January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/17-6/23

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 6/17-6/23

• @EmilyBurkhart, so far anytime I experience something like what you're describing it ends up being digestive related. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to take a couple weeks off from our bmb because I was sooo sick. Thankfully I'm doing way better now and got the good meds. 
    My weird symptom that just started today is my eyesight! Everything on my phone is blurry. I would probably be freaked out but this happened with DS as well, it's just annoying. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @maueraa07 so glad the meds are helping! With DD, my eyesight changed during pregnancy too and I ended up having to get a different prescription 5 months after she was born. But you're right, it's a pain. 
  • Today, I made beef stroganoff which is one of my favorite foods, and it tasted SO BLAND. DH said it was one of the better ones I've made, which must only mean that my taste buds have changed
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @williams-jen that truly sucks. Beef stroganoff is amazing. 
  • @GraceUponGrace09 yes that is me too! I have to have snacks on hand all the time because when I do get hungry it turns into a stomachache quick if I don't get some food
  • Ugh, I don't know if this is pregnancy related or if I ate something bad:(
    was sick for the first time, but had gastrointestinal issues at the same time. It was the first time in my life I needed a trash bin in front of me while sitting on the pot. Once I was done though, I felt fine. Is this MS or something I ate? Just worried it's not the end of it even though it feels like it is:(
  • @madcouplewithabox it could be either. I will unashamedly admit that there was more than one time my last pregnancy that I barfed so hard I had it come out the other end too, or vice versa. If you're feeling ok now I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pregnancy does terrible things to the digestive tract...
  • @madcouplewithabox I have had far more "other end issues" than throwing up. Fortunately I've not had them simultaneously. I have noticed that ice cream tends to cause my biggest issues (not unusual for me in general) so it really could be a combination of something you ate and MS. I hope it doesn't stick around for you! 

AFM, woke up feeling better today than I have in days. I've also cried 4 days in a row and can only eat small portions or I feel ill. Also, water with lemon is my jam. I drink it all day long. 
  • @madcouplewithabox, how you feeling today? 

In my experience that experience is usually food/stomach bug related, but that's not to say it can't be pregnancy related. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy break outs. I'm 11w2d and this past week I've reverted back to my 13 year old pizza face (and chest, wtf!?). Prior to pregnancy I had been using spironalactone (which I had to stop before TTC) and benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin and I had no acne.

Initially I had stopped the benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin when we got BFP but my OB said that it's ok to use "as long as I'm not smothering my whole body in it and covering myself in Saran wrap" (she literally said that like 3 times) so I re-started it. Anyone else still using it/heard it's ok to use?

