June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms

What are you lovely ladies up to this weekend? 

Shout out to our May and July friends who'd like to join in on the convo...

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    Spending the weekend in the hospital after my unexpected C section. Juliana nurses like a champ and is so peaceful while sleeping I could just stare at her all day! 

Entertaining a a lot of guests today and tomorrow here as they meet her for the first time. My pain isn't bad at all and I have graduated to getting out of bed on my own! Otherwise I wouldn't let people visit. It's kind of nice that she was born on a Friday so she can meet everyone on the weekend. 
  • Options
    DH and I are arguing over who's going to do the food shopping and errands by themselves and who's going to stay home with the kids. The problem is he'd like to do the food shopping but he doesn't cook, so he ends up coming home with the wrong stuff, plus I stay home with the kiddos all week so sometimes I like to get out. Such a glamorous life we lead!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    edited June 2017
    Congrats @mtvkv5 I'm glad nursing is going well for you!
    @mamaelle27 I totally get that feeling of wanting to get out of the house sometimes.  I think after the first few weeks I'll be back to doing the grocery shopping for just that reason even though it will be a huge pain.

I can't wait to have this baby!  I'm just resigned to another c-section at this point since she is being stubborn.  Scheduled for bright and early monday morning.  At least I'll finally be able to meet her and hold her.  This weekend we are just getting the house clean and ready for the baby and doing last minute chores.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    We need to start packing our apartment. We are finally closing on a house Tuesday and moving, which is also crazy with a 2 week old. Today DH and DS are working on some things at the new house, and I'm hanging out with the baby. Hoping to get lots of rest and maybe start thinking about packing...
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    Another quiet recovery weekend for us. Our midwife is coming to check on us today and my aunt is coming to meet Micah. Tomorrow dh is taking dd to see cars 3. 
  • Options
    I'm spending my weekend tidying up whatever I can find, bouncing on the labor ball, walking and resting before my last 3 12 hour shifts. Aaaaand wondering if our child will ever make an appearance
  • Options
    Relaxing at home with my new baby and older kids. I've got all my kids back home finally. It's in the high 90's & 100's here this weekend. So we'll be spending a lot of time indoors.  I'm thinking spend time watching movies.
  • Options
    @ashleyl31 we also moved houses when the baby was 2 weeks old, good luck!
  • Options
    DH was looking for something do this morning so I asked if he would vacuum behind the couch. He pulled both couches out of the living room, vacuumed, rolled up the rug, mopped the whole room, vacuumed the baseboards, and all of the corners. Then he rearranged the furniture so things fit a little better and now the love sac fits in with everything else. My living room is cleaner than it has been since we moved in, and now we have more seating. 

Like @EBReece, I'm also wondering if this baby will ever come. 

@Kylieslip24, are you still in the hospital?
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    @shmarpler no we're home. We were there for 5 days though. We were planning a month long lay in before, but the Drs wanted us to do it too. I think tomorrow we are going to go for a walk though! It's the slowest recovery ever! Lol 
  • Options
    KB00KB00 member
    @shmarpler that sounds like a dream come true! I am so jealous. I so wish my husband would take that initiative! He doesn't "see when things are dirty" *eyeroll* and doesn't deep clean at all. But he does dishes and laundry regularly so I'll stay happy with that. I bet that made your little nesting heart very happy! 

I have scheduled RCS on Friday so this is our last weekend as a family of three. So we have been trying to do fun things with our 3 y/o son. Today we took him to a park with a dinosaur exhibit this month and it's all my son could talk about for two days leading up to it. He LOVED it so much. And it was nice and shady otherwise walking in this 96 degree Florida heat would have killed me at 38 weeks pregnant. It was great though! 

Mini-Rant that I'm sure so many of you can relate to this late in the game: 
    if ONE more person tells me that I am HUGE and my baby must be massive or that I MUST be carrying more than one child I am literally going to lose it on someone!! It's to the point that I wish I could hide the bump because I am so tired of hearing it everywhere I go in public now! It's just so rude to say even if you're being playful. (Calling someone huge should never be considered playful). 
  • Options
    @Kylieslip24, that's probably the best thing you could have planned to do. Do they know what caused your bleed?

@KB00, I shouldn't paint an unrealistic picture of him. He was pretty grouchy while he cleaned, but he definitely made my nesting heart happy.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    Yes, I had the same thing happen with my dd, but this time was worse. My placenta was implanted on a fibroid. This time they missed it though so we were not as prepared. With dd they warned us at 15 weeks. That's why he has to be my last baby, if it happens again worse I don't think I'd make it. 
  • Options
    We're setting up the crib tomorrow! That's all I got, nothing exciting this weekend. 
  • Options
    Yes, I had the same thing happen with my dd, but this time was worse. My placenta was implanted on a fibroid. This time they missed it though so we were not as prepared. With dd they warned us at 15 weeks. That's why he has to be my last baby, if it happens again worse I don't think I'd make it. 
    Scary!
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    @huzzahuzza What a sweet photo <3! My newborn photos are scheduled for the 27th and I can't wait! 
  • Options
    @JennMof3 it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. We had to take lots of nursing breaks and it wound up being like 4 hours worth of a photos, nursing cycle. I was pretty exhausted by the end but I think she got some pretty amazing shots!
  • Options
    @huzzahuzza That's what I'm worried about. I booked my photographer last January. I've been keeping her up to date on my timeline as best I could. Now she only has 5pm appointments and she lives 40 minutes away. My sons NB session went much like you mentioned and lasted about 4 hours. This lady said they usually run about 2 but that's what the last lady said too. I just hope it goes ok cuz I hate late in the day stuff. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mamaelle27! I recently joined from the July board.

Beautiful pic @huzzahuzza !

My weekend was low key. DS had a great day yesterday. He was so energetic and silly. We mostly ran a few errands and worked on stuff around the house. The weather was beautiful all weekend long, so we got extra outside time in. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm jumping in from May!
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm jumping in from May!