January 2018 Moms

Re: TW Tuesday

• My TW goes to DH.  Our 10.5 yr old lab has a fungal infection in her ear and after a Google search is convinced it's cancer.  He has also decided he wants to do whatever it takes to save her.  Um...shes 10.5 and owes us nothing.  I don't like the idea of losing her - if she really does have cancer, but I can't justify 5-12k on a dog we've had over 10 years.  But now I am going to hear DH lament about this for the next few days until he can get her to the vet.
  • My TW goes to DH.  Our 10.5 yr old lab has a fungal infection in her ear and after a Google search is convinced it's cancer.  He has also decided he wants to do whatever it takes to save her.  Um...shes 10.5 and owes us nothing.  I don't like the idea of losing her - if she really does have cancer, but I can't justify 5-12k on a dog we've had over 10 years.  But now I am going to hear DH lament about this for the next few days until he can get her to the vet.
    A labs lifespan is only 10-14 years too. Going through treatment will be really rough on a dog that age if it is indeed cancer. Maybe explaining that the dog has had a great life and doing treatment will only extend her suffering. Sure, she may get better from this, but with her age she will undoubtably suffer something else soon just due to age alone. It really wouldn't be a great quality of life if the poor thing is constantly in pain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My TW is the heat. It's 118 today, wth. I think if it's too hot for the airplanes to take off its too hot to go to work. People have snow days, we should get extreme heat days.
  • @madcouplewithabox I totally agree.  I've got him talked down to maybe only spending 2k, but we will see what the vet says Thursday.  I feel like a terrible pet owner but if she were younger it'd be a different story.  We got her shortly after college and he took care of her for a month while I finished classes and we moved in together.  They have a strong attachment to each other and she's clearly his dog.  He also called me a few minutes ago to talk about it again.  Seriously, I am concerned too, but SERIOUSLY!
  • @burnsmommy27 holy hot! Where are you again? 

My TW today is our crappy printer. Our children's museum is doing a trial of free first-time parent membership but you have to print the registration forms and mail them in. I've been trying to print these for a couple hours now but the printer won't work! They only have limited availability for this, and I really want to get DD in so we have something to do all summer.
  • @schaze in Arizona. Yep just counting the weeks til Sept when it will go back to 95-100 Ish degrees.
  • @burnsmommy27, sheesh!!  I will stop complaining that it's supposed to be 93 today! 
    My TW of the day (or the last two months) is the insurance company that we are dealing with trying to get my car fixed. They will not approve the necessary repairs, and threw out an arbitrary estimate without even seeing the damage to our car. So now, we are fighting to get our car repaired correctly, and our body shop is saying that they may not be able to do everything because of this lame insurance company. It is so frustrating, because it was not my fault, and now I have to deal with a banged up car that won't get fixed the way it is supposed to. So annoyed! 
  • EagsEags member
    I found out today that or budget through the NIH (I work in research and the bulk of our money comes from the government) was slashed by 20% ... now they're trying to figure out where to make cuts and we were right to begin with. I'm one of newest people in my lab - everyone else has been here at least 10 years (that's one person) and the rest are 15-20. AND, I was supposed to get a raise Aug 2016 that keeps "getting delayed" so now I know there's no chance of that happening.  :|
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • @cyanope that sucks. Someone hit your parked car right?
  • @livingoffpbjs That would be me too lol. I keep reading this thread as Trigger Warning Tuesday and it throws me every time.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @missblaze me too! Every time!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Haha @missblaze and @KatieEl this morning I had typed out "twatwaffle" and it made me feel sick so I deleted it and abbreviated instead. How weird is this pregnancy nausea  :D I think it's the waffle part that gets me..
  • Mine is my toddler, though, I don't like referring to her as a twatwaffle so I'll call this a toddler whine. I don't know where my sweet, loving daughter went but this destructive, disobedient grump monster imposter can go away now. I was literally done parenting by 10am today. I need reinforcements. 
  • @Shanski70 Were you lurking Dec 17 perhaps? I totally agree… also that you shame people for things that your religion/upbringing doesn’t endorse.

@Eags Ugh. I hope that the news does not get any worse. 

My TW is an incoming player's mom who called me to discuss her son's diet and how imperative it is that he eat 3-5 regular meals ("he doesn't do well with protein shakes"). First, your child is 18 years old, so... umm... maybe let him figure out the eating thing on his own now? Second, I am your son's academic coordinator; how do you suppose I should help influence his dietary choices?

Side note: the coach laughed out loud when I told him that and we spend a good 15 minutes laughing about crazy parents. 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Today's TW is my husband who was lovely and packed me some leftover jalapeno popper dip but also gave me a pack of mostly broken crackers to eat it with. I will forgive him though because this dip is seriously so delicious that I can deal with the broken crackers.
  • Yes, @burnsmommy27...and crunched my bumper. The insurance company wants to repair the (plastic) bumper, and our body shop said no way. It needs to be replaced...which the insurance company is refusing to do. We're going to fight them on it, but in the meantime, I'm beyond pissed.
  • @Emilylove25 you guessed correctly

@gusgus14 share this jalapeno popper dip recipe that you speak of!  I need follow up! :)

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @gusgus14 I must have the jalapeno popper dip recipe as well. Please share!!!
  • @Shanski70 @GraceUponGrace09 Be warned, it is in no way healthy but I think it's delicious! 

https://www.thecountrycook.net/jalapeno-popper-dip/
  • @gusgus14 Thanks!!  I will be making this delicious dip this weekend! :)

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @Ready4theParty, we lost both of our boxers a couple of years ago. Our female was the first, she was 9 and already had awful arthritis before we were hit with the cancer dx. DH couldn't deal with the thought of letting go and we spent waaaay too much money on her, only to quickly lose her anyway. He now regrets not letting go sooner. He let her suffer for longer than necessary for selfish reasons. 

Six months later, when our male was dx we immediately set a limit, both financially and physically (for him). It was much easier for DH to let go the second time around. (Granted, his dx was far more clear cut) 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gusgus14 Thank you so much for the recipe! I just made it because I actually had jalapenos in my fridge in needed to use. IT IS AMAZING!! I'm so happy to have this stuff in my life!
    I didn't have to crumbs for the tip so I omitted and broiled for just a few mins at the end to toast the cheese! 
    My only complaint is the kids like it too so I have to share! ((So I guess my TW is my kids for stealing my dip!  :D))
  • Thanks @BelhurstBride!  I am sorry to hear about your boxers.

Shes a great dog and acts like she 5-6 not 10 so I understand him not being able to let go.  I am hoping he'll be reasonable.
  • @GraceUponGrace09 so glad you like it! I'm already looking forward to having it as my afternoon snack tomorrow :)
  • @Ready4theParty, good luck with your decision. It's so hard. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My TW today is all of the parents of my students who are unable to see the reality of their kiddos situation with relation to college. This may be a UO but college is not for everyone. Especially not, an autistic kid with super high anxiety, and extreme ADHD who is emotionally immature and whose parents are going through a divorce. Not saying, she is incapable but she's not ready right now and her mom is really pushing her sticking with it. It's so frustrating for everyone involved. 
    *********************************** TW *****************************************
    BFP #1 Dec 2015 - CP Dec 2015 
    BFP #2 Jan 2016 - MC March 2016 
    BFP #3 May 2017 - Down Syndrome dx @ 12 wks - MC August 2016 

BFP #4 November 2017 

Pregnancy Ticker