Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Saturday 6/24

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?

Re: WTO Saturday 6/24

• Month/Cycle 10/11

CD 8

WAYDTGKU waiting for some CM to show up to start OPKs and the do some sex

R/R Happy Saturday! Just hanging around the house today and I'm totally OK with that

CSQ

GTKY I think if lunch meat or milk or anything perishable isn't consumed within a week it gets thrown out. I throw out a lot of food that I probably shouldn't!

@SkilledSailor Iceland sounds amazing - Hope you get your plans in order!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2017
    Sorry, gotta p&g, but I'll try to be back later!!!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 8 

WAYDTGKU: letters and stuff

R/R: rant - SD had an epic melt down over cleaning her room yesterday. Kid can't seem to grasp the concept that DH & I out stubborn a 6 year old. Rave - she's in a much better mood/is listening so far today. I got to sleep in, and have fun plans to go swimming/a picnic yay!

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things? Ooo, good question. I have been working on "letting go" of unimportant things. I was very very stressed always worried about everything. I still do to an extent, but have made a lot of progress not internalizing/worrying over things that I can't do anything about. 

ETA bump cut my post off. Stupid mobile.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD: 17
    WAYDTGKU: OPK, charting
    R/R: I haven't slept well all week, have been crampy everyday, and am grumpyAF. 
    CS/Q: I had a big temp dip this morning. Its an open circle because I marked as sleep deprived. I only got about 2 hours of sleep before my normal temp time. So far, what should be my post O temps are low and unremarkable. 
    GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things? Leaving drawers or cabinets half open is 100% unacceptable. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opk, preseed, EOD sex

R/R: Slept like 10 hours last night and feel so good. I hadn't been getting good sleep all week and work was hell.

CS/Q: 2nd day of raised temp so tomorrow I'll probably move over to TWW.

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
    I'm really opinionated about things being fair, people getting equal amounts, karma, etc. I will give myself less of something to make it equal and get so burned up when something isn't fair or equal. I chose this answer because I know in the world this will never be a real thing but I feel strongly about it.
  • SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited June 2017
    @RVAmom315 My H is like that with the food in the fridge. I took a food safety course and I get so frustrated that he tosses perfectly good food but then will eat chicken he left out overnight.

@lurvleybunchococonuts Glad your SD is doing better today! Is your SD the one who was kept out late a few days ago?

@notthefather  Sorry about your temping troubles. That sounds frustrating. And yes to the cabinets! It didn't bother me too much before until I nannied for a family who would leave all of their cabinet doors open in their tiny kitchen. Drove me insane. 

@charlestonchew Yay for O! And I'm the same way about things being fair. Did you have lots of siblings as well? I always wondered if my need for fairness stems from the feeling of "competing" with siblings.

Edited to include a tag.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: clomid, pnv, opks/temping

R/R: Rant: Tried making croissants.  I don't think they rose enough because they are kind of flat.  But I had to bake them because the butter was starting to melt.  So finicky - it need to be warm enough to proof but not too warm for the butter.  I left my second tray out to proof longer so hopefully they look better than the first tray.  Second Rant: It is Strawberry Fest in my town today and it is crazy.  Like busses of tourists and everything.  Rave: Getting strawberry everything at Strawberry Fest.  Strawberries are my favorite.

CS/Q: I need to figure out when to schedule my follie scan.  My RE recommended CD14, but last time I didn't ovulate until like day 20 and had to go in multiple times.  I guess this isn't really a question anybody can answer.

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?  I feel like most of the things I feel super strongly about are somewhat important - mainly science yo.  Hmmm I do have some food assosiations that DH makes fun of me for.  Chicken Crescents need Rice-a-Roni and peas as the sides.  Meatloaf needs potatoes and peas.  Watermelon is needed at all summer cookouts.

@notthefather I am 100% guilty of leaving everything open.  It drives DH mad.  And hopefully crampy means O soon!

@SkilledSailor I'd love to see pics of your hair.  And Iceland sounds amazing - our wedding photog has shared pics from her trips there and it is beautiful.  Also I feel like I heard flights were fairly cheap.

