Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday

JNCPro3130JNCPro3130 member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Good morning! I'm up really early so I figured I'd start this.

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: TWW Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL 

CD/DPO: 19/6

Timing: all the days

Testing: July 1

R/R: I don't know, I need to do laundry today and I have a lot of schoolwork. I've just been feeling v lazy. 

CS/Q:

I started out in PR because 1) I love to write, plan and have some semblance of creativity, and 2) I mistakenly thought it paid more as a career than anything else I wanted to do. I was actually really loving it (despite some terrible agencies before) until December 2015 when my HR manager at the time accidentally emailed out all the salary information for current and past employees which showed I was paid less than the men a level below me, and those same men were paid roughly 40% more than the women at their same level. I went through a yearlong process of trying to deal with this internally which ended up being incredibly demoralizing, but in the process I realized that I didn't want to do PR anymore. What I loved most about my job was really more art direction. So that's why I'm back at school - I've basically been an art director for four years without really realizing it nor having any real foundation in art. 
  • petethecatpetethecat member
    edited June 2017
    @JNCPro3130 Hopefully your training goes quickly and isn't too much of a snore fest today!

@LoveInDC I'm so happy that yoga and a good therapy sesh has you feeling so great.  :)

@Augusta108 That sounds like a fun trip! I hope that you and YH enjoy it! I'm with you on the temp spike BSC SS. :#:D The struggle is real! I feel you girl!

@kiwi2628 Dang! Get on that productivity train this morning! Nice job doing all the things already!

@holly321 How exciting about the house! Any details that you want to share? What do you like about it?

Month/Cycle: 4/3 2AL

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -2, O

Testing: I've been saying not before 14dpo, but I may if I get to 12dpo because the BSC is real right now. 

R/R: I got a temp spike this morning! Last cycle it was a temp plummet at 9dpo, so I'm feeling extra BSC right now. I know there's a chance that my temp isn't even accurate though because I was up every hour to hour and a half last night. I'm trying to get real with myself, BUT I'm also like

CS/Q: No

GTKY: *TW*
    I am a SAHM. DH and I always said that, if we had kids, that we wanted one of us to stay home. So, when we had DD, I dropped my working hours down to a couple days a month and then just quit all together this past November.
  • @JNCPro3130 Ugh, I hate work training. I hope it goes by fast for you!

@Augusta108 A library conference? How cool! And in Chicago no less. Have a blast!

@kiwi2628 Way to get stuff done!

@holly321 Thanks! I hope the house tomorrow is everything you hope it is :)

@doxiemoxie212 I hope going back to school is the ticket to finding your dream job!

@hedgepig I’m a technical writer. It’s a very broad field, but basically it is what it says. I write about technology :) That’s so cool that you’re going to be a vendor at a farmer’s market. Have fun baking!

@kbamomma33 Thanks! GL fighting the BSC (I know it’s hard), but I have my FX for you!

• Good morning!!!

Month/Cycle: 8/6, 1AL

CD/DPO: 22/5

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing: not til this month is over 

R/R: it's my anniversary! MH brought me a pie and a fork in bed this morning, cause he gets me. No rants.

CS/Q: Nope. 

GTKY: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now? I got into politics for very personal reasons and I got into comms because I love rhetoric. Now I wish I could get out because it has become such a toxic environment. 

---------------

@JNCPro3130 Thanks for being a teacher! Such an important job-- some of my elementary teachers were lifeblood during my tough childhood.
    @LoveInDC Do you write for non-work, too? Like as a creative outlet or anything? My mom's a writer and I always wanted to be one when I was a kid. 
    @Augusta108 I literally LOL'd at your SS! We've all been there, girl. Enjoy Chicago!
    @kiwi2628 Vet is one of those dream jobs you have when you're a kid and then get scared off by the schooling. Like astronaut or archaeologist. Kudos for making it to your dream job. I promise not to ask you weird questions about my dog cause I bet you get that a lot.
    @holly321 GL house hunting! Hope it's not too stressful.
    @doxiemoxie212 Former PR peon here, too. Sounds like you went through some serious BS but I'm glad you were able to find something you want to do!
    @hedgepig you're a farmers market vendor too? I really wanna taste all your food now.
    @kbamomma33 FX that this is your cycle!

