November 2017 Moms

Baby Movement

Re: Baby Movement

• @RiverSong15 I haven't felt baby consistently and have convinced myself something is wrong. Anxiety is hard.  Hope you feel something soon!!  I think I felt some movement last night but who knows.  It made me feel better for a little bit.  Im only 18 weeks though.
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    I have started to feel flutters which I can only assume to be baby at 19 +weeks. It's happened a few times this past week. Hoping they get a little stronger so DH and I can feel them from the outside.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday LO was giving me pain but I wasn't feeling movement which made me a little upset. Then we got back in the car and LO gave me a nice big kick right to the top of the belly.  DH first felt LO this morning, I know he has before but he can feel my heart beat more in the front of the belly and mistakes the baby kicks for just me moving. 
  • @RiverSong15 I go through periods where I don't feel anything, it stresses me out but the doc said that's normal right now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge Yay for feeling movement! I am so jealous, sitting at 18w2d and still don't even feel the flutters or quickening movement.

I was feeling my stomach the other night and had a hard knot feeling on my left side, while the other areas felt soft and normal. About 15 minutes later, that area didn't feel hard or like there was a knot anymore. So it made me wonder if it was where the baby was located...but not sure if it's possible to really "feel" the baby from external touches at this point. 

Still going to sit here and patiently wait for movement.
  • 18w2d I got my first throbbing. I was sunbathing and flipped onto my stomach. Wasn't pushing hard nor did I have to pee but it felt like the throbbing you get when you can't hold your pee anymore. And then it went away when I moved. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 Yes, those hard spots are baby. It's either a foot or butt most of the time for me. I know because I can often feel the heartbeat or find it with Doppler. The HR "drops" when baby flips or turns and I can hear movement. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @dragonfly87-2 that video is nuts!! Thanks for sharing, I watched it like this :open_mouth:

• Those of you who are feeling baby from the outside, how far along were you when it started? 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption
  • Those of you who are feeling baby from the outside, how far along were you when it started? 
    I'm 19+4 today. But it was super light and my DH had some trouble distinguishing many movements from my pulse. It was subtle, but there if he focused on it. Some of the jabs I thought were strong, he still couldn't feel, so it's hit or miss for us tonight. I've heard it's normal for outside kicks to not be noticeable until 24 weeks for FTMs.
    With my first, 20 weeks. With this one 18 something. But it's only been a handful of times and never when I'm trying to. My husband has yet to feel it, and I don't think he was able to feel my first until tri 3 because he was always impatient about it. 
  • ShePersistedShePersisted member
    edited June 2017
    I also think feeling movement outside is dependent on fat deposits on your belly. I think for me personally I think I have more fat on my belly plus anterior placenta which means I'd be lucky to feel movement outside very regularly. I do feel the baby but it hugely depends how she is positioned and inconsistent at this point the best. 
    I felt it at 17 weeks. But I keep all my fat in my butt and thighs and not my stomach, so I've always felt kicks from the outside pretty soon after feeling them inside. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I started feeling that muscle twitch feeling at 14 weeks. Thought it was way too soon to be babies, but a week later it became clear. This seems to be unusually early and I chock it up to a combo of minimal belly fat, and twins. 
    I felt him from the outside the same day I first felt him from the inside at 18+6 (I'm a FTM). I felt something weird near my bikini line and put my hand there and got two sharp jabs! It was great. Now I mostly feel him from the inside. 

