January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/24-6/30

Sorry I'm so late starting this y'all! I had an early start at an all morning Junior League meeting. 

How's everyone feeling? Share! Commiserate! 
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/24-6/30

• Symptoms have almost all gone away. A little worried, but at the same time I'm relieved to be getting a break. Massive migraine today though due to sinus pressure. If it wasn't for that, I would be feeling great!
  • I have a headache too. :neutral: and no tylenol. My nose is also really sensitive. Fun stuff!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have sinus pressure and headaches. I ran out of saline sinus packets, those are amazing to clear out sinuses. I need to get more asap. On the plus side I slept great last night and I'm not tired this afternoon 
  • I don't know if it's pregnancy related or not, but my feet are always killing me. It's the worst when I first wake up in the morning. I don't know if it's because I haven't been using my feet all night or what, but it's so painful to walk. It's mostly the heels of my feet. So weird. I didn't have this issue with my first pregnancy. Makes me feel like things are just weird and it's not pregnancy related. Lol
  • Experiencing the weird red spots on my trunk area that I had with DS. They don't itch or anything and there are only a few. Sort of pustule things. Didn't go away entirely until I delivered.

Round ligament pain.

Middle of the night starvation and lots of peeing. 
  • @jakobaby what are you doing for the mid night hunger? If I don't eat right before bed I usually wake up so hungry I can't sleep. My last two babies I didn't gain in the first Tri due to the nausea. This time I can tell my stomach is packing it on already since I've been eating so much again... due to the nausea.

Im 11 weeks now, still yawning constantly and feeling sick most of the time but I'm able to clean my house somewhat and go to the grocery store at times. In the past weeks I wasn't able to do those things. I guess that's some improvement! 
  • @trudytudy I'm basically eating up to bedtime as well. Trying to eat a protein and a fat before bed to keep the stomach busy! This is hard because I'm mostly nauseous at night now (12 weeks+3). If I do wake up and can't go back to sleep from the hunger pains, I will drink a big glass of DS's milk maybe some applesauce or a couple of crackers. Usually the protein, fat and tryptophan in that does the trick! 
    Had this same issue with DS. I remember trying OJ one night. That came back up. Don't try OJ on an empty stomach, lol.
    What are you trying? That's good you are getting back to some normalcy. Definitely a win!
  • @jakobaby night time is the worst for me too! It always has been. Last night I had Oreos and milk at bedtime. Recently I bought some carnation breakfast shakes that you mix up with milk, that helped when I had it right before bed as well. Sometimes I have cereal, I guess the trend is whole milk. I drink a lot of it, especially lately since it seems to be easy on my miserable stomach. I know I'll have heartburn issues in a few months so maybe I should late night snack without guilt for now. 
  • When I filled out my ticker change this week I was kind of "complaining" about lack of symptoms. Looks like I should have kept my mouth shut. The heartburn right now...OMG. 
  • @trudytudy if it makes you feel better, I think that's important right now. I've noticed that whole milk is soothing as well. So here I am at 330 am, waiting for DS to go back to sleep so I can sneak downstairs and eat. Ick feeling terrible. This doesn't happen every night, but I hate when it does.
  • I only feel sick these days if I wait too long to eat but exhaustion is still kicking although I was able to make it through without a nap yesterday. Killer back and hip pain and spider veins showing up like crazy on my upper thighs.
  • Add me to the headache club! Otherwise I feel great. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• @madcouplewithabox YEP! All of the above 
  • @CANTW82BMOM I can commiserate here! The heartburn has begun for me as well  :( had it the whole time I was pregnant with DS and I have a feeling it'll be the same this time around! It's worse at night and I need a bedtime snack because the nausea but I'm scared to eat because heartburn! Ah! 

@madcouplewithabox yessss, totally agree! 
  • @madcouplewithabox YES.