• hedgepighedgepig member
    edited June 2017
    @doxiemoxie212 Whoah, what a wake up call about pay disparity... that makes my blood boil. Glad that at least you found a new path because of it. Also, I hadn't realized before that we're DPO buddies! :grin:

@kbamomma33 Yay for a temp spike! FX this is your cycle, and GL with the SS :)

@looeeze Yep, I just do it during the summer so that I can have a little extra income during the dry months.
    Yikes, what a time to be working in politics. YH sounds so sweet, Happy Anniversary!

Edit: add a comment
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• mispandamispanda member
    edited June 2017
    @LoveInDC great job with the yoga!  
    @Augusta108 I stopped temping after I get cross-hairs so that I don't analyze the shit out of my chart.  It has done my sanity good but also I take progesterone after O so I thought I would stop because of that too.
    @doxiemoxie212 you just reminded me of my laundry piles that I should work on.  Oh and the La Croix flavor wasn't that bad.  I think I can handle that one, thanks for the suggestion!

Month/Cycle:  15/14  (4/4, 3/3 AL) 

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: It was ok

Testing: Tomorrow (dentist appointment)

R/R:  Well I had some spotting this morning so I'm sure I'll get a BFN tomorrow morning. Sigh.  I guess I need to call the RE and see if it's still normal to spot (10/11 dpo while taking progesterone).

CS/Q: No.

GTKY: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?  Right now I stay home with my daughter.  Paycheck vs. daycare cost it was an easy choice.

Edit: apparently I can't keep count of my cycles.
  • LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited June 2017
    @looeeze Happy anniversary! Breakfast pie sounds like the perfect start to any day. AFM, my minor in college was poetry and I've had a few poems published, but I haven't done much creative writing in a while. I'm the kind of person who is most inspired when I'm surrounded by other creative people. Once I graduated and lost my core writing group, it was harder. Hopefully I'm struck by inspiration again soon!
  • @Augusta108 I literally laughed out loud at your SS I look up crazy stuff like that too  :D
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: -3, -2, -1, +1

Testing: I POAS last night because I have no self control... BFN of course. I'm determined to hold out until at least Friday.

R/R: I had terrible cramps all day yesterday... hoping they stay away.
    My college bestie is visiting today and I'm super excited about that!

CS/Q:

GTKY: Why did you decide to do the work you are doing that!
    *TW*
    I am now a stay at home/work at home mom. It was always my dream and I am so thankful my husband and I were able to make it work. My work that I do is teaching ESL to Chinese kiddos and I LOVE it!!! 
  • @looeeze happy anniversary! Yes, toxic environment is definitely the right phrase. My 19-year-old brother-in-law is at USC, and he keeps telling me he wants to do PR, and I'm like DO NOT DO IT! The first year of my career was spent being screamed at until I cried every day, having things thrown at me, etc. I know now that was an extreme situation, but I also have plenty of friends who had similar things happen at other agencies. It blows. 

@hedgepig yay twins! Lol how long is your typical LP? Are we testing twins too? Mine is usually 15-16 days. 

@mispanda yay glad it's tolerable! Lol

• kiki75kiki75 member
    @doxiemoxie212 Wow. That's a colossal muck up. I almost wonder how that was an accident. Maybe the HR person thought it was bogus, too. I'm surprised there weren't riots. 

@looeeze Now that's a decent breakfast in bed!

@mispanda Sorry about the spotting. Maybe they'll up your progesterone?

Month/Cycle: 16/16 TTCAL

CD/DPO: 17/4

Timing: -5,-3, IUI on O, +1

Testing: Next Wednesday 

R/R: Rave - Summer Solstice! Rant - Summer Solstice :( I love my long days. I hate to know that now we're losing daylight. Also, I'm anxious for how this cycle is going to pan out. If it doesn't work and insurance insists on a third IUI before they'll do IVF, that falls smack dab in the middle of a work trip. 

