November 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 6/20

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing?

Re: FTM Check-In 6/20

• Options
    19w+6
    Nothing till 7/7
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Having trouble sleeping but like I'm not comfortable but can't pin point how . I'm not big enough for it to be belly and I don't feel them so it's not uncomfortable that way just can't get to sleep . 4 nights running . It's just annoying 
    Also have sinus pressure that keeps blocking my ears which is also annoying 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Lots of little things pop up I worry about but nothing note worthy .
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing?
    most days I have the luxury of the things I love are the things I do for work and the freedom to choose which I would like to work on. Without too much stress or worry .Today I'm enjoying still being able to train dispite not improving much I'm still in there working on me and my flexibility and my skill 
    Even tho its getting harder not easier . Every week I weight more and am tighter in my abdomen so even if I make progress week to week I gain challenges too so it seems like I'm standing still 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 20+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? AS last week - everything went well!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Still with the lightheaded/dizziness and I've still been getting sick. As a result, I'm exhausted, I'm so tired of being sick and feeling miserable and the only time I really feel better is when I'm sleeping so all I want to do is sleep. :(
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? We are FINALLY making progress on our basement remodel so hopefully soon we'll be able to clean out the baby's room and start getting things set up.
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? I would probably travel somewhere new.  Where? I'm not sure because I want to go a lot of places
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1) How far along are you? 19+6 (almost 20!)
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? AS on Friday! Nervous and excited!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? just give me all the food this week.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I just want ppl to STFU with the random comments. Most recent:
    Wow, you sure are eating a lot for you!

My neighbor's daughter only gained 4 lbs during HER pregnancy. 

You don't look pregnant, you just look likr you've put some weight on.

5) Anything else you want to add/ask? I am so nervous for AS
    Vacation with DH

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @foxairt I am having the same sleeping issue. The pregnancy pillow did help.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    foxaírt Also having trouble sleeping and can't pinpoint what it is. Just stomachaches.

@mparm91 I'm sorry you're still feeling so sick and miserable :( I have nausea every once in a while (like right now) and it's so annoying, it must be so obnoxious to feel that way constantly.

@jess0211 Who are these people who speak to you this way?? Have they never encountered a pregnant woman before and know what is and what is not appropriate? You for sure do not look fat, food is amazing, and 4 pounds? Was this woman overweight before pregnancy because the baby alone is like 5-10 pounds so that seems pretty impossible to me, just saying. Rude!

@bcashaw Annoying you have to go back but jealous that you get to see your itty bitty again!

• Options
    17+3
    General prenatal yesterday. She couldn't find the heartbeat with Doppler so we did a quick ultrasound and I got to see her sucking her thumb! Doc says "oh my she is going to be cute!"  I've got a very anterior placenta which made it hard to find the HB. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    yesterday I started having dizzy spells something awful. I was painting in the nursery today since it's my day off and I had to go lie down. I don't like it! Trying to extra hydrate in case it's dehydration, but my BP is also pretty low. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    bummed about the anterior placenta, I just want to feel kicks already!
    not off the top of my head
    Vacation! I could use like a week on the beach so badly!
  • Options
    car1acar1a member
    1) How far along are you? 19+4
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had my A/S last Friday and it went well with no concerns!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I just cant get back to eating typical dinner foods on a regular basis. I'm not very hungry in the evenings and I mostly just want to eat anything breakfast-related throughout the entire day. I've been mostly eating cereal with strawberries, bagels, english muffins with PB&J, eggs, craving biscuits and gravy. So I want all of the carb-comfort breakfast items. Eating something like pasta sounds terrible.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? I forgot to ask my Dr about my weight and they didn't bring it up. I'm still down 2lb from pre-pregnancy. I'm muscular but not terribly thin to begin, and have not been sick (so I'm keeping down my prenatals, etc.) so I really haven't been concerned but now it's getting kind of weird. I'm just wondering if I'm maybe going to pile on weight really quickly, or maybe be one of "those people" who doesn't gain too much?
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? Beach or lake house vacation would be amazing!
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 20+3

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? A/S later this week! 

3) Cravings/symptoms? Still no real cravings. My preference remains for tart/sour/pickled/spicy flavors, but my sweet tooth has started to kick in.  Thankfully strawberry season is about to start so I can satisfy the sweet tooth with fruit not sugar. I'm tired again.  Back pain. Add me to the list of people having an awful time sleeping- I feel like I'm squashing my shoulders!  Sharp breast pain continues, though diminished. Excruciating nipple pain continues if/when my breasts are cold. Not boring well for winter breast feeding. I'm thinking a feeding shawl is going to be a necessity, just to ward the chill off me!

