Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Monday Morning GTKY

There's always so much division between threads. Here's one for everyone. :smile:

Feel free to answer all or one or none. Just a few fun questions I came across.

What's the best and worse purchase you've made?

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week?

After you've survived the apocalypse, what would your job be?

What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren't going to produce it anymore?

What's worse: laundry or dishes?

What's the strangest gift you've ever received?

NBR: What is one thing you've done in your life that you're most proud of?

If you could go back to any point in your life and change something, would you do it? What would you change?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Monday Morning GTKY

• Options
    What's the best and worse purchase you've made? Best: I don't know, our giant wine glasses? Worst: this stupid bed frame from Joybird. Fuck you Joybird. 

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week? I read a BuzzFeed article about the performance of pregnancy in the public - it was primarily about feminist lit revolving around Kim Kardashian, but it also talked about how in the 1950s you couldn't say the word pregnant on tv which I had no idea! If anyone's interested I'll try to find the link. 

After you've survived the apocalypse, what would your job be? Cook probably. I'm guessing I can't be a makeup artist, publicist or graphic designer, right? I honestly don't think I'd survive an apocalypse. 

What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren't going to produce it anymore? There are so many! My drunk elephant skincare line comes to mind first but like, if the world stopped producing wine or garlic I might die. 

What's worse: laundry or dishes? Depends. Right now I have to go down 17 floors to do laundry. But we also don't have a garbage disposal so dishes are infinitely more annoying. That's really a toss up. I don't know. 

What's the strangest gift you've ever received? My dads cousin whom I've never met sent me a gift in the mail when I was 16 with no context. It was, if you can imagine this, a rough 3 inch cube block of wood with sort of these small brass antler ish things screwed in, and inside the antlers (maybe there were more of a nest?) was a small orange/pink stone orb. It was ugly AF and very weird. My mom told me she'd been in and out of rehab and psych situations so who knows! 

NBR: What is one thing you've done in your life that you're most proud of? Quitting my job in January maybe? Though I also have some "what must people think of me" shame related to that. I guess I'm also fairly proud that I moved 3000 miles away for college in NYC, though again in retrospect I should have stayed in CA because CA is better. 

If you could go back to any point in your life and change something, would you do it? What would you change? I would either not go to NYU because going into so much debt was actually extremely dumb (even though college there was actually the happiest I've ever been on a consistent basis) or I would have had sex with my high school boyfriend at 16 instead of losing my virginity to one of my best guy friends out of mutual curiosity instead of all out lust. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Oh - that article sounds interesting.... no worries if you can't find it, but if you can, please share :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning!
    My best purchase would probably be my bed! Don't underestimate a good mattress.
    I'm not sure about a worse purchase.

Baker, assuming most of jobs would be service based. 

What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren't going to produce it anymore?
    Either the specific brand of toilet paper I like, or the mascara I use. But I doubt that pink and green tube will ever disappear! 

Dishes! Thankfully my SO usually does the dishes and I cook. He and I equally do laundry.

Recently, having the nerve to quit my last job. I was very close to the people I worked with and my clients, but it was a terribly run company. I'm much happier were I'm at now. But I was very proud of myself for finishing college too! I know that seems so small to some people, but I hated the coursework of college; and no, fun doesn't make up for it. I also lived 1,000 miles away from any family or childhood friends. I felt like I had to start over temporarily.

If you could go back to any point in your life and change something, would you do it? What would you change?
    I don't think I would change anything. Our life experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. I think I've learned a lot from my past, and I'm very grateful for that.
    Me: 26 | SO: 30
    TTC Since May 2017
    Cat, Yorkie, & Husky/Boxer mix
  • Options
    What's the best and worst purchase you've made?
    Best purchase recently was my sofa/loveseat set. We've had this awful, worn out sofa that was DH's in his bachelor pad. It has totally transformed our living room, mostly because it's given me an excuse to rearrange/redecorate.
    Worst purchase ever...nipple piercings. Those SOBs hurt like a mofo, and they never healed. That was a long time ago, though, when I still had like 10 other piercings.

Eh...nothing really interesting comes to mind.

Scribe or something like that.

Neutrogena clarifying shampoo.

Laundry!

Maybe not strangest, but creepiest: random guy who never spoke to me when I was working in a book shop part-time would send me a dozen roses randomly. He'd send other people in to give them to me, would never talk to me himself, but walk stalk around the store. Ended up quitting that job because management thought he was harmless. I was seriously creeped out.

Despite all the obstacles I've faced having a severe mental illness, going through four hospitalizations and years of shock treatments, I haven't given up on my dreams of working in one of the "Big 5" publishing houses as a stylistic editor. I'm finishing my degree (online), have a 3.9 GPA, and was invited to join the international honor society of English majors, Sigma Tau Delta. It's a huge honor that will open a lot of doors for me.

I'd go back to the age of 16 and I'd be a bigger advocate for my own mental healthcare a lot sooner in life. Probably could have avoided a lot of the hardships I've faced because of my illness, but I try to look at them as having a hand in making me the strong person I am today.
  • Options
    The best purchase I've made, that's a toss up between our temperpedic bed with an adjustable base and my new car, worst purchase good gravy that wold be a lot of things..haha

It's still early, but I haven't read or seen anything interesting yet...

