines is making me so. angry. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news? Do you keep it to yourself to avoid the jinx, spread the news wide for T&P or something entirely different? Do you handle suspected bad news the same way? Like @mamasaurus12415 a lot of things I have shared with people have fallen through so I definitely don't broadcast everything. @doxiemoxie212 I don't like Facebook AWs either. I'm not on anymore but when I was I never did that. But really for me this is totally situation and person dependent. Like how sure am I? Am I talking to my BFF or a cousin? Has the topic come up naturally on its own and would it be almost like lying not to say it? I don't have hard and fast rules on this except for the no AW-ing on Facebook one. 
  • purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited June 2017
    @mamasaurus12415 sounds like the perfect reason to go out for breakfast!

@hedgepig sounds like you had a great time!  And now I want sushi--it's been too long!

@JNCPro3130 so sorry about the bfn!

@hollieileen I'm inviting myself to your pity party 

@doxiemoxie212 it's a good day to be a bum! I like the idea of adding LP

@nitnat007 have fun at their pool!

@KSMcClary I'm sorry about the dogs!  It's hard when they don't get along! And sorry about the bfn

@holly321 so sorry about the bfn too

@vflux33 can you override FF?

Month/cycle:  11/7 (5/2 AL)

CD/DPO: 44/10

Timing: -3, -1

Testing: bfn. Not okay with it today. 

R/R: same thing happened today as yesterday With the waking up but temps were still higher than normal on 10 dpo (and slightly higher than yesterday. )I've always had a big drop on 9 or 10 dpo. So I got up to pee and take a HPT (yesterday was negative but I had taken a pic of it and later in the day, I used FF's lightbox and thought I saw a vvvvvfl on the inverted feature).  But when I went to the bathroom, spotting had started. And definitely a bfn. I'm so angry. I had convinced myself that maybe this was it. My temps have been so weird and maybe the weird O pains I had were pregnancy related.  But nope. I should know better by now. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's your philosophy when you suspect good news? Do you keep it to yourself to avoid the jinx, spread the news wide for T&P or something entirely different? Do you handle suspected bad news the same way? I usually tell my bff. I don't really like to talk about myself so unless it's necessary, I don't say anything. 

Eta:words
  • Thanks all. I appreciate it! ..I'll be less of a post and ghost in a few hours when my pitty party is over! 
  • @mamasaurus12415 maybe that's a sign to go out for brunch :wink:
    @hedgepig yum sushi
    @JNCPro3130 so sorry for the BFN
    @hollieileen mindfucks suck. I have looked after the time frame too but never should
    @KSMcClary sorry for the BFN
    @holly321 good luck for testing :smile:
    @vflux33 hopefully FF gets her shit together
    @doxiemoxie212 I actually like that idea. I see some people at 10 dpo waiting for another week and I'm like what?? cause my LP is usually 10-12 days.

Month/cycle:  5

CD/DPO: 17/3

Timing: -5, -3, -1, O, +1

Testing: July 2nd, 10 dpo

R/R: Nothing today, sore nipples started immediately after O happened so that's fun.

CS/Q:

I can't hold anything in and I'm an open book so I tell the people I trust immediately. I don't mind sharing bad news with them either if something doesn't work out. If I ever get pregnant, I don't know how I'll keep it a secret for 12 weeks.
  • @purplg8r I'm sorry this BFN hit you hard. They start to get particularly tough after so many months. Are you thinking of getting a RE referral, or waiting it out more? 

Yeah I just did the FF override before reading this so that I won't get angry every time I look at the chart. Now I'm back to debating whether to stop temping again for the rest of this cycle, which I probably should have just done from CD 1. 
  • Ok guys I'm adding it to my original post so tomorrow's poster can copy/paste 
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @hollieileen I've done the same thing to myself with old tests. Now I put them straight in the trash to reduce temptation to look at them again. Sorry you got your hopes up and then got a BFN today.

