January 2018 Moms

Babymoon at the Lake

edited June 2017 in January 2018 Moms

Do any of you ladies know where to stay on the lake? Looking for recommendations. Preferably under $200/night. Saw some places in Wisconsin! Looking for lakes around a half days' drive from Ohio and in the USA. Thoughts?

*edited to show USA only*

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Babymoon at the Lake

• Did you mean to post this on your local board?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I grew up in the Lake Geneva/Delavan Lake area of Wisconsin and would recommend Lake Lawn Lodge on Delavan Lake.  Nice full service resort with on site restaurants etc and is a short drive to all the fun stuff in Lake Geneva without the Lake Geneva prices also recently updated.  Delavan is pretty nice as well if you are looking for less people.  I have seen deals on Groupon for anywhere from $99-$129 a night.  If you are looking for Lake Michigan, there are a couple in the Milwaukee area I could suggest as well, dependent on when you were looking to vacation.
  • Loading the player...
  • @egirl1025 Thank you! I saw some on Lake Sinippsi?? Sorry.. I can't spell it but I was looking at Wisconsin and also we honeymooned in MO at Lake of the Ozarks but I was wanting something half days' drive instead. Air BnB has awesome cabins in the Lake Sinippsi? area! Thanks again :)

@BelhurstBride Not necessarily, just wondering if anyone had any lakes they went to. Half days' drive from Ohio would be great but in retrospect I was thinking in the USA.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lake Sinnissippi is fairly close to where we are, but I would say it would add approximately another 90 minutes to your drive past the Lake Geneva/ Delavan area.  It would however be right in the middle of the Kettle Moraine area of the state which is beautiful and nice for hiking/biking.  It is a fairly remote area as well so if you are looking to just chill on the lake for however many days it is definitely the place.  Also it is very close to Holy Hill Cathedral which is a very beautiful place that offers tours and beautiful views of the area.