February 2018 Moms
Options

What are you favourite pregnancy related apps?

I'm using "the bump" (obviously  :D ) and "baby center" but wondering if there is anything a little bit different out there that can help the long days pass by? 

Re: What are you favourite pregnancy related apps?

• Options
    Later in pregnacy I used - Count the kicks and will again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the Bump, Sprout, and Ovia. 
  • Options
    Ditto for Ovia and wonder weeks. Wonder weeks saved me many times questioning what on earth I was doing wrong "...ohhh, just a normal stormy period". That thing was on the money 99% of the time 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Another vote for Ovia and Wonder weeks (so nice when your kid is being a jacka** and you're like what the eff haha). 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    Not pregnancy related, but after baby is born: My favorite one is called wonder weeks. Also baby see (simulates the vision of your baby based upon age in weeks). 
    Ohh! I love the sound baby see! I've never heard of that! And I totally agree about wonderweeks- i use that with my daughter- currently in a stormy period!! Lmao!
  • Options
    Dissenting voice: I think the science behind Wonder Weeks is sketchy and it was also never accurate for my kid. I did like that it gave me a rough development timetable though. 
  • Options
    Usually The Bump, Babyname is like Tindr for picking baby names between Mom and Dad  :D and sometimes look at Ovia.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone use Babylist?? 
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    masopust said:
    Usually The Bump, Babyname is like Tindr for picking baby names between Mom and Dad  :D and sometimes look at Ovia.
    Omg- just got babyname! So much fun!!! 
  • Options
    Ohhh I had a really good one with my 2nd baby. Was so good for after birth , you could time feeds and which side you fed on (if breastfeeding) or just when baby had last Bottle. Also had nappy changes and if it was poos or weez so it was easier to keep track of. I don't know of others track that stuff. I didn't with my first but remembered my midwife asking n I wouldn't have a clue couldn't remember a thing. I can't remember the name of the app but there's lots :)
  • Options
    Just got the baby name one and I think it's fantastic!
  • Options
    hyrdomamahyrdomama member
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    I first downloaded the bump, what to expect, ovia, and baby center. I ended up deleting them all except Ovia. They are all pretty much the same, I just liked the interface of Ovia best.
  • Options
    I have both The Bump app, as well as Ovia.  I use The Bump off and on, but really like Ovia's app for keeping track of symptoms, appt. info, etc.  If I had to choose one, that would be it, for sure!
  • Options
    Hey! Anyone heard of PEANUT? I just got on it. It’s bascially like tinder for making Mom friends. Only negative I’ve seen so far is there need to be more people on it. It seems great for people who are looking to build connections locally! :)
  • Options
    I have The Bump and Ovia. Like @lucylou214 I use Ovia to track symptoms, I find it easier. I’m going to have to look into some of the other apps too that you all suggest! I like trying different things. 
  • Options
    +1 for The Bump and Ovia.  Totally downloading the baby name app when I get home, and I'm putting another plug out there for "Who's Your Daddy?" for partners.  My husband LOVES it.  (Disclaimer: it costs $2.99, but has a hospital bag checklist for mum, dad, and baby, and a contraction timer, which I think makes it totally worth it.)
  • Options
    +1 for the Bump and Ovia as well as  the Wonder Weeks app for when baby arrives. We used... I think it was an app through Nameberry to come up with this baby’s name. It was some kind of name generator. It takes into account your last name as well as suggests middle names that might go with the intended name. If there is a specific meaning you like or if you have another child they give you lists of names that “go with” the first child’s name or that mean something similar to whatever you want the name to mean. 
    Also, like @babybro218 I’m going to suggest an app for the dads. My husband LOVES the 
    Reddit subpages “Daddit” he’s constantly showing me hilarious and fun things other dads post on there 
  • Options
    +1 for Wonder Weeks!  I also LOVE the Sprout apps, both the pregnancy and baby ones.  I still use the baby one to keep track of immunizations and growth records for my 3yo and 1yo.  I also used the baby one for tracking sleep, diapers, nursing, and pumping.  It's invaluable!

• Options
    This is my favorite pregnancy app by far. Tools include weight tracking, calendar, kick counts, contraction timing, and kegel exercise program. That's on top of the daily/weekly tracker and about your pregnancy sections for mom and baby.