4) Rants/raves/concerns?

6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? Traveling the world.  Then heading back to our camp on the coast to chill out, nap, and get started on the kids book I've been wanting to write for years. 
  • Options
    @car1a I'm down about 4lb from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was going to talk to my dr at my last appointment but I also forgot after getting to see our little bean <3 and the dr didn't bring it up. They said the baby looks healthy and it's weight is right on track so they aren't worried about anything there. I'm only keeping my prenatals down lately because I take them right before bed.  I understand what you mean though, it seems really weird to me to still be down this far into things.
  • Options
    Carito8Carito8 member
    edited June 2017
    1) How far along are you? 19 weeks today
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No, I have to wait until the first week of July. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? So much pelvic pain! When I first get up in the morning and when I get up from my work chair after sitting, even just half an hour, the first 10 steps are like an old lady. My bones pop and the pubic bone feels like its been punched. It's the one symptom that is a constant. I'm also craving tropical fruit, pineapple, mangoes, my favorites. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I went shopping for maybe a dress and some comfy sandals last night. Oh, and a larger bra. I came home with nothing. It put me in such a bad mood. But today a woman in a local FB group posted a ton of maternity clothes for sale. I went to her place and came out with 8 wonderful pieces for only 45ish dollars. So much happier now. Just gotta find the bra and comfy sandals (any recs? I'm thinking some Birkenstocks?).
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? I'm laughing so hard, because just last night I told my husband, "If I could close my eyes and be anywhere right now it would be at a 5-star resort, by the pool being served tropical fruit." Haha, this is so not like me. We love to travel and 95% of the time stay at Airbnb's and do lots of activities/walking/adventure. Unfortunately no fancy hotels any time in our future, but in the meantime I will sit here in my underwear with my cooling fan pointed at me and pretend I'm there. :) Anyway, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who is thinking vacation/travel at this time. 

Edit: And my spray bottle full of water. If I close my eyes when I spray myself, I can almost imagine myself at the beachside. :wink: There is no a/c in my building (this is very typical in this country) so I really have to work hard to stay cool. 
  • Options
    @Carito8 I just it myself a pair of Teva sandals and I am adoring them. They are super adjustable so they should even fit by the end of the summer if my feet get all fat and swollen. :)
  • Options
    @irishfrisky I am obsessed with my tevas. It's like a memory foam mattress for my feet.
  • Options
    20+2

Overall pretty good. Had the as with the mfm on Friday and in general everything is good. They want to keep a close eye on her heart the next few weeks, however, since there would be an occassional beat from the upper chambers. They say it almost always gets worked out by birth and isn't something to worry about but still.

Then yesterday I had my 20 week with my ob. Since my practice makes you jump around until you meet everyone, I've been a bit frustrated not finding anyone I really liked - until yesterday! This doc was awesome and she actually spent time with me. It was great!

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Luckily, no

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Found out today that 1) we need a new a.c. unit and 2) someone has been using my credit card number to run up high charges at gas stations. My bank was good about it but still. Grrrrr....

today?? Install a new a.c. unit for free. In general, travel and spend more time with my photography.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 19 + 5ish
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? A/S THURSDAY ERMAHGERRD!
    3) Cravings/symptoms? have a serious cereal problem. Had to start buying the mini boxes because my cravings were so erratic and maybe perhaps becoming a legitimate spending concern. No one should spend the amount I have on different types of cereals.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? My antibodies are high and I need to see an endocrinologist but I'm keeping things positive and trusting that my body is doing what it can. I've had messed up thyroid levels for years but thanks to pregnancy my t4 and tsh levels have totally evened out?! So weird.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Any mamas out there that are considering or have experienced a drug free birth? If you aren't or haven't, no need to explain why. I get it. I totally and completely get it. Up until a year ago I was on the "give me ALL THE DRUGS" track. Like, wake me up when there's a baby in my arms. But people are weird and change and no one is more surprised than by it than I am. So I'm hoping someone here is as (happily) insane as I am. Anyone? Bueller?
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? Hiking in New Zealand! Or maybe drinking and eating somewhere in Italy? Either one. :)
  • Options
    @britduhr I'm attempting a med-free intervention-free birth. Attempting being the key word. I'm starting Bradley Method classes in September. A friend of mine took them and while she warned me they can be too anti-medicine, she said it really prepared her for what was to come and helped her husband understand how to be a coach. So we're going to try it out and take what they say about medicine with a grain of salt. Or in one ear out the other. I'm not anti-med, I've just read a lot that recovery is faster and easier med-and-intervention-free and I've had a spinal headache from an epidural before and have zero desire to relive that experience. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I feel like we've probably read the same things then! I'm so happy someone else is attempting it! The reactions I've received have been less than encouraging, but I take all of that with a grain of salt too. 

