July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 6/20

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you? 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY:  Are you ready? :smile:
ME: 34 | DH: 36
Married: 6/2016
TTC:6/2016
BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

Re: FTM Check-In 6/20

• Options

How far along are you? 
    35+2 
    Just sleepy, don't want to do anything, lack of motivation. 
    I had one at 34 weeks and they said I was measuring two cms smaller than last time. I've been measuring exactly whichever week it's been so I'd gotten a little worried. I even woke up that day thinking how did my tummy get smaller? The upside is that they've scheduled a growth scan and il get to see the position and the baby next week yayyy:) 
    Rants/raves? 
    I had so many plans to cook for my parents but I just don't feel like it... this is the first time in five years of my marriage they will be visiting me !:( I hope I get that sudden burst of energy everyone's talking about. They come 11th July:)
    not right now:) 

GTKY:  Are you ready? smile
    i
    was very excited and ready two weeks ago, now I'm just kinda bored? I don't know how to explain it, I feel kind of lost! Hopefully I come back to my senses soon enough. Also I am due much later than everyone else here so maybe that's what it is! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    34+3

Getting more and more uncomfortable, and feeling the effects of the mid-Atlantic heat and humidity. At this point I'm worried that I'll go into preterm labor without even realizing it because I'll just be like "oh I guess this is how I'm uncomfortable today"

Nope - one on Thursday 

Rants/raves? 
    My neighbor's mom asked when I was due. I said a month (which is definitely rounding down), and she responded "really? That long?"  Yes I know I'm huge. Thanks for the reminder. 

Yes. I'm miserable, exhausted, and uncomfortable and don't know how I'm going to get through ~6 more weeks (or more if she's late!). Just give me my baby already.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?   34+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?   Some contractions, a lot of tightness in my belly overall; tired, sore, emotional, uncomfortable, hungry, thirsty.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?    First weekly tonight.  Only seeing the RN because my OB is on vacation.  Hope to do GBS and exam (maybe) next week. 

Rants/raves?    
    Rave: people that say you look great and and kind and considerate.
    Rant: people who are asshats and tell you you're huge and you wont make it to your due date. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?   If you went in to labor naturally, did you really know the difference between BH/contractions and labor?  I feel like I'll be one of the women giving birth in my bathtub because I couldn't tell the difference...

GTKY:  Are you ready?   
    Now that we have the nursery set up, clothes washed and car seat ready, yes...and no.  I don't know why I'm suddenly freaking out when I've wanted this for so long.  I think the unknown of actually bringing home a whole new life is what is terrifying me.  Labor, delivery, hospital...psst...leaving the hospital and being the one to care for this new life...deer.in.headlights.

• Options
    @greenbean-2 I'll be hanging out with you until almost (or likely) August, too...YAY July 29 EDD.

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle I have to say, it's really awesome to have someone here with the same due date as me who seems to be going through the exact same things as me regarding feeling huge / being uncomfortable / worrying about having a baby in a bathtub or car because I don't realize I'm in labor. I'm sorry you're feeling these things too... but misery loves company  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @greenbean-2  Dude!  DH and I have been preparing for a 38-weeker (fingers crossed). As much as I'd love this little nugget to cook for as long as it wants, the thought of going until mid-August is pure torture!

• Options

How far along are you? 
    34+5

I mentioned it during my check in, random shooting pains in my cervix (I think), I'm asking today at my appt. Also, TMI, have been having some light brown discharge a super light pink spotting. 

Another appointment with my derm. Had to push to get some cream for my acne. He's been so stuck on treating my cysts, he's been completely ignoring the acne that's also covering my entire face. I had to argue with him that I understand it won't help the cysts but there are other problems as well. I wish I knew he was ignoring earlier, maybe I'd have some relief by now. 

Rants/raves? 
    This is my first year teaching high school and holy cow have I been missing out. The past 3 years I had to teach until June 28th, this year my last instructional day was June 12th. I still have to come in but no teaching. 

