3rd Trimester

Baby weight and pregnancy weight gain

Im 30 weeks pregnant and measuring small. Just had an ultrasound today and the baby is at the 12th percentile weighing around 2.15 lbs. I've gained about 12 lbs thus far. The doctor says not to worry because everything else is looking good and I just have a small baby. I'm supposed to go for growth scans every 3 weeks now. Even though the doctor said not to worry...im worried!! Anyone else in the same boat or have a small baby and baby was born perfectly healthy? 

Re: Baby weight and pregnancy weight gain

• Why wouldn't you trust your doctor who has probably seen hundreds if not thousands of pregnancies? 

Yes, a close friend of mine's baby measured small most of the pregnancy and he was fine. 
  • With this last pregnancy I gained 8 pounds total and delivered a 9.5 pound baby. Every woman's body reacts to pregnancy differently. I would trust your doctor that there's nothing abnormal going on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Trust your doctor, they are monitoring you with the growth scans...if anything comes up that is concerning they will let you know.  
  • Someone has to be 12%. It's statistically impossible for everyone to be in the 90%.
  • Adoc86Adoc86 member
    My baby was measuring at the 25% percentile at one of my scans. Not terrible, but to me it seemed small. Doctor wasn't concerned, but he told me that if I was worried about it to increase my protein intake. I cant remember where I saw it, but something I read said pregnant women should consume like 100g of protein a day. That is a freaking TON, but I did it for 3 weeks and at my next scan baby was in the 60th percentile. Might be worth a try if you are concerned. But to echo everyone else, I'm sure your doctor would tell you if it there was a serious problem.  

Me: 30 DH:30
    No kids yet
    DH: Diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 12/15 resulting in right orchiectomy &one round of BEP chemo. Banked sperm prior to treatment. Not enough in storage to risk on IUI so encouraged to go right to IVF w/ICSI.
    Together since 2001. Married 10/2013
    10/24/16 - Began stims (menopur & gonal f) for 1st round of IVF on high responder antagonist protocol.
    11/5/16 - Lupron trigger.
    11/7/16 - 13 eggs retrieved; 8 mature; 5 fertilized
    11/12/16 - 5 day ET of 1 hatching embryo
    Beta scheduled for 11/28!

11/21 BFP!

Due July 31