GTKY: I've long said that working for a good company was more important than the specific work to me. When I was looking for work after college, this place had posted an ad at my school for an intern. It looked like the work itself was right up my alley (creating newsletters, marketing, etc.) and I thought I would give it a try. They hired me, told me a bunch of times that I should do something else if I was banking on this turning into a job, then a couple months in told me they were trying to get me hired on permanently, then gave me a full job offer a few months later. It's a great family-owned company. We get lots of flexibility (no one has given me crap about all of my appointments), they treat us well, they're great about schedules for parents, we have great insurance and benefits... it's really nice.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 no, it's a long story, but basically the workplace development committee asked for some staff information for new hires repeatedly, and she finally sent it, but she accidentally sent EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. She's extraordinarily incompetent, and she refused to acknowledge it was problematic. On Valentine's Day she approved "The Men of [Company]" to send an email to all The Women of [Company] saying they got us each a single yellow rose to celebrate our camaraderie and acknowledge all the hard work we put in. You know, because Valentine's Day is a real holiday only for women. And you know, we definitely want to be celebrated at work on a romantic holiday. (There were like 7 dudes vs 70 chicks in the company, and most of the dudes were senior leadership, so.... hooray!) 

I agree that company/colleagues matter so much more than the actual work most of the time! 
  • @kiwi2628 Amazing that you are a vet. Always said I will retire to animal rescue one day. So rewarding. 
    @holly321 You will know you have found the right house, the minute you walk into it!
    @looeeze That man is a keeper! Happy anniversary!
    ----------------------------------

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/9

Timing: meh

Testing: considering this is the first month.......nope!

R/R: Rant: My mother clearly has not gotten the memo on the stress factors involved with ttc. She is not aware that we have started trying, but mentions her need for grand-kids and the numbers of factors against my chances of getting it right, every conversation we have now. Rave: Its half way through the week and everything is good! :)

CS/Q:

I work in kids animation production. Business and legal, but the people I work with and the company I work with are amazing. Its not "always" where I wanted to be, but I get to be involved in a creative process that brightens kids days. What is there not to love?!
  • looeezelooeeze member
    edited June 2017
    @doxiemoxie212 seems like PR agencies are shitty to work for all around. I did nonprofit earned media for a while and that was much better. 
  • @kiki75 If this cycle doesn't work then I'll call the RE on CD1 because it will be a medicated one and I have to set up an ultrasound.  I'll ask then about the progesterone.
    Also, FX this is your cycle!

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: -6, -5, 3, -1, O

Testing: Hopefully Saturday, if I can hold out that long.

R/R: After a meeting today I got a well deserved pat on the back and was told I am doing an excellent job! =)  Makes some of the stressful days worth it.

CS/Q:

Growing up, I loved math, science, and physics.  My uncle is an engineer and I loved going to his work to see what he could do.  College was tough, but I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Maybe I would have skipped less classes and worked a little harder.

@scoogy19 I also have no self control... unofficial testing has happened a few times.  My big thing is that I want to surprise my DH, but he knows my cycle so it is harder to do that.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @looeeze Happy Anniversary!! I mean, a whole pie and a fork in bed AND the man is reading TCOYF? 

@purplg8r I have read that it is possible, and that some women do, ovulate more than once per cycle. I'm wondering though, since you said that you started noticing the pain after your ectopic, do you think that it would be worth it to mention it to your OB? Or see if your SIL has some insight maybe? 

• kiki75kiki75 member
    @doxiemoxie212 This was pretty much my face reading that and for five minutes afterwards. 
    disgusted family matters horrified eww not safe for work GIF
    WTAF? Thanks for your patronizing shit. I don't want a stupid ass yellow rose (beyond the rest, they'e not pretty and there's zero point in one dumbass rose). I want cash money. Stuff that rose, thorns and all, and pay equally.

@mispanda Thank you. I hope this cycle works but if not, I hope adding progesterone helps. Basically the way my RE put it was that it's so hard to really accurately measure progesterone because it tends to bounce around even within the same day. But, supplementing can help and aside from the annoying progesterone side effects, it's so little risk, why not?