@RVAmom315 I'm with you on lunch meat.  And milk I'll keep a week or so past its sell by date.  But yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, and eggs I'll use a few weeks past the sell by date with a passing sniff test.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @dragonette505 @JennyColada I'm not a professional baker so mainly wanted to make them for the challenge. They are pretty flat so I think I just needed to proof longer. Ugh, they all taste ok though. We have a cute little French bakery in my town so I think I'll just get my fix there from now on. Maybe I'll give it one more try with your tips bc I'm stubborn.  ;)
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience I'm stubborn too! I'm gluten free now and in the early years i baked like a crazy woman trying to make good gluten free stuff. I still bake at least two loaves of gluten free sourdough every week. I say keep getting your fix at the bakery but every once in a while try your hand at it again
  • @SkilledSailor I was actually an only child! I have the typical "don't touch my stuff without asking" but I'm not very selfish (at least I like to think I'm not). I'm a bit different than your average only child because I had a lot of responsibility caring for my dad while he was sick.
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Yay for the improved kiddo attitude. 
    @charlestonchew Man 10 hrs of sleep sounds amazing.
    @becausescience Mmmm, now I want strawberries.
    @dragonette505 Ha, I feel you on that answer. Being in the medical field, it makes me laugh how medical terms are translated sometimes. Not the person's fault, they're not medical how would they know? For instance, there's a scan of your gallbladder called a HIDA scan. I saw it written down one day as a "hide-a-scan". 
    @JennyColada Waiting for everyone to get food to eat is just good manners!

~~~
    Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Preseed, HIO, CM charting, temping (badly)

R/R:
    Rant - This chick cannot hold her hard liquor anymore. I gave up wine trying to lose weight but gave in to a horseshoe mule last night while watching TV with hubbie. This morning, woke up nauseated, headache, run down and so emotional. I cried at the recycling episode of Sesame Street. No joke.

CS/Q: I think I figured this out by searching and rereading TCOYF, but yesterday I had a scant amount of CM which was cloudy, but stretchy to about 1.5". I charted it as EWCM. This morning it was gone but there was a small amount of creamy, definitely not stretchy CM. Is that why you guys would have done?

Also, anyone who takes folate instead of folic acid, does it make you nauseated? I've taken with and without food and doesn't seem to make a difference. 

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things? This one drives hubbie nuts: If you are using something or doing something, you should put it where it needs to go immediately after you finish. For instance, hubbie will dry his hands with a paper towel and if he's a few steps away from the trash, he'll just leave it on the counter saying he'll throw it away later. I'm of the opinion that you walk your ass over and throw it away immediately. Along those lines, I agree with @notthefather 100%. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard my PNVs have folate (instead of acid), but they also have everything else with it so I'm not sure if that is what affects it. But I take it at night after dinner and I feel ok with it. I want to say that I've read somewhere that iron in vitamins can sometimes lead to a nauseated feeling. andplusalso my stomach seems to be pretty good and rarely leaves me feeling icky regardless of what I eat.

tl;dr I'm no help.

@charlestonchew only child here too!

• I'm going to be P&G today, but I will try to check back in tonight!

Month/Cycle: 3/2 (1AL)

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, and preseed

R/R: Lots of running around today, but tonight it should be fairly relaxing. 

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things? I strongly believe that our Christmas tree should go up the first weekend of December.
  • @ChloandCoco yes! Never Christmas until December. At least in our house. No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving either.
  • Lmao, @JennyColada there/their/they're is another on that drives me insane.
    @fishsticks-n-custard I totally laughed at the thought of you hungover and crying at sesame street. I have often felt your pain, but LMFAO!

RE SD, we got to the bottom of the issue we think. BM has been telling her not to listen to me. M has been great when it's just DH & her. But all week has been a constant battle when I'm home or if I ask her to do something which is really abnormal. Usually she's my little buddy! Finally she talked to DH and apparently BM told her she does not have to listen to me. Ugh. 

And everyone else, *wave* hai! On mobile so hard to comment on everything. Hope ya'll have a fabulously wonderful day!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @SkilledSailor--that hair color sounds pretty!  You will have to share a pic.