They offer those classes at my birthing center, but we haven't signed up for any yet. I think I'll give it a go. :)

There's a small part of me that is nervous that I won't have the option of an epidural at the birthing center, but so many women have done it before me! Why not me? I'm trying to temper that positivity with grace for myself and my body. I won't beat myself up if an intervention has to occur (BC is next to a great hospital). 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 17w5d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had an appt last week that was short, but got to hear baby's heart beat, so that was fun.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Oh my goodness, I am sooooooo hungry all the time. I will eat breakfast, 20 minutes later, eat a snack. Try to make it to lunch time, eat, have a snack about 1 hour later. Same goes for dinner. I am trying to just do moderate portions, but I feel like I am starving. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Nothing really...but my lower back always hurts when I sit up from laying down and not sure why. Also, the pads of my feet have been swelling over night, which sucks.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope.
    I would just be plain old lazy and watch Netflix marathons. I am always on the go and engaged in something and sometimes, I just want to zone out and not think for an extended period of time. It doesn't sound inspiring or impressive, but vegging out on the couch for a day actually allows me to relax and recharge.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 17+6
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Next appointment is July 6th for midwife visit and AS.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I've been craving red meat and vegetables. Finally a healthy craving! As for symptoms, not too many. I have to pee all the time and I'm pretty tired, but that is it. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Pregnancy emotions! I spent half an hour crying this morning. And now I'm just tired and want to sleep! 
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Not that I can think of. 
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? I would be studying full time, and starting my own buisness. Which I guess I actually could do to some extent, there are a lot of online study programs. 
  • Options
    foxaírtfoxaírt member
    edited June 2017
    Awe ladies I have an anterior placenta too along with strong abdominal and being FTM I'm only just starting to feel the tiniest of pokes low down . And only twice .. I share your frustration tho I am sure they'll all make themselves known sooner or later 

On the med side we are also aiming for an all natural birth . We are with midwives through the hospital . There are new birth clinic style suites at the hospital ill go to , reserved for the midwives patients at the hospital I'm going through (which are 20 min apart but the one close no longer has maternity and the other one has a huge maternity ward . The two hospitals work in conjusction)
    the suites have any medical devices hidden . So it's just a birth suite with shower bed lounge bath and pole  so all going to plan we just have a natural birth without intervention and without meds.  But in the case of something going wrong and the need for it we are actually at the hospital and the facilities are all there . 
  • Options
    @foxairt it sounds like am getting similar medical care to you, midwives but going through the hospital. I quite like that it's at the hospital, just in case something does go wrong everything is there and avalible. I am also going to try a unmedicated birth, but I have to admit I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility of pain meds if I need them.

****TW*****
    I always though I would have a completely natural birth, but after an incredibly painful miscarriage last year, where I took all the pain meds they would give me, and did not deal well with the pain I'm a bit worried about how I'll deal with labour.

****End TW****

I plan on hiring a doula, and having my mom there as well for support. I really hope to have an unmedicated birth, but my confidence has been shaken a bit. 

• Options
    @britduhr I'm using a hospital and OB, not a birthing center, so it'll be pretty easy for me to cave. Hopefully I make it through! I got a few "good luck with that, I tried to do that and x and y happened" comments but one of my friends who just had a baby and had a natural birth was incredibly encouraging and told me I could definitely do it and I'd be great at it but even if I did end up needing help, birth is still hard and women are amazing. I liked her answer the best haha. All my friends without babies know I've had a spinal headache before and that's what I'm trying to avoid so they're just supportive. 

• Options
    @Perfectypo so sorry you went through that :( I don't have any experience but I can't imagine the emotional pain on top of the physical is anything that can be dulled. Wishing you a healthy, happy baby - maybe it'll be easier this time around since you'll have your baby's sweet face to look forward to. Hugs. 

• Options
    britduhrbritduhr member
    edited June 2017
    @Perfectypo that is all totally understandable! My best friend went through a miscarriage last year and I know it was so painful for her on so many levels. You have to do what's right for you! There are great reasons to have an unmedicated birth, but there are also plenty of great reasons not to. None of these options are right or wrong. It's all about what you need to get the job done in a way that works for you and baby. However it happens, you are so capable of birthing that beautiful baby into this world. 