RLP has struck with a vengeance and I almost fainted today. So that's cool.
  • jakobaby said:
    Experiencing the weird red spots on my trunk area that I had with DS. They don't itch or anything and there are only a few. Sort of pustule things. Didn't go away entirely until I delivered.
    Same! I've got a few on my stomach but even more on my arms. I don't remember them from my first pregnancy. They're like tiny pimples!
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Have been experiencing acid reflux for the first time in my whole life. Not consistent. Plus side, the tums I bought taste just like the chew-able Flintstone vitamins from my childhood. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • @Peepster I have them on my stomach and my sides, but noticed a couple on my arm and shoulders today! They look so ugly. :neutral:
  • Weekends are HARD y'all. The last couple I've struggled to do anything, been downright exhausted, and have had terrible headaches. 
  • I think I over did it physically the last few days. I really pushed myself at the gym and hiking. Now I have a raging headache and bad RLP. Spending the day resting as much as I can.
  • @ollydolly as you get further along and the acid reflux gets worse (sorry it's terrible and I had it bad with DS and now this one as well) pull out the big guns and go straight for Zantac 150. Kills the heartburn almost instantly, especially before bed. I should probably buy stock in Tums and Zantac.
  • I'm in the headache club too. I finally caved and bought some Tylenol today and it helped a little... Still exhausted and nothing sounds good, but I'm always hungry. Poor DH, because I've pretty much stopped cooking. 
  • The headaches and exhaustion are serious right now...stayed in bed all day yesterday and felt so guilty about it. Eating is weird too, I don't really crave anything but seem to lean towards cereal a lot for whatever reason. Boobs still kill. But on the plus side, I was able to muster up some energy today and went grocery shopping and made cucumber tomato salad and homemade pizzas for dinner and have the crock pot ready to go in at 5:30am tomorrow for tomorrow night's dinner. It's the little victories now lol!
  • Anyone else feeling horribly bloated and uncomfortabke at 12 weeks? It's worse now than in the beginning. I feel like my organs have moved to my ribs already and this increases the nausea. I'm STM so maybe things are just moving into their "places" sooner this time? I look 24 weeks pregnant right now.
  • @Peepster and @jakobaby ugh yea, I've got those random red dots as well, on my stomach. I was thinking it was just me who got them! I've been pretty broken our since I got KU, so at first I assumed they were pimples, but they don't feel like regular old pimples. They aren't painful, just annoying. 
  • New symptom, burping continuously after prenatal vitamins and if course gagging the whole time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My fingernails are growing like crazy. I prefer to keep them very short, so it's annoying. (But if I liked long nails, they're perfect-- strong and shiny.)

I'm normally lactose intolerant, but I can drink milk now! It's a thing that happens to some during pregnancy. I'm not pushing it-- no tall glasses of milk. But real milk in cereal after decades of soy or almond milk, so delicious!!!

Also nausea and fatigue, but that's like my life now.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @KLake42 I was lactose intolerant from high school until I realized I wasn't when my first baby turned 1. I tried his whole milk one day and never turned back. I've been enjoying dairy for 3 years now after 15ish years without.  Also yes to super nails! I actually tried growing them out last time for the heck of it, but I like short nails, long nails are not for me. 
  • @KLake42 I know it's not the same thing but I had IBS and it basically went away once I got pregnant with DD1 and  stayed away. I can count one one hand how many flare ups I've had in the last 5.5 years. Pregnancy works wonders!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• I'm feeling phantom movement this week. Cruel joke, body!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EagsEags member
    Still nauseous. Had a killer headache 3 days in a row (but I'm wondering if that was from the pressure change with tropical storm Cindy). Constant burping. Constipation. Occasional rlp. 
    New to list: heartburn. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • I've been pretty nauseous throughout with the occasional need to vomit. I thought that had passed. I'm 10w 3d. Last night was horrible! Ran to the bathroom around 10pm to puke. As I'm hanging over the toilet puking, I lose complete control over my bladder and pee on myself and the bathroom floor. Not fun. 
  • @KLake42 me too! I realized near the end of my 1st pregnancy that it stopped (all I wanted was ice cream) and it never came back! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Most symptoms are gone for me now. Still some bloating and my back is killing me!
  • I'm still so tired. On Saturday Thing 1 napped late (we were out and I didn't get him down until 2) and then stayed up late (10pm! :O) since he'd basically just woken up by bedtime. I didn't think I was going to make it through his bath, I just wanted to lay down on the floor and rest. I went straight to bed after him and of course DH started texting me from work 15 minutes later... nope.
    I'm so grateful that my nausea seems to have subsided - I didn't get MS last time so I was pretty unprepared this time - but not looking forward to the heartburn that is sure to be coming.
    Looking forward to actually having a bump and looking/feeling pregnant. Right now I just feel dumb and sleepy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @bainidhedub :D haha "dumb and sleepy"...add in "uncomfortable" and those are my exact feelings!
  • Nausea, back pain, RLP and night hunger also. I've added a GD-approved bedtime snack but I still wake up STARVING
  • Back pain, exhaustion is going away, and I FINALLY got a pillow. A boppy. I figured I'd just snuggle on in and peacefully drift off. Nah, I wake up with it on top of me more than 5 times.... Needless to say, I hate it right now. But that'll change when I have no place to put my huge belly, LOL!

Never had vomiting with all of this and Saturday night we went for Steak at Texas de Brazil. So many flavors, so much food, *I ate pretty healthy* and got home and DH was stinking up the house and one puppy pooped on the floor, I had all I could take. Took other puppy out and vomited alllll over the grass in the backyard. Oy, the smells. I was fine after some intense gagging.

Got a LOT of stuff done around the house this weekend though. My yard is starting to look presentable :)

I hope all you wonderful ladies start to feel better.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nipple vasospasm. Anyone else?

I had some episodes after my breast reduction a few years ago. Now, every time I get a slight chill, excruciating boob pain. I know there's medication I can take after birth to help with nursing, but I don't think I can do much now...
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)