Pregnant after IF

1st Tri Check in Wk june 19 ***NEW LEADER NEEDED****

Happy Monday ladies!!!  Is anyone willing to take over this thread?  This will be my last week in the first Tri. 

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. Did you do anything to celebrate father's day over the weekend?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@khinca EDD 12/21/17

@taylormichel EDD 12/24/17 TWINS!

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@takethelongway EDD 12/28/17 (est) (TWINS!)

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@wanderlust14 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

@klyn7 EDD1/6/18

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8/18

@whenwillieversleep1 EDD 1/13/18

@jessaber0414 EDD 1/23/18

@caseyw8784 EDD 1/25/18 (TWINS!)

@akrowe EDD 1/25/18

@surgarbreak EDD 1/31/18

@zoey1019 EDD 2/1/18

@megzb510 EDD 2/8/18

@angelaag EDD 2/9/18

@ladymillil EDD 2/10/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 1st Tri Check in Wk june 19 ***NEW LEADER NEEDED****

• wabash15 Congrats on graduating to the 2nd trimester!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  I'm 8 weeks today. My EDD is still 1/31/18 at this point.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  The nausea comes and goes but seems to have let up lately. I'm still pretty tired all the time.

3. When is your next appointment?  I'm going in tomorrow morning for an US instead of next Tuesday. See below!

You might've remembered my check-in from last week--I was diagnosed with SCH. I've been bleeding and passing clots again. It started Sunday afternoon right in the middle of a busy Farmer's Market. :( I filled the pad I was wearing in seconds and passed a palm-size clot. Luckily I was able to get to a bathroom and then home before more "gushing." I've passed more blood and tissue than I had during last week's episode, so I'm feeling  doubtful about things.

As scary as these SCH episodes are now, I can't imagine them happening later in my pregnancy when this little peanut is baby, kicking and moving. I sure hope everything is okay. Real talk: A part of me is angry that I've spent the last four years ttc and when I finally get pregnant I'm faced with this scare. I'm back and forth between feeling defeated and hopeful....which is much like I've felt throughout my infertility process. I hope this SCH is far more dramatic than it seems.

On the plus side, I had a phone apt. with an OB nurse today, though I am leaning toward the midwifery model of care for my pregnancy and delivery. My healthcare is through Kaiser and the midwives and OBs  at my clinic have a very collaborative relationship. it was nice to hear about the way things work there and that the program is renowned. I feel reassured that if I needed to transfer to OB due to high risk, the transition will be easy. Anyone else leaning toward a midwife for their pregnancy care?

QOTW:

All of my dads (bio dad, step dad, FIL) live out of state, but I wished them all a Happy Father's Day and said I hope to be introducing them to their new grandbaby next year. It would be the first for my bio dad. I got a kick out of wishing my husband a Happy Father's Day. I think it counts just the same with a bun in the oven!

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8 weeks, 5 days. EDD is 1/25/18

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Nausea is not as consistently bad/severe as it has been...some days I'm almost completely fine, other days I don't want to get out of bed. Tired all of the time, and breast tenderness is ramping up. I think I'm having some round ligament pain, or something like it that makes things interesting.

3. When is your next appointment?  Friday June 30th I have my first appointment with my regular OB (had been previously working with a RE) but I think I'm only having a Doppler scan rather than an ultrasound. (boo!)

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  DH is coming around to the idea of twins without any major freak outs, luckily! He still thinks that I need to upgrade my car to a larger SUV (my car is almost at the point of replacing anyways) so this weekend we might go test drive some. Anyone have any suggestions for 3 row SUVs?

