Babies on the Brain

Weekend Randoms - June 24

Hi everyone! How's your weekend going? Anything fun going on?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekend Randoms - June 24

• We have to take one of our cars (the one that's normally mine) to AutoZone later because the AC needs a recharge. It wouldn't be so bad, except that three of the windows are permanently shut, so the car has basically become a bit of a death trap because of the heat. So when DH gets home, we're running it over. We also have to go to Walmart to pick up a new prescription that my insurance won't cover and it's cheaper there.

But I have a gorgeous pot roast in the slow cooker!
  • This weekend is going pretty good so far! We went to the farmer's market and after DD's nap I'd like to stop by the Pride festival before going to a funeral tea. Tomorrow we might go for a hike, but it depends if DD's cold is getting better or not. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ omg your car sounds wild. I'm happy that you're getting the A/C recharged because the heat (here at least) has been insane and I can't imagine having a car without good A/C.

@ChloandCoco have an awesome time at Pride! Lots of people going this weekend. LA had theirs a couple of weeks ago, but I've never been (it's freaking crazy and SO HUGE).

AFM: I'm working today until 2:30, and then meeting up with some girlfriends for pool time and wine and I may bring Cards Against Humanity.

• @JennyColada - I love cards against humanity, but only if there is liquor involved. And our Pride festival is fairly small (I live in a small city), so it doesn't get that crazy. 
  • @ChloandCoco Have fun at Pride! I haven't been to a pride fest in years (the one in Chicago was MASSIVE), and I'm not sure if there's one here in Orlando. I hope your DD feels better soon!

@JennyColada I can't really complain, since we only paid about $300 for the car. It was my parents' old one and they were getting rid of it anyway, so they sold it to us super cheap, since we needed a second car. It's also 16 years old and has been through the wringer. We've been using our other car more often than not lately, which is a '13 Jetta. The heat is the main reason we haven't driven it much lately. I hope you have a great time with your friends! I love CAH, but we don't have anyone to play it with here. Have you ever played Exploding Kittens?
  • @dreamscapes_ yes I have played Exploding Kittens! That one is a lot of fun! My friends also really like Joking Hazard too!
  • @JennyColada A friend of mine has Joking Hazard and loves it. Exploding Kittens is so fun :D
  • @dreamscapes_ you might also enjoy Kittens in a Blender. XD

• @Dreamscapes_ Ugh! I hope your A/C is an easy fix. I can't imagine no A/C in the Florida heat :(
    @ChloandCoco - A pride festival sounds fun :) I hope your DD feels better soon
    @JennyColada - Pooltime, wine and cards against humanity sounds like the makings of an awesome evening :) I hope you have fun!

AFM: I just got home from working on grad school work. This class is so much better than the last! My birthday is next week so my aunt is taking me to lunch tomorrow for an early celebration :) Other than that I am just relaxing at home with the boys.
  • Don't melt @dreamscapes_!! Hope you get the AC fixed! 
    Hope your daughter feels better @ChloandCoco. So glad to hear you're not having a good weekend. You deserve it.
    @JennyColada: I kind of wish I was going with you tonight! That sounds like fun!
    @glitzandglitter: Happy early birthday! Summer school sucks but at least it's an easier class. Hope you enjoy your low-key night. 

AFM, my daughter kept me up most of the night and I was in a completely foul mood this morning. I took a 2 hr nap when my husband got up, went to a birthday party for one of my daughter's school friends, took a second nap, then took a leisurely grocery store run by myself. Its been a good day. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather - Thanks! Glad your day turned out well! Naps are the best! 
  • @glitzandglitter - That's great that your new class is so much better than the last one. 
    @notthefather - I hope your DD has a better night, if not I hope you can have a few naps tomorrow.