July 2017 Moms

Baby born early!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone else's LO came early? My water broke at 35w and 6d, 2 days after my baby shower! Baby had been breached for a couple months and lo and behold he had flipped in triage,  they think because i spent a # of hours floating in the pool the day before. My OB told me at the 35 wk appointment she was 99% sure I'd need a C section.  So i labored,  contracted for 29 hours,  most of it on pitocin and had an epidural which was great btw, after i contracted using yoga ball for 10 hours. Unfortunately l got stuck dilated at 8cm for the last 6 hours and they ended up doing C section anyway.  Baby was healthy despite being premie until his bilirubin shot up day 3 and he needed light therapy.  I had to stay an extra day too because of pre eclampsia despite negative protein in my urine, i had sky rocket blood pressure so i had to be on magnesium sulfate for almost 24 hours and they wouldn't let me eat from the night before my water broke until the night after baby was born (3 nights). I'm home now baby is ok however we're checking bilirubin again to make sure we don't have to go back to the hospital for light therapy.  Anyway I hope all of you are well! Hubby and I are slowly getting into the hang of these every 3 hour feedings and diaper changes.  :)

Re: Baby born early!