@JNCPro3130  Sorry about the BFN. 

@doxiemoxie212 I like it. If I hit 12 DPO without meds, that would be major. always felt like people thought I was ridiculous for testing on CD 10 and we're like, BFN at 11 DPO? BFD while I knew it meant I was out. How about: CD/DPO/TTAF: 28/11/1  ? Or would people feel like a countdown to AF made them crazy?

@KSMcClary I hope the dogs work it out. Sometimes it just takes a while. My sister's dog had a need to rank everyone else. Mine doesn't have to be top dog, they can be equals, but he certainly doesn't put up with anyone ranking him. They have it worked out now and are thick as thieves. 

Month/Cycle: 16/16 TTCAL

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: -5, -3, IUI on O, +1

Testing: Wednesday

R/R: This morning I started trying to convince myself why tomorrow would be a reasonable day to start testing. *eyeroll* This is one of the longest feeling TWWs I've had. And literally the longest. Progesterone giving me a normal LP and all. ;)

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: I'm pretty private so I keep most things to myself good or bad until it's awkward if I don't say anything. And if it doesn't need to be shared, I mostly don't. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @doxiemoxie212I like what you did there with the LP length.
    @purplg8r Sorry about the BFN. It's so much worse when you have your hopes up.
    @kiki75 Way to exercise some self control!
    @holly321 GL with your testing! FX for you!
    @vflux33 Glad you overrode FF, no need to be stressing over that ish.
    @KSMcClary Sorry about the BFN, but better luck tomorrow?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @mamasaurus12415 this has been me all wknd. I don't know what I want.

@hollieileen I am very much a horrible liar too. Ha. 

@hedgepig @vflux33  stop it. Now all I want is sushi and it's 9 am.  :|

Month/cycle:  17/16 ((1/1 AL))

CD/DPO: 24/11 ((3 days to AF))

Timing: all the things

Typical LP length: 14-18 days?

Testing: Took one today. Not sure wtf is going on with it. Now I have to retest. 

R/R: So I POAS on our last one this morning, and after 3 minutes... nothing. The whole window was blank. I'm impatient and I got pissed, threw it on the nightstand and decided to go back to sleep. Of course that's when DS wakes up and so at like 8 minutes I grab the test to vent to DH about no lines... and there's two. So I have no idea if it's real or not and no more sticks. I guess I'm going shopping. Plus I'm mad because I told myself I wasn't going to POAS until Wednesday. 

CS/Q:

I think I'm in the minority here and I tell people either way. **TW, loss mentioned** In regards to pregnancy, I'm just going to tell. When I had my miscarriage, I was so mad at myself/society/the expectation of not telling anyone until "it's safe" at 12 weeks. My joy at a BFP did not change when I was losing my baby. So we told everyone that we may be losing our baby and asked for prayers. And I was called brave but so many women who had had a loss but were ashamed to tell anyone. Anyway, I hate that we suffer in silence. And our good friends just lost their baby at 38 weeks due to a cord problem. Which makes me wonder if it's ever really "safe" :disappointed: **End TW**

I'd rather have the support but I definitely don't want to be an AW either. So I usually tell based on how close we are. And I am totally guilty of asking for T&P for things like now when's DH is considering a career change. But in person. Not in a Facebook post. 
  • @mdfarmchick I don't think there's anything wrong with telling people. I'm really interested in how other people process info and what their philosophies are on stuff. TW when I miscarried, I hadn't told anyone but DH I was pregnant, but I did immediately tell everyone I was miscarrying, and I talk about it now fairly nonchalantly with friends/family. I really think conversations about it should be more normalized. 
  • @purplg8r I'm sorry for the BFN, and how it's really upsetting you today. I hope you do something you love to do today and that you're kind to yourself.  <3

@mdfarmchick I've been the worst with food ever since I started taking metformin. Nothing sounds appetizing, even things I've always loved. It's difficult because I'll go food shopping and buy stuff I think I'll eat, then the next day none of it will be good enough. Sigh. *TW* And as for telling people about your baby even before 12 weeks, I think I would too. To share that joy, and to have support when you need it. *END TW*
    DD 6/9/15

• catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited June 2017

Month/cycle:  2/2 after months on the bench post losses

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -2,-1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: do my best to hold out till Saturday 

R/R: I got so damn sunburned yesterday. Rave is gorgeous weather though!

