Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC - 6/23

Re: FFFC - 6/23

• @vflux33 I kind of think your tree looks like the silhouette of a woman kneeling.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    @becausescience @vflux33 yeah, I thought it was you sort of playing Katniss for a while 
  • @kiki75 - I totally understand what you meant! And everyone has different levels of alone time they need. And I'm WAAAYYY more productive when he's not home because, like you, I'd rather do fun things with him over paying bills or changing the litter box!
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kiki75 def think you're normal and not in a bad relationship lol. I often worry that DH and I are codependent. 

@vflux33 have you read Joan Didion's A Year of Magical Thinking? There's a section in it where she writes something to the effect of, "were we unusually dependent on one another or were we unusually lucky?" And I always think of that now with DH. It's a fine line lol. 
  • @pebbledam Yeah, I know... I watch a lot of TV so not seeing Hunger Games is totally unrelated to crunchiness and I have no excuse. 
  • @pebbledam @vflux33 I think the hunger games books are v good. I didn't love the movies. The first movie, though, is one of the best movies to fall asleep to. The music at first is pretty soothing and it's not lit brightly. It's great. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Someone once called us codependent as an insult (her own personal life is a mess so whatever). I don't think MH and I are "enabling" any negative qualities so unless you are doing that I don't think you're codependent either. I have read like 50% of Joan Didion, but not that one. I might actually have it somewhere. Nice quote! 
  • @vflux33 I mean, we enable each other to be hermits. And like, not change out of pajamas lol. Yea, we're definitely not clinically codependent, and I can't imagine being in any other type of relationship, but lawd help whichever one of us kicks the bucket first. ;) 

That book by JD is worth the hype! But probably not something you should read if you're actively mourning a death. 
  • While we're on the subject of avatars, can I confess that until today I had never clicked on @kbamomma33's to see it bigger....and I do not know why, I cannot explain it, but I really, truly, genuinely thought her avatar was a still image from Frozen before I saw it enlarged. I don't know why! It's so weird I thought that! 

FYI, @kbamomma33 I picture you as Elsa. I don't think it's something I can stop doing! Do you look like Elsa?
    Ha! This is funny to me!  :D:)
    Sorry to say, I do not look like Elsa. I have shoulder length brown hair, a far cry from a gorgeous, blonde princess braid.  :(
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yeah I love Didion, but purposely avoided that one because I know what it's about. Things are going pretty well for me now, but not enough to tempt fate by reading something that depressing. 
  • I'm a little late to the game today. It took me a few weeks to change my avatar cause I was being lazy and quite honestly it took me way longer to figure out how to do it than I'd like to admit. Which I guess is my FFFC. 

Also, I'm pro hairwashing 2-3 times a week and I don't use dry shampoo. I wash the smelly bits, but the hair takes so much work.  It depends on the weather/what's going on. 

And I'm with @doxiemoxie212 & @vflux33 that I actually like spending a lot of time with DH. I feel a little lost when he's not around. I'm definitely more productive when he's gone, but I enjoy doing the stupid day to day things with him. I like a little free time once in a while to just read a book (without interruption) or watch a movie he'd laugh at me for from time to time. For a while he was working 3rd and I work 1st so we were forced to not see each other. He was suppose to switch to 2nd which didn't last long. He's back job searching again so we'll see what shift he ends up on.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• zwink1zwink1 member
    @kiki75 and @BertieMeetsGertie, you guys are like my spirit animals!!!  I love to do that kind of stuff!  I was sort of freaking H out by how quickly I was able to find ownership info online when we were house hunting.
  • @50Wife - I actually like your black square because I automatically associate it with you! I was just hating on the default avatars!
    @redpuma119 - You were an anomaly to me because I would see you posting and could tell you were a regularly contributing memeber! I'm glad you changed it, though and those peppers look delish!
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @Redpuma119 Don't feel bad, I took forever to change mine too. Way too lazy and I am only on mobile so I just figured it couldn't be done!
  • @leekat14 I am only ever on mobile! 
    @pebbledam it was for sure time to change it
  • @Redpuma119 Me too! I tried once to log in on my computer and it didn't recognize my screen name.  If I ever get logged out I'll be screwed! 
  • @pebbledam Haha that's a big reason I don't smoke now. I did a lot in college but my roommate had a family member that grew it so it was easy access. Now that I'm in the real world, I don't have the faintest idea of where to get it. Colorado? 
  • @SkilledSailor - I've never smoked a lot, but I feel like I could rely less on my anxiety meds if I had access! I went to Colorado in December, but I was so sick that I never went to a dispensary. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam It totally helps with anxiety. That's actually a big reason I smoked. Self-medicating my sleep issues. I bet Colorado was amazing (minus the being sick part)! 
  • @pebbledam @SkilledSailor Cannabis is awesome and if I weren't TTGP I'd be alllllll over it here in CA. It's great for anxiety, especially CBD dominant strains. Maybe a FFFC but I think it's better than alcohol and if it didn't stay in your system as long (and there was better research on using it when TTC) I'd treat it like alcohol now. 
  • @pebbledam I love your pics!!
  • @vflux33 - I'm trying to give up diet soda now and I feel like smoking a little herb couldn't be nearly as bad for TTC as aspartame! 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam Yeah you're probably right about that! I doubt weed is that big of a deal TTC -- I was just being paranoid and wanted to play it safe for myself in a large part because I like it a lot and I don't trust myself to partake in moderation. BUT I definitely plan to pick it back up once baby stuff ends and replace my glass of wine with it.
  • @vflux33 - send me sommmmme.

Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017