Also, to be perfectly honest, the only intuition I have about my labor is a vision/nightmare of me, pantless, panting and crying in a room at my birthing center cursing the day I watched those documentaries about hippies birthing on a farm, begging my midwife for something stronger than peppermint oil and warm towels to ease my pain. We shall see!  :p
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge and @britduhr thanks for the kind words. My mom was really supportive and reminded me that I did not have 9 months to physically and mentally prepare myself last time, and has been very supportive of me regardless of which way I go. I fully plan on doing my best to try for a natural birth, but I am just keeping an open mind for myself  :) I think being more prepared and having a lot of labor support will be a huge help. 

@britduhr I wanted to go to a birth centre but the closest on is an hour and fourty five from my house! So hospital it was haha. 
  • Options
    slavenslaven member

@Carito8 I tried on birkenstocks the other day wanting a sandal without an ankle strap and they didn't feel secure on my feet. I can't really describe it but even thonged sandals/flip flops feel better. I have a pair of Clarks that are great but they have an ankle strap that can be difficult when my back is sore. I think birkenstocks come in other styles too but this was their typical/popular one with 3 straps over the foot. And everyone's feet are different. 

1) How far along are you? 19+6 (I think my due date technically changed a day when we moved)

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No apts for the foreseeable future until we get to our next duty station.

3) Cravings/symptoms? Craving red meat and meat in general, and also dairy which doesn't bode well for my lactose intolerance. I have to remember to take my lactase tablets. My areolas have dry flaky skin which is annoying. Shaving is harder because bending over for an extended period of time hurts my uterus. 

4) Rants/raves/concerns? I thought I was starting to feel baby move a lot but then didn't feel much for a few days. It could have been stress of moving and flying halfway around the world made him more active. I still feel bits here and there. My MIL works in L&D and I may be able to check is heart rate this weekend when she's at work, depending on how busy they are. It's nerve wracking going from having appointments every 2-3 weeks with an u/s each time to no apt until we get to our next duty station. And then at that point I have to make the apt and it probably won't be right away. 

5) Anything else you want to add/ask? DH and I went to BRU to looks at strollers. I already had the registry done but it was done without seeing things in person. I kept the stroller we registered for but changed the infant seat. 

Shopping

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @britduhr Yup, I'm hoping for drug-free as well. Like @foxairt and @perfectypo I will have a midwife birth but at the hospital. If things go poorly, I am open to meds or whatever else I may need, but I figure I should at least have a goal of natural!

1) How far along are you? 17+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I had a check-up last week and just got my AFP results today—all clear! I'm so looking forward to the 20 week anatomy scan.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I have been feeling so much better since my midwife told me to increase my water intake last week. Everything sucked and I was miserable before. Now I just pee every ten minutes, which is way better. The main discomfort is now trying to sleep... my stomach gets so uncomfortable now. I need to get a wedge pillow.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Rave! I have an anterior placenta like many others here have mentioned... but I think I felt my first poke last night! It was a very distinct poking feeling from the inside, and it was very low down, right around where my midwife was able to detect the heartbeat last week, so I think it was the real thing.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope... hi!
    6) GTKY: If you could do anything today without worrying about work/kids/money, what would you be doing? Like, literally today? Probably just go to my neighborhood pool, relax, and read. We're going on vacation in a week and a half so I can't ask for much more.
  • Options
    Okay so I'm a first time bio mom. But let me just say since this is the FTM thread. TAKE LONG SHOWERS I just had the most wonderful long invigorating shower and had to get out because the kids were arguing, was so happy that they let me take such a long break. Looked at the clock . It was 8 minute. 8 minutes of heaven, but still. I used to take 30-45 min showers and they were glorious 
  • Options
    @slaven sorry you are a bit anxious. I've got a very chill baby, every US he/she sits mostly still and cooperates, and I usually only feel light movement, and in the evening. I had a coffee yesterday afternoon and baby was all over with very obvious movements,  so apparently he/she is capable of stronger/more frequent activity. Maybe your baby is just taking a few quiet days after a mixed up traveling schedule? 

Also, I think I am in for a rude awakening... a short shower for me is 15 minutes! I like spending 20-25 minutes usually. I guess I'm going to really enjoy these showers the next 5 months. 

@YesOuiCan yay baby movements! That is super exciting! Glad drinking more water has made you feel better. Awesome that your AFP results came back normal!
  • Options
    18 weeks
    Had a follow up last Friday, and got to hear her heartbeat! 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    No cravings. Just occasional heartburn at night.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I'm excited to start setting up my registry. Talked to a couple moms at a work training this week for advice, which made me feel WAY less anxious about it!
    I've felt the flutters, but I can't wait until she gets big enough for DH to feel her move!
    Not that I can think of at the moment, but a 3 day math workshop (teacher) plus pregnancy brain will do that, I suppose!
    Vacation! DH and I want to go to NM for a few days before school starts back.