CS/Q: nope

I usually go to one friend (besides DH and family obviously) about suspected good and bad news. I really don't like spreading it around till it's certain. 

@jncpro3130 @hollieileen @KSMcClary @holly321 @purplg8r  sorry about the BFNs :(

@mdfarmchick lots of luck with the next test! -TW- I hear you. My sister lost a baby at 39 wks. Went in for scheduled csection.. and she was gone. Makes you scared cause like you said.. Is it ever safe? -END TW--

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • CD1 in the house. Headed over to WTO. GL to you ladies! I'm rooting for everyone! No one follow me!
  • Damn. Sorry to hear that @kbamomma33
  • @hollieileen -- sounds like something I went through recently :( I even bought Target brand pregnancy tests that apparently are known for giving people false positives. I don't even know how they are getting away with selling them still.

@mdfarmchick-- I am with you when it comes to telling people about the pregnancy. You're right. Is it ever "safe"? I rather have people there to lift me up instead of feeling secluded and suffer alone. 

@JNCPro3130- Sorry for the BFN :( Perhaps another day or two?

Month/cycle:  3/2

CD/DPO: 38/4

Timing: -3, O 

Typical LP length: 11-13 days

Testing: Whenever I cave in. ;)

R/R: My niece is visiting right now and I really love having her around. I wish I could keep her here all summer. She is 20 years old and my spirit animal. I am going to take her to an open mic now and I can't wait to hear her sing in front of an audience!

CS/Q: I will post my chart later in the chart stalk thread because I do have some questions. 

I am and always will be an open book. I, of course, keep some things private but when it's time to share joys I do it. Because I have been through too much shit to not. But, if something bad were to happen I would want the support of my friends and family. Plus, my anxiety would be terrible without them
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

•  
    @jncpro3130
     @KSMcClary@holly321 @purplg8r  So sorry for the BFN's. Drinks all around! FX for next month being a big win!

@mdfarmchick you make some great points. Bad things can happen at anytime, and we shouldn't be expected to suffer silently... DH is a big believer in bad omens. I try my best to respect that... but I don't think either way is right or wrong. Also, sorry for you loss <3

@doxiemoxie212 great add to the TWW thread! 
  • @garnetandgoldgrace oh no! I didn't know that about target but I will avoid them! Sorry that happened... it's such a shitty feeling! I used clear blue which I thought were good? But it does say to disregard after ten mins... I just wanted to believe it....
  • @garnetandgoldgrace ps, you sound like the cool aunt :-) have fun with your niece! 
  • @purplg8r sorry about the BFN. 

@mdfarmchick GL testing. FX for you!!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies too. Baby dust to all!

AF showed up today so heading over to WTO. 
  • @nitnat007 I'm sorry. Sent DH out to buy more tests so we shall see. 
  • *lurking* was posting on the thread the past week and a half but stopped the past couple days just saw your post
    @mdfarmchick was it by any chance a target test? This exact thing just happened to me where it took forever to start the test (several minutes) fingers crossed for you!!!! 
  • @mdfarmchick thanks! I'm gonna go eat me some chocolate cake! 
  • @scoogy19 nope. It was a frer. I've never had an issue with them before. :neutral:
  • @mdfarmchick hoping it will be positive for you!!!
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @kbamomma33 and @nitnat007 Sorry AF showed up. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @hollieileen - awww yea I hope so!!! My niece doesn't want to leave and I want her to stay forever
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers