March 2017 Moms

Are there any vegan moms here?

So, I'm a vegan and my fiance is not. This has not been an issue for us thus far. In fact, he was very supportive when made the decision to go vegan, especially since I never tried to get him to do it too. 

Well, now that Dean is 3 months old, we've been talking more about how we want to feed him in the future. I have agreed to let him eat meat (with the exception of pork) so long as it's free of added hormones and antibiotics and a lean cut. He has agreed to not balk at me having Dean try seitan and other meat substitues in the future. Where we're running into issues is with dairy. I absolutely do not want to feed out child dairy. Aside from my moral objections to dairy, the phosphorus in it depletes your bones of calcium and blocks absorption of calcium. My fiance, however, is a cheese fanatic and insists that it will be a staple for them. 

How did you and your partner come to an agreement about your child's diet? I would love some advice.

Re: Are there any vegan moms here?

• As I'm sure youve guessed, this board is pretty much dead. We've all migrated to a Facebook group. I'm sure if you wanted to join us over there lots of ladies would be happy to answer you!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Can I get an add as well?!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd love to be added to the Facebook group.
  • I'm not sure how to do it, but I've posted on the group so hopefully one of the admins will post!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @MsTurney @ShannonJ96 if you send me your email address I can add you. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31