    @becausescience--I love strawberry everything too...the strawberry fest sounds amazing!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3  (I ovulate late...around day 20...so the wait feels like forever!)

WAYDTGKU: opks, charting, (planning to try preseed this cycle too)

R/R: I am waiting for DH to come home so we can take the kids to swim...it should be a relaxing evening with the family.

CS/Q:  Have you all had cycles where you did not have EWCM?  This past cycle I did not notice any and that is unusual...wondering if it means I did not ovulate.  (I did get a positive OPK, but I know that only detects the surge in the hormone).

I really appreciate handwritten thank you notes. :)
  • @dukestar5 I think CM can fluctuate and not everyone gets EWCM. I don't even check mine anymore since I use OPKs and temp. It should follow a fertile pattern but doesn't always.
  • @becausescience croissants are amazing, but their level of baking neediness is SO HIGH. I love to bake, and they just aren't worth it to me.

@RVAmom515 I am the same way! I live and die by "Best By" dates, even though DH says they're "suggestions". No, the milk jug says it's only safe before this date; if it's not gone by this date, it's going in the trash. 

@SkilledSailor I'm so jealous! Grey/silver is where I'd looooove to take my hair! It is such a process though, and I have really dark hair... Oh well. My grandmothers both had really pretty gray, I'll get there naturally at some point. :)

Month/Cycle: 0/0

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping. Trying to find time to call my actual doctor.

R/R: Rant: DH needs a break something fierce. He was "late" for work for the first time in the entire time I've known him this morning. We both woke up to his phone ringing because his line crew needed let into the restaurant. I cannot wait for our vacation next month. Rave: We're buying tickets tonight for the Cubs game in Atlanta on the 18th to kick off the week vacation! We're going to Nashville, but driving to Nashville requires driving to Atlanta anyway, so we're gonna watch his favorite team play my favorite sport!

CS/Q: I have all of the questions, but they're useless because my chart is wackadoo this month. Maybe I'll stick it in the CS/Q thread, although I doubt I'll get any answers. 

VACATIONS ARE IMPORTANT. Your brain and your body both need a chance to unwind and not deal with the crap that you have to deal with in real life.

• @poandhendrix, I totally agree about vacations. We make them a high priority here and plan and budget for them years round. We do a family trip, a me and DH only trip, and separate trips yearly. At least. DH and I both get a little stir crazy if we're home too long. 

Month/Cycle: 13/11

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: I'll finish my first round of clomid tomorrow and then it's on to BBTs, OPKs, and all the sex until the TWW. 

R/R: These side effects are no joke. I have woken up with hot flashes for 3 nights in a row and it is making me really dread menopause. 

CS/Q: nothing today

GTKY: What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things? I can't think of anything. Probably because I think all of my strong opinions are very important in the grand scheme of things. #humble
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3, 6 months NTNP prior 

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PVN, Pre-seed this month 

R/R: I'm excited about two back to back BBQs tomorrow, that means little to no cooking for me and free entertainment with friends.

CS/Q: is it possible to have two LH surges in one month? I typically get a positive dark line on OPK on CD 15-17. Yesterday I noticed EWCM so I checked OPK and it was a dark line on CD9!! Today it's faint, I haven't started temping yet, so I may have completely missed my window.  I'm so confused!!
  • @kangaroo85, I get multiple LH surges about 50% of the time. It's annoying. I only believe it's the real deal when it's followed up by a rise in temp.
  • +1 to waiting for everyone to be served before eating, putting things where they belong, and vacations. 

@dukestar5: I second what was said about EWCM. You may not get any some cycles but that does not necessarily mean you didn't ovulate. 
    @LazyCrane: You have all my sympathies for your hot flashes. I had them while on a Lupron cycle and the internal fire is inescapable. I would literally put my head in the freezer. It's awful and I hope it subsides for you soon. 
    @JennyColada: BBQ to get pregnant? I'm cool with that  :D
    @fishsticks-n-custard: I switched to prenatals with folate this week and they do seem to mess with my stomach if I take them without eating, but if your prenatal has iron I would suspect that's the bigger culprit. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• notthefathernotthefather member
    edited June 2017
    @kangaroo85: that's definitely possible. I'm waiting for my temps to tell me if I actually ovulated this week. The only way to know for sure if your surge led to ovulation is by temps or, in this case, getting your period early. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @LazyCrane @notthefather Thanks! Looks like I'll be buying a BBT thermometer tomorrow. 
  • @notthefather Lol you're the first to catch my BBQ. Hehe. Food babies are still babies! ;)