What did you get your host as a thank you for your baby shower?

Oh god no. I'm having my shower Saturday, hopefully being able to set everything up will make me feel better prepared. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37+1 (seriously... it's only Tuesday?? I was prepared to put 37+3)

my pelvis is falling apart. And I'm so flipping tired. More sleepy tired than physically tired. 

Yep. I have weekly appointments now. Last week was GBS and cervical check. I'm GBS- and the cervical check was a bitch but it sounds like everyone else's didn't hurt like mine did. Maybe I was tense or the dr accidentally pushed too hard or something. I had bleeding after and then spotting for 2-3 days. I have another tomorrow so hopefully that won't be as bad. 

Rants/raves? 
    I don't really know. I feel whiny today. I just want to sleep for an entire day. 

yes and no! I'm so ready to meet baby, but I'm anxious about all the emotions I'll feel after. I'm more of a "leave me alone and let me do it" type of person and I hope people respect that. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37+6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Weird pain in my pelvis/groin that radiates down my legs and makes my legs all tingly. Not fun. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Regular OB appointment Thursday. Will probably have her do a cervical check since I have declined the last 2 weeks. 

Rants/raves? I am tired, sore, and uncomfortable 24/7. I am over being pregnant. That's all. 

Beyond. I want my outside baby. I also was super productive at work the last few days cleaning things up and getting ready for leave. So that makes me feel even more ready. 

@SquirttheTurtle I am with you - I am so used to BH that I feel like I won't know when I am in early labor. Although I am choosing to believe that it's a good thing because I won't be focusing on contractions until they are true 'active labor' contractions, at which point I assume they will be painful, and we will know. I guess we will see!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jkbrownstein I sent my MIL & SIL flowers.  My mom, sister and SIL I haven't done anything for them, yet.  I know that they'll all be very present the first few weeks after baby comes so I'm going to wait until after baby is here to do something cute. 

Most things I've read suggested flowers or something edible, like chocolate, or if you know they love a certain brand of soaps or the like, that's also acceptable.  Otherwise, just a very thoughtful and heartfelt thank you card is always a good idea!

• Options
    @rae1-3 I'm hoping my 'mom' instincts kick in and I'll just know....since that's what everyone has told me.  I think it's every FTM's fear that she'll be that one....

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    34+4 (time is going so slooooowwwww)

Super tired, super emotional, crying over the littlest things. Having some stretching-like pains at the top of my belly. Feeling very impatient.

My last appt we just talked about how I was feeling; nothing major. Next appt is on Monday for my GBS swab and then I start weekly visits.

Rants/raves? 
    Just tired and feeling like I have no motivation to do anything. This SoCal heat wave isn't helping.

Upside is I have a snow cone machine and I bought some different syrups, so I've been making multiple snow cones a day lol.

I am so ready; I just want to be comfortable again. Like I said, I'm becoming impatient and just want my baby now lol. My bag is packed, car seat base is installed, crib is ready. I know that once the day comes I'll probably feel like it came too fast haha.
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    37+6

Frequent cramping like pains. And I still feel like a manatee. 

I'm actually at my OB right now getting my NST and then my first cervical check. I'm a little nervous after reading some mama's experiences. Plus when I had my GSB swab last week my OB said "oh don't worry this is easy. We're not doing the cervical exam till next week." 

Rants/raves? 
    It's crazy to think that I'll most likely be having a baby at the end of next week. Yikes!! 

nope. 

I think so! Bassinet, car seat and bags are ready. I boiled pacifiers and bottles. Her clothes are washed and sorted in her dresser. Diapers and wipes are on the changing table. I just have to finish up some work projects (which are the last things I want to focus on right now).
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited June 2017
    I've boiled the bottles twice and they still have this strange white residue, what should I do ? Any tips @lanie1000
  • Options
    @BusyZee

Most of my bottles are glass so I didn't get any film but it did happen with a couple of plastic Avent bottles. I just boiled them a second time with a half a cup of little distilled vinegar in the water and that got rid of the film. I also hand dried them which helped. The glass ones I could just leave in the dish rack to dry on their own.