• I started feeling baby from the outside at 15 weeks, dh felt them at 17 weeks. I have almost no belly fat and abnormally strong children. Seriously with my first a nurse told me that he was one of the strongest if not The strongest baby she had seen in her 20 years as a nurse working with babies. Haha I also had a bruised rib the entire 3rd trimester thanks to a few well placed baby kicks. So I definitely wouldn't say feeling on the outside so early is likely.
  • NOT convinced there isn't a second baby hiding in there. Feeling giant rolls on two sides almost simultaneously all morning so far! Ultrasound next Wednesday so maybe they'll find a second??
    I started feeling baby around 18 weeks from the inside and outside. At my A/S baby was literally dancing on my bladder and crossing/uncrossing her legs for the entire half hour.  :D For how active she looked, I wouldn't say i always feel it. Or that I'm even able to distinguish it from gas yet. But every once in a while, I just kind of know it's her! 
  • I haven't felt baby from
    the outside yet. Been feeling it from the inside for weeks now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Basically all movement I feel is below my underwear line which is where my c-section scar is. I sometimes, but rarely, feel movement above the scar and it's only slightly above. I'm hoping this little child moves up for my repeat anatomy scan so they can actually see her spine and let me know my fluid levels. But with my luck, probably not. Sigh.
  • tsa208tsa208 member
    I've been feeling movement since about week 16, which I didn't expect because I have an anterior placenta. It was little flutters at first, I wasn't sure if it was the baby or something else, but it progressively got stronger and stronger.

Last night I got my first somewhat painful kicks. It was like she was head down in birth position and kicking up into my diaphragm. I was laying on my right side about to fall asleep and nearly leapt off the bed it startled me so much. I got a couple more kicks like that and just sat up for a while. I was scared it was going to go on all night. I laid back down in the same position (on my right side) and immediately, boom, another kick. I got the message real quick she didn't like how I was laying, so I flipped to my other side and all was well the rest of the night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @av2323 so glad you described them that way! I've been feeling ever-so-slight little "pops" at times but haven't been sure whether it's babies or gas! Does anyone else think they feel like little bubbles popping?
  • I'm feeling something but I'm still not convinced it's the baby. Today I felt what seemed like a poke but it was up towards my ribs. At 18+3 there is no way the baby is up that far. I'm pretty bummed I haven't felt anything. I'm starting to get very nervous! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today I am 20w 5d, and we feel the baby from the outside if the stars align and all conditions are right. 

Anyone else think their LO may have had hiccups yet? Even though this is our 4th there is still such a mystery and thrill in feeling them. If this was not hiccups then the baby was kicking with amazing rhythm!! I was just wondering if anyone else thought they felt hiccups yet.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    I hadn't been feeling baby move consistently but the other night at 17+5, I thought I felt him and quickly moved my hand to that area and actually felt two tiny little jabs. Eek! Now I'm obsessed with touching my belly but of course haven't felt it again. I didn't feel my first moving (internally) until like 23 weeks so this is very exciting. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    Today I am 20w 5d, and we feel the baby from the outside if the stars align and all conditions are right. 

Anyone else think their LO may have had hiccups yet? Even though this is our 4th there is still such a mystery and thrill in feeling them. If this was not hiccups then the baby was kicking with amazing rhythm!! I was just wondering if anyone else thought they felt hiccups yet.
    I *think* I may have felt hiccups yesterday. Baby really is moving all over the place and I was a little gassy, so I'm wondering if that was from baby because I sure wasn't like this before pregnancy!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Thanks for sharing. I really think this was the first case we could experience! I was lying on the bed with my head elevated when it started. Usually, if I lay flat on my back I can feel more from the outside. So I changed positions and DH could feel them too! Again, if this was not hiccups, then we may have a drummer on our hands! lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Baby definitely just moved up a little. I felt a lot of pressure. Hopefully she stays up instead of using my bladder as a chair!
  • I have been feeling the baby pretty consistently now at almost 21 weeks however it's a little hard to get the pattern. Like I'll feel her constantly all day for a day but the next day it's just a few sporadic kicks. Sometimes I don't feel anything for hours or whole night and then I will suddenly after bf. When does the counting and kick consistency begin? When do you have to start counting? I assume not before 27. - 28 weeks right? 
  • @ShePersisted why do we have to count our babies kicks? 
  • @bcashaw  You don't have to count kicks unless the doctor tells you to. If the baby isn't moving around even when you try to provoke movement or something like that, there could be something wrong, so the doctors want you to count kicks, but I'm pretty sure that isn't until much later. I asked my doctor about it with my last pregnancy and that's what I remember him telling me.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ShePersisted my OB said 28ish Weeks is the peak so that's when I'd start being concerned I think. I'm a week behind you but LO is pretty inconsistent. I do feel him when I've just gotten settled into bed but he usually stops after a little bit. Today DH felt a nice good kick after I'd had some ice cream.