Oo, this is a good question, I would maybe say a doctor or a nurse,  maybe the apocalypse would 

I would stockpile so many things, but if I went with just one I would totally stockpile perfectly posh big fat yummy hand creme in lil snarky!! I love this scent!

Dishes, I strongly dislike doing the dishes!!

The strangest gift I have gotten was during my bridal shower, my now grandmother-in-law bought me a nightie and body wash...it was so strange!!

I am most proud of being able to complete my college career and work at the same time while doing it. Then after graduation being able to pay off my student loans within the next few year. The amount of weight that comes off your shoulders after you put in for that last payment is amazing!!

I don't think I would go back in time, as I would worry it would change the present. 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Thanks for posting that article - I was able to read it while having my morning coffee. It was a really good read - you should post it in one of the other, busier threads :)
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama I'm glad you liked it! Why don't more people want to play here? Lol 
  • Options

Instant ramen. It's just so EASY and tasty. Plus it already lasts forever, so no issues with a stockpile!

Dishes! Laundry pretty much does itself, and I kinda like looking at everything when it's all clean and putting it away.

Well, not me, but my grandma (dad's mom) once gave my (Jewish) mother a light up plastic statue of Santa.

Traveling! Especially studying abroad in England.

• Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @JennyColada - Yes, Ramen! I haven't had that in years! That sounds so good right now!

Best = our adjustable bed. It helps with my apnea, and our backs, and sex. :wink:
    Worst = can I say my house? I may be biased at the moment because our sink drain has been leaking, apparently, but... such an old house... So beautiful, but also so old.

Nurse, please!

Wine. All the wine.

Going per diem at my now-secondary-job. Since cutting my hours there, I've stopped having heart burn every day, my blood pressure has gone back down, I haven't had headaches or migraines on almost a daily basis, and I've been overall in a much better mood.

I used to say I'd go back to middle/high school and just make smarter choices, but, someone pointed out the butterfly effect and that kind of killed that for me. I like where I am - I'd rather not change things so drastically.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    What's the best and worse purchase you've made? We bought an espresso maker, game changer for me. I never go to starbucks anymore! I feel like my lattes are so much tastier! And cheaper!

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week? Just finished "13 Reasons Why" and then listened to a bunch of commentary on it. So interesting to hear how different people can see the same show so differently. 

After you've survived the apocalypse, what would your job be? In the medical field now, so I'd probably keep doing that.

What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren't going to produce it anymore? What @izza2 said, wine, all the wine. And Reese's peanut butter cups. 

What's worse: laundry or dishes? Honestly I don't mind either, but if I had to pick, probably dishes. 

NBR: What is one thing you've done in your life that you're most proud of? Finishing my doctorate, it was fvucking hard emotionally and physically.

If you could go back to any point in your life and change something, would you do it? What would you change? I would not have moved away from my husband right after we first met. We were just dating and had only been together about 6 months when I had to chose where to go for my post-graduate training. I chose to move and it was so hard being apart. We survived it but I wouldn't make the same choices if I had to do it over again. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    What's the best and worse purchase you've made? I'd say the best was this small AC unit we just bought for the bedroom. We have been dying here for the last 3 summers here and sleep is SO much better now. Worst was a sweater I never wear maybe? IDK I don't shop a whole lot. 

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week? Since my naturopath said I may have PCOS I've been reading about it and there's an article from a few years ago in the Atlantic that sounds like it was written just for me and it would explain all these different problems that I'm having, but yeah, sort of obsessing at this point since I don't have the results yet and don't really know what the deal is or whether I have it. 

After you've survived the apocalypse, what would your job be? Probably inventory and/or cook 

What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren't going to produce it anymore? olive oil

What's worse: laundry or dishes? definitely dishes

What's the strangest gift you've ever received? My cousin once borrowed my apartment when I was out of town and gave me an ant farm as a thank you gift. I was a 20 year old college student, so not sure WTF he was thinking and since I barely know him I never really asked but my dad and I still joke about it 14 years later. 

NBR: What is one thing you've done in your life that you're most proud of? I want to say law school or passing the bar, but I don't actually think either of things are as hard as people say they are. So I'm going to go with getting to a good place mentally after a lot of internal struggles, which I think was actually a lot more difficult. 

If you could go back to any point in your life and change something, would you do it? What would you change? I'm with @izza2 on this one. I made some really bad choices once upon a time, but they were part of a series of events that led me to a place I love, surrounded by the people I know I need to be around and who are good for me and vice versa. So although I certainly have regrets, I wouldn't change anything. 
  • Options
    Had to think about these for a few days...

Best: My chef's knife. I bought it for myself as a college graduation gift and have used it every day ever since. Best purchase ever.

Chandler! We make candles already, and we'll def need them in the post-apocalyptic future.

Fernet Branca! (Italian liqueur/digestif)

Dishes. Even though we don't have a dryer and I hang all the laundry, the dishes are worse because everytime you turn around there are more. If we had a dishwasher it would be a different story though.

What's the strangest gift you've ever received? Hmmm, a friend of mine gave me a great big prism/crystal for no apparent reason one time...

Probably buying our house. 

If I were doing my whole life over, I think I'd go to a different college/choose a different major, but like others here, I wouldn't want to jeapordize the life I have, so really, I wouldn't change anything.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20