Hope that helps!! 
  • Options
    @BusyZee I don't know that you 'have' to boil to sterilize but my mommy friends swear by the sterilizer bags from Medela.  I'm using glass bottles but I got one of the bags to sterilize breast pump parts, nipples and pacis.

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited June 2017
    @lanie1000 they are all glass! Maybe my water is really bad? I'll try again right now, thanks..

@SquirttheTurtle I didn't want to buy a sterilizer but I'm having second thoughts now... 
  • Options
    @BusyZee I'd try @lanie1000 trick; if you have hard water, it might leave a film on the glass, in which case, a sterilizer or the bags might be a better option. 

• Options
    @BusyZee yeah, I agree with @SquirttheTurtle. You might have a hard water problem. The vinegar should help a bit but you may have to use store-bought distilled water if you want to completely get rid of the problem. 

(Honestly, the microwave and steralizer options sound like they would be easier!)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks & 1 day

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Swelling in the feet / ankles at night after working. Feeling contractions more.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had 1 ER L&D trip and I had a check up with my OB today. Both went well and my OB did the group A strep test and I will have the results at my next appointment.

Rants/raves? None

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None at this point

As ready as I can be lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited June 2017
    @SquirttheTurtleI'm with you on feeling way more worried about bringing home a major life change than about all the stuff leading up to it. 
    @BusyZee I have no advice but good luck with the bottle film! 

How far along are you? 36+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? not really... discharge is ramping up a little. Hopefully that's not tmi. I have a really bad day every few days where it feels like my abs are going to give out.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? nope! Next week I have GBS test, meeting with the supervising OB so he can sign off on a birth center birth, an ultrasound to check baby's position, and they'll offer a cervical check. Not sure if I'll do it or not based on the discomfort factor and I feel like I'll just start overanalyzing any info they give me! 

Rants/raves? 
    Rant: we just drove all of our belongings, except what we shipped overseas, to a storage unit near H's parents in MA. The drive took 21 hours straight through from SC. I swelled up like a balloon :s
    Rave: on our way back down tomorrow we are stopping to catch a Broadway matinee and I am SO EXCITED

Questions for FTM, or STM+? not at the moment! 

nope, nope and nope.... and also nope. Haven't washed any clothes. Haven't packed a bag. Haven't installed the car seat. Haven't finished my hypnobabies course. Shipped all the bottles and pump, so will have to buy new ones if I need them. Perhaps I'm in denial? 

edited for typos
  • Options
    @ginger1228 The cervix check was uncomfortable for me too! I didn't bleed, although she said I might, but it was NOT fun and I think worse than a pap for me

How far along are you? 38w2d (or I guess technically 38w3d since it's after midnight)

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nope, just more and more discomfort.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Normal appointment yesterday, another growth scan today.

Rants/raves? One last work day! I'm not looking forward to this presentation I have to give and then I have to try to rush all this paperwork so I don't have to go back in after that.  Plus then "graduation" on thursday! 

Mostly yes! Laundry has been done, pack n play with bassinet set up, crib and dresser set up, bottles washed and sterilized, bags (mostly) packed.  Also my body is at the point where it feels like it is falling apart so I'm beyond ready for her to come out so I can maybe finally be slightly less uncomfortable.  Plus I'm anxious to meet her! And seeing others having their babies is making me super jealous.  In spite of all that, though, there's still a part of me that is not sure if I'm REALLY ready for what's about to happen to us.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar - I'm sorry it was uncomfortable for you but glad to hear that I'm not just a big baby! Pap smears have never bothered me. I feel a tiny bit of pressure but I wouldn't remotely say it hurts. But the cervical check felt like I was being stabbed a little! I have my next one this afternoon. Hopefully it's better. I joke that maybe she didn't trim her nails last time. ;)