@purplg8r I don't have answers for you but I would advise you to keep a log of everything if you don't already. Just note it in your planner or keep a Word doc. Sure, there's a place for comments in FF but I think it's a PITA to scroll through days to find my comments. If I needed to look back on it or give it to a doctor, it's much easier if it's just in a doc file. Not that I'm saying you should be worried. I just think that it's good to have it all written down so you can see patterns so you can either be comforted by knowing your normal or to know when there's something that's abnormal. I hate all of the politics in teaching, too. It's pretty much the reason I decided against it. Frankly, they lose a lot of great people due to that. I knew a number of people in college had the same thoughts and final decision. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kbamomma33 I did mention it to them and they both kind of dismissed it and focused on other things. I think if I dont get KU this cycle I'll make an email just about that. 

@kiki75 that's a good idea to keep other notes so I don't have to keep going back through FF. It's the third period of time this cycle (the first happened when my opks were getting darker but then went away so I thought it was O pain and my body faked out).  But no idea this time. 
  • @purplg8r This week I'm doing 20 loaves of bread (jalapeño-cheese, pesto-cheese, plain and challah), lemon bars, rhubarb bars and gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

@doxiemoxie212 I'm not sure, since this is the first month I've been temping and can be confident in my chart, but as far as I could tell before it was 13, so not testing buddies :(
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @LoveInDC I'm a big yogi myself and feel completely off when not practicing! 

@Augusta108 very cool! My step sister is getting a PhD in library sciences and is loving it! ... do you have any reading suggestions? I'm always looking for recommendations (anything other than sci-fi!)

@kiwi2628 I'm a huge animal lover! I think the hardest part about your work is seeing abandoned/neglected animals or having to put animals down... that would make me so sad! 

• @hedgepig if you need someone to check for quality control, I volunteer!
  • @Augusta108I'll take the sci-fi recommendations that @hollieileen doesn't want!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @purplg8r we don't have any plans!! Going to the pool tomorrow but otherwise just relaxing!!

@KSMcClary no self control buddies lol!! 

@hollieileen I was a social worker prior to staying home as well! I worked in child welfare. Kudos to you for going for your PhD! 
  • @scoogy19 awesome! It's not easy! (Both sw and sahm!) I work part time now, and stay home with DS part time.... I also avoid working with kids now, it's just too personal... I can't stand kiddos getting hurt or dying. Can't leave that at work anymore... 
  • @hollieileen Oh wow I feel you on the kiddos getting hurt or dying. I work in the ER and had thought about transferring to a pediatric ER (love kids) but *TW* shadowed during a NAT resuscitation and lost my mind *end-TW* I have so much respect for people who can do that full time. That's awesome that you want to go back and teach!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• hollieileen I think that is just amazing! My DH's sister is special needs as well and I have so much respect for people who dedicate their lives to those in need. It is not easy, but very rewarding too. I am sure that you have more than exceeded your own expectations of being a great social worker. 
  • Okay, book recommendations!

@hollieileen, a few books I've loved recently:

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn (dual timeline story about female spies in WWI and WWII. Great villain!!!)

He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly (suspense novel about a couple who interrupt an apparent crime just after a solar eclipse and how the aftermath affects their lives)

Amory and Milo Ames mysteries by Ashley Weaver (these are light mystery reads about a wealthy couple investigating murders in 1930s England. The first one is Murder at the Brightwell.)

IQ by Joe Ide (another mystery, but this one features a black Holmesian protagonist solving crimes in a really rough part of LA. I just got an advanced e-galley of the sequel to this and I can't wait to read it!) 

@hedgepig, I admittedly don't read as much SF, but I do really love Nnedi Okorafor's books. I have also heard really good things about All Systems Red by Martha Wells and am planning to read that pretty soon!
  • hedgepighedgepig member
    edited June 2017
    @Augusta108 Wow, all of these sound great, thank you!
    Edit: Just put like 6 books into my Amazon cart, although I'm hoping I'll be able to find some of them as audio books through my library!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016