Has as anyone been using any more natural alternatives that seem to do the trick? 
  • @cbrennan04 My acne spiked around week 9 our 10,and now at week 12 it has all dried up, now all I have is flaky skin!! Maybe it'll pass for you soon!!
  • Thanks for all the responses! I'm feeling decent today. Constant nausea but nothing like last night.  
  • @madcouplewithabox when I was getting sick with MS it usually came out the other side too.my Doctor said it was a stomach bug but when it kept happening I was like no way I keep eating something bad.
  • 8w6d today. i think i've started having some gas pains (cause also, sorry tmi, i've had to take some fiber gummies to help things along, boooo). it doesn't really hurt but i get uncomfortable with a few twinges if i change positions after begin in the same position for a while. also, when i sneeze, i get quick painful jolts on either side of my abdomen, like at the joints to my legs. it's weird. 
    nausea still seems to be ever-so-sloooooowly improving. food aversions are starting to isolate to certain kinds of food rather than EVERYTHING. fatigue is still pretty big - i told DH that i would start going through some of the stuff in the guest room (babies' room!) today while he's at work and i still have yet to get off the couch... :neutral:
  • 8w2d and I have the worst after taste! I've been nauseous throughout up until this point, but the after taste is putting me over the edge. I brush/floss/mouthwash 3x a day (which the after taste of that is the worst) and it doesn't help. Tonight I ate a bit of ice cream and got it  :( I hope this ends soon! 
  • @cbrennan04 I'm still using benzoyl peroxide - my OB said it was fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm slowwwwwly getting my energy back. I feel like me again. Still can't cook, take care of the dogs, do laundry and dishes all in the same night anymore but I'm getting there. I did 3 out of the 4. I definitely need to start working out for my breathing. I'm out of breath anything I do. Five days and we have our first appointment! DH is getting excited now. :) I pray all you ladies including myself start feeling better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The shortness of breath has started! I feel out of breath just sitting at my desk and talking to clients if I'm talking for a few minutes straight (I'm a mental health counselor). I feel so embarrassed because it probably looks like I'm anxious talking to them and I'm really not haha. I hope no one is judging me for it!
  • this is me, too @girlwonder1115 - 12 weeks today... haven't felt that sick in a little over a week... still a little tender in the chest but that's about it - but I get winded so easily - prepregnancy I was running ALL. THE. TIME. but because I was doing fertility treatments starting in March I kind of laid off the running... wondering how long it will take me to get back to a slow steady 5k now...
  • @sbishop426 I am with you on the shortness of breath! It's frustrating. Hoping to get some reprieve soon!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• My IBS has decided that it no longer appreciates my food choices. Carbs tend to go down the best right now and I'm usually on a gluten free diet as that's what seems to cause the most flare ups, along with excessive dairy. So back we go to gluten free. My biggest problem is that the texture of gluten free bread is making me gag at the moment. I think I'll be making a loaf of GF banana bread this week to have as second breakfast. Hopefully this fixes my midnight poo-mergencies and it's not just one of the other lovely symptoms of pregnancy.  :p
  • @Cricket99 I suffer from the occassional IBS attack also. Couple days last week I wasn't sure if it was MS or IBS kicking my butt or a combo of both. Trying to eat healthy and stay away from trigger foods is tough right now for me, but getting better. Hope you feel better soon.
  • @Cricket99 @ottergirl81 The IBS struggle is real here too. Sometimes I get cramps and start freaking out but then I have to remind myself they're IBS cramps and not uterine cramps.  I'm also struggling to swallow all my supplements without gagging and dry heaving,  but I know if I don't take them I'll be in a lot of pain the next day
  • I cant take my nose any longer! I have the nose of a hound dog now and everything makes me want to vomit. I had to get rid of my bath n body works hand soaps, change my shampoo, conditioner, deodorant. Coffee is terrible. Bengay. Im sitting at work and I can smell the fabric softener in my clothing as if my nose was inside the bottle! Its so bad!!!! I cant take any more smells! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs right there with you. I haven't changed any of my products yet, but I'm close. Coffee especially is a huge gag inducer right now which is just tragic.
  • @schaze the man still takes the bath n body works soaps from under the sink an uses them like I wont smell it. He will be 20 ft away from me and I start yelling at him lol.

I do still like iced coffee though.... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs @schaze YES. I was standing near the dishwasher the other night getting a glass from the cupboard, and the warm, steamy, soapy smell as the dishes were drying brought me the closest that I've been this pregnancy to puking! And marinated chicken cooking on the Foreman grill the other night.... barf. The sensitivity to smells and the gagging are getting really old.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so happy that my office is designated "scent-free." Of course, this does not include food smells, obviously. I often have to go outside for fresh air.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @livingoffpbjs, I'm so there with the smells. It started when I was pregnant with DD1 and never fully went away. Poor DH loves smelly shit and I'm now a big nope. It gets worse with pregnancy, which sucks because it's already bad. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BelhurstBride @livingoffpbjs my husband likes microwave eggs (ugh, the odor!) . I (jokingly?) told him I'd divorce him!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @BelhurstBride What do you mean it never fully went away?!?!?! I cant live like this forever!!! Yeahhh my DH is a girl when it comes to smelly stuff hahaha

@KatieEl Ive told DH Id divorce him for less..... if he eats the last popsicle Im filing...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8wks+3, metallic taste in my mouth, tired all the time, I have to literally drag myself everywhere.. more crampy than usual in the past couple of days, smells; I smell everything! Thirsty and Peeing continuously. The joys! Loving it though, this is such a mind blowing gift, I would take anything it throws my way as long as baby and I are healthy.
  • @livingoffpbjs, I still have a super sensitive sense of smell. When I'm not pregnant the smells don't make me nauseous, but I'm more likely to notice them than I ever remember being before children. When I am pregnant some of them are more likely to illicit a negative response. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KatieEl, oh god no. Ill. Stop. It takes like 3 minutes to cook them on the stove! 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs I can handle iced coffee too thankfully. I just don't get it that often! 
  • @livingoffpbjs @BelhurstBride Same. I'm really picky about scents and prefer to either have stuff unscented or just let me choose the scent. Even when I'm not pregnant, I can't do perfume, highly scented lotion or soaps. Even fabric softener is starting to get to me. DH would like to wear cologne, but he doesn't knowing I can't handle it.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker