Put all your random thoughts here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/12

• Options
    We had a great weekend! Our daughter is signed up for soccer, we went to the pool since we have family passes this year and my husband and I got to celebrate our anniversary with a couples massage! Omg amazing! 
  • Options
    Do any other FTMs feel like they should be "doing" more? Childcare options are in place, nursery is under construction, signed up for baby care classes... so what should be next on my checklist?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do any other FTMs feel like they should be "doing" more? Childcare options are in place, nursery is under construction, signed up for baby care classes... so what should be next on my checklist?
    Have you researched pediatricians? Also FTM and I seem to be in the same place as you - working on the nursery, secured daycare last week, and registered for childbirth and infant CPR class. Pediatrician is next on my list. I have identified two practices I'm interested in and my next step is to set up appointments with a doctor at each one. I'm planning to do those appointments in July.
  • Options
    So if anyone is going to the beach anytime soon and wants a yummy beach drink, mix pineapple juice, coconut La Croix, and grenadine, it's so good!
  • Options
    Have you researched pediatricians? Also FTM and I seem to be in the same place as you - working on the nursery, secured daycare last week, and registered for childbirth and infant CPR class. Pediatrician is next on my list. I have identified two practices I'm interested in and my next step is to set up appointments with a doctor at each one. I'm planning to do those appointments in July.
    Yes! We picked our pediatrician and we've got our newborn parents orientation at their office later this month! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Uh.. I haven't done anything  :# I don't even know how to go about looking for pediatricians! 

Jk I DID request to register for classes.. don't know if I got in them.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    You all motivated me to register DS for the sibling class at the hospital. Aside from registering baby girl for daycare and purchasing a few small items we really haven't prepared much.
  • Options
    Uh.. I haven't done anything  :# I don't even know how to go about looking for pediatricians! 

Jk I DID request to register for classes.. don't know if I got in them.
    You still have plenty of time! I am eager to get things done earlier because of being at risk for preterm labor - I want to make sure I've done everything I can in case baby does come early.

Are there any local moms groups in your area you could ask for pediatrician recommendations? My town has a FB group for residents and there are often people asking for pediatrician recommendations, so I took note of those as I saw them and then combined those with suggestions I've gotten from other mom friends who are not local - you want somewhere that's conveniently located to your house and that has extended hours (preferably evenings and weekends). Based on those I narrowed it down to two practices that are close to our house - one has evening and weekend hours and the other has weekend hours. I still need to decide on which doctor at each practice we are most interested in and then set up prenatal appointments.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @tfrangul! Good luck with the house situation - I can't imagine how hard that must be to deal with when you have a baby on the way!
  • Options
    Question: Can I get the tuberculosis skin test at work? 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 yes I believe you can. I want to say I got it done my last pregnancy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Question: Can I get the tuberculosis skin test at work? 
    Yes! We give it to pregnant women.