QOTW:

1. Did you do anything to celebrate father's day over the weekend? Nothing special. Both my dad and FIL live out of state, so DH and I called both to say hi. DH worked 24 hour shifts both Saturday and Sunday, so I had a nice relaxing weekend doing whatever I wanted...  :wink:

• Loading the player...
  • @Sugarbreak I am so sorry you've had more bleeding and passing clots. have they had you go back in for a follow-up US?  That is so scary. TW*** we lost our first pregnancy and after years of trying and fertility treatments it felt like such a cruel double whammy, but we have now had 2 healthy pregnancies end TW*** fx your little one is a fighter!
    @caseyw8784 glad DH is coming around to the idea of twins. A lot of people recommend the traverse, we even considered it but were surprised at how the third row felt "flimsy" just not as robust as the others and anyone sitting on it without a car seat would be very uncomfortable in a long ride. I think my biggest challenge with the 3rd row SUVs is the lack of storage space in the trunk. I think you might be hard pressed to get a stroller and all the other baby stuff in the trunk area... (I had the same observation about the toyota highlander) 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 - I've heard good things about the Traverse. I like the idea of a 3 row SUV so i can keep the 3rd row down 90% of the time for the extra cargo space...especially since we will need a larger stroller. We'd use the 3rd row when we are visiting our parents or friends (easier to only take one car when we go places, rather than two.) I currently have a Rogue, and was looking at the cargo space and I'm not sure i can really fit a double stroller with anything else i'd need. DH's best friend has the Rav4, so he's telling us we need to look at the Highlander. I really liked the old Pilot...the redesign makes it look too big, but will probably test drive that. And since I love my Rogue, I want to check out the Pathfinder. Did you end up getting the Highlander?
  • @caseyw8784 no, we as much as younger me cringes to say this are going the minivan route. since we have twins in car seats and now will have a 3rd in a car seat plus a lab we just need more space and storage. I know everyone has advice on strollers but if you want to go the side by side route the mountain buggy duo is AMAZING. its actually the same width as their single stroller (25 inches so it fits through all doorways), it can do car seat attachments. plus its good "off roading" 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 - DH wants me to look at minivans too...i told him i would at least test drive a couple, but he knows that i really would like to stay with an SUV if possible. Especially with living in Boston proper...we only have street parking, and I can't imagine parking a minivan on the street - i'd worry that it will eventually get side-swiped! Thanks for the stroller rec! So far I really like the city select with the 2nd seat kit, but next time we go to the store I'll take a look at the mountain buggy! :smile:
  • @caseyw8784 The city select was our second choice but it was awkward for me to fold and unfold (DH had no problems with it).  (I must have practiced on a variety of strollers a thousand times) I also didn't love that once they were in the regular seats that the baby in the back did not have much leg room if they were both forward facing. All that being said It has excellent reviews and I know a ton of people that love it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 Congrats on leaving the 1st trimester behind!

@sugarbreak How scary! I have had similar fears. We were on the IF train for about 5 years and had 2 losses and I've spent a good portion of this pregnancy fretting and it is frustrating. I want to just be EXCITED. I also wanted to use a midwife model of care but am unable to right now. My insurance has them out of network and I know that I'll have to see them as well as the OB and deliver in hospital because I'm on lovenox. I just can't afford to pay them OOP on top of meeting my deductible for the OB and hospital, who are both in-network

11w2d. EDD is 1/8/18

Fatigue, food aversions, lots of emotions, the need for small portions, headaches....

6/27. DH's birthday and I'll be 12w1d! We are finding out baby's sex that day too since we did the Informaseq.

Not really. Just really excited to get to the 2nd trimester! 

QOTW:

We had dinner with FIL and DH spent the day floating in our pond in celebration of his "first" Father's Day. 

• @ryannenikole if you have to go the OB route for insurance reasons maybe adding a doula can help give you the feel of a midwife. I know the doula does not do anything medically but it may be nice to have someone there who is solely focused on you and DH.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• I guess I've always thought that a doula was basically a midwife, but @wabash15 just re-affirmed what my friend told me the other day. She had suggested that i look into a postpartum doula, and the way she described it made it seem like she's a half nanny/nurse and half housekeeper? is that what a doula is? 
  • @wabash15 I was considering a doula! My sister recommended it, actually. She didn't use one for either of her births but knows how much I wanted that particular experience. 
  • @caseyw8784 so there are multiple kinds of doulas there are doulas that focus on loss, doulas that help with the birth process and post partum doulas. (there are several other types but I forget off the top of my head). Usually a birth doula will meet with you and your DH/SO several times before the birth to get to know both of you and what your goals are for the birth. They will be there with you for your entire birth process (so if you in labor for 36+hrs they are with you the whole time) they do not do anything medical but can be helpful in facilitating discussions with your medical care provider about what you want. like if you don't want cervical checks an the doc comes in to do one the doula may say something to you like ... "didn't we chat about your desire for less monitoring.,." and then it opens the door for you to have a talk with your provider about what you want. They do not make any medical decisions and won't tell you what to do. They will be there to get you and your SO food, help guide your SO in ways to support you. rub your back, get you water, hold your or SO's hand. what ever. They also typically do 1 post partum visit. Post partum doulas from my understanding can be highered on an hourly basis, so if you need them one week and not another that's cool. They will do light house work, play with other kids to allow you time to focus on baby or support you in the ways you need help at the time. does that make sense? ( I recently went to a local "meet the doulas" event and it was helpful.  Everyone I have known who has had a doula has LOVED the experience so I am hoping for that this time around.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• *TW*

Unfortunately this is the end of the road for me. My scan yesterday showed no heartbeat. It's likely things didn't work out b/c chromosomal abnormalities, not due to SCH. I guess I won't know for sure, since we aren't planning to test. Now I'm just hoping a natural miscarriage occurs soon because I don't think I can string this out for much longer.

Somehow will find a way to put the dream of parenthood behind me. I can't believe this is over and my husband and I will never have a baby of our own.

Take care, all. I wish you the best with your pregnancies.
  • @Sugarbreak - oh no, that sucks! I'm so sorry that this is happening! Please take time to take care of yourself and I wish you peace.
  • @wabash15 - thanks for explaining in so much detail! i think i'm going to have to look into this, cause it definitely looks like something that i'd be interested in...at least, the postpartum part. as of right now, I'm pretty much thinking that i'll be going along with whatever the doctors say/suggest (to a reasonable extent), since twins can be a whole different ballgame than delivery a singleton, but still, the whole concept of a doula is pretty awesome :smile:
  • @Sugarbreak I am so sorry for your loss. huge hugs. TW*** my first pregnancy was a miscarriage,end TW*** I am so sorry your part of a group no one ever wants to join. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. try to be good to yourself. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Hi ladies! I wanted to give a cautious hello. It might be early to post here, but I can't help myself. I just had my second beta today, which came back at 611. 
    @caseyw8784 I remember you from the May FET board, how exciting you're having twins. Glad to hear your DH is coming around, I'm sure once they get here he will be thrilled!

I'm only 4 weeks, EDD of 2/26

So far mostly fatigue. I've started to notice a shift in appetite (not able to eat full portions), but I'm not sure if that's from the progesterone.

My first US appointment is July 5th 

Since this is of course all new to me I'm excited, but nervous. I've been TTC for almost two years and it's been a long road. 

QOTW:

My husband is actually abroad for work right now. He was away for the transfer, and of course when I started to POAS over the weekend. I had a really faint squinter on Saturday, took 4 HPT on Sunday morning, all faint positives. A while back I bought a onesie that said, "hello daddy" so on Sunday I video chatted with my husband and showed him the onesie with a positive HPT and told him 'happy father's day.' I then went to celebrate with my parents and brother's family and it was very hard to keep my mouth shut about the news. We want to wait a bit and share once he's home in July.

TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaseycoco welcome!! we are happy to have you and that is a great second beta number
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    From 3rd tri 
    So sorry to hear that @Sugarbreak
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @kaseycoco - woo-hoo and welcome! :smile: that's a great 2nd beta! are you going to have a 3rd or go straight to an ultrasound?
  • @Sugarbreak Oh I am so so sorry to read this :disappointed: Please be kind to yourself, I can't imagine how you are feeling right now.

TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @Sugarbreak I am so very sorry. TW***I had 2 MCs prior to this pregnancy and it is so terribly hard. Especially after IF. ****End TW