January 2018 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change: 6/20

If you're due 1/2, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23 or 1/30 this thread is for you!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What is one your biggest pet peeves?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change: 6/20

• Options
    12 weeks! Baby is the size of a plum.

2. How are you feeling?
    Feeling good. Occasional nausea if I don't keep something on my stomach.

Had an appointment yesterday for my NIPT (Harmony). Drew my blood and got to see the baby moving all around and cutting flips in there. Had a heart rate of 165! Now just waiting a week for the results...

None that I can think of.

I haaaate to hear people chew ice.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    11 Lime

2. How are you feeling?
    Good and bad at times. Nausea comes and goes.

Touring my potential hospital tomorrow but that's it 

Anyone deal with family being dissapointed by the sex of the baby? I haven't told anyone yet but they were all wanting boy. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. 

When people smack their food. Close your damn mouth when you eat. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox Ugh I HATE when people chew with their mouths open. It makes me stabby and I literally have to sit on my hands so I don't throttle them (sometimes).

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @madcouplewithabox Everyone keeps saying I'm going to have a boy. So I'm scared it's gonna be a girl and everyone is gonna be disappointed.
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox Everyone keeps saying I'm going to have a boy. So I'm scared it's gonna be a girl and everyone is gonna be disappointed.
    EVERYONE had said boy for me too. My husband took it very well, but damn I wish the rest of the family had just kept their opinions to themselves. I'm ecstatic about my Lil girl. She's going to have my grandmothers namesake who passed away two years ago. 
  • Options
    Hi all! Jumping over from the Thursday ticker change, as my due date was officially pushed back to 1/30 after my dating us.

8 weeks, the size of a raspberry.

2. How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty good for the most part.  Lots of nausea, but as long as I remember to eat, that helps a lot.  Also freaked out a little this morning when I noticed blood tinged discharge on the toilet paper (TMI).  I know it's totally normal so will monitor and if it gets worse will call my OB.

No, next appointment isn't until July 14.

None.

I don't even know where to begin.  People who don't use turn signals when changing lanes or making a turn (I am not a mind reader), people who smoke cigarettes and blow the smoke right into the people walking behind them, people who walk in front of other people on the sidewalk because they aren't paying attention & most importantly people who text & drive!!! I am annoyed by pretty much anything it seems :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @jshannon83 We're glad to have you!  I think I had some spotting around that time too. I know it's different for everyone, but my doctor said it's completely normal unless I had a lot of pain with it...then it would be something to be concerned about.
  • Options
    @whitta1218 Thanks!! Yes, I am trying to remember if this happened with either of my other two pregnancies, but honestly can't remember.  No pain or cramping, so I'm just chalking it up to one of those weird things that happens while pregnant!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

9 weeks, size of a cherry

2. How are you feeling?
    Fine, just a little tired.

Yes, my first appointment with a midwife group on Thurs. This is new territory for me because I had an OB for my 1st pregnancy. I'm cynical about OBs after my experience with my 1st unless I really know them well, so I'm trying the midwife route. We'll see!

Well, related to the question about the sex of the baby, I got a little hormonal with my husband and asked him to stop referring to the baby as "he" all the time. We have a daughter and I know he'd love a son, and I'd like him to acknowledge that this may very well be another girl. He said he'd love a daughter too and he is more conscious of his language now ; )

Besides the above, I work in corporate America and I get annoyed with some lingo that becomes a fad and everyone uses it like 20x a day for situations where it's not even really applicable... like "synergies"...
  • Options
    9 weeks and the size of an Egyptian pound

2. How are you feeling?
    Tired. Tired of bedrest. Tired. Did I mention tired?

None this week, next week though. 

So our elevator is out again.  This means if I do have to go to an appointment I have to walk down and then up 12 flights of stairs. It's like it's working one week and out again the next.   :/

When DH doesn't lift the seat to pee at night and then I go in there and sit down and its all wet. Like seriously. Gross. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox  No matter what we have I know we are bound to disappoint someone.  My mother-in-law hates boys, like really really does not like them.  She says they're evil and has told my husband and nephew she wishes they were girls.  She obviously, along with my sisters-in-law are hoping for a girl.  My husband wants a boy, first a healthy baby - but definitely is hoping for a boy since we have 3 girls already.  My father-in-law, who is the first born son of the first born son - who was the son of the first born son (and my husband was the first born son of the first born son...) obviously wants a boy so he can become the prince of the family.  They're still pretty tribal where he's from in Egypt so it's really important - especially since we many not ever have another child of our own.  

IDK.  While I really want a son as well I'm just going to be happy to have a healthy baby and I just wish everyone else would be too.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
      8 weeks, raspberry 

2. How are you feeling?
    • Very ill, not throwing up but an all day long mix of nausea and headache and fatigue. 

• First ultrasound this Friday !

• 4. Rants/raves/questions?
      I've been feeling so sick these past few days I've wondered if I will be able to continue working this much 

spelling mistakes of simple every day words (but I married DH who can't spell so I think it's karma )