January 2018 Moms
Options

3rd pregnancy-worst morning sickness

Sorry if this breaks board rules. I'm not on here much. Anyway, this is my third pregnancy and not only was I having early symptoms but I feel like I've been hit by pregnancy with a Mac truck...especially morning sickness. I keep reading that worse symptoms can be a sign of twins and when I called my sister in law who is a midwife to ask for help with my symptoms, she immediately asked if I had gotten an ultrasound yet/know if I'm carrying twins. Sooo...anyone relate to this and NOT end up with twins? I'm not 100 percent certain I'm prepared for this surprise pregnancy to turn into surprise twins and I won't know for sure until next month!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3rd pregnancy-worst morning sickness

• Options
    Samsmommy6515Samsmommy6515 member
    edited June 2017
    This is my third pregnancy and I have been sick 24/7 since week 6 and I was convinced it was twins. Just a troublemaking singleton.
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I've also been hit with the Mac truck. The MS is sooo much worse with this one, but it is only one! I'm hoping the difference is because it's a girl and there's tons of extra estrogen floating around. I hope it gets better for both of us!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard that nausea can get worse with subsequent pregnancies, so that might be all it is. But I'm struggling hard, and I'm 12 weeks with twins.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Morning sickness usually gets worse with subsequent pregnancies.   This is my 4th and Ive been terribly ill and it isnt twins.  Funny enough, I know 7 twin moms and none of them had morning sickness. 
  • Options
    OMG, I am not the only one! I feel like death. It's my third kid and I've never had symptoms like this before, especially at night! I will wake up in the middle of the night to throw up. I am so over the first trimester. Make it end!
  • Options
    My first pregnancy I could barely get out of bed , literally threw up every single day including the day I was in labor driving to the hospital on the side of the road . She is just a singleton! This time same thing ... horrible morning sickness but this time I opted to take the drugs . With my first I was so worried about doing something wrong and I hate prescription drugs , I would rather pass on anything a normal doctor try's to prescribe ( I'm a little weird ) however I did not want to go through that again. I let the doctor give me a sample of diclegis.... total game changer!! I throw up first thing in the morning regardless of what I do , and then if I wait more then 2 hrs to eat I get sick but other then that I am a normal functioning humans who can go to work and everything . It's expensive ( $290 ) ..... ouch . I debated with myself of just trying to push through it again but in the end decided that me feeling a ton better was worth the money . Oh I forgot to mention that there is still only one in there this time too. Hanging in there I know it's sucks , especially since you have 2 others to keep fed and entertained and washed etc ;) my husband has been a saint helping with DD 
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and only single babies each time. I was worried with my second because I was super sick and I had an early HCG check due to spotting and the numbers were super high. Turns out it was just a healthy baby girl that gave  me a miserable first trimester (and some of the second tri).  This time has been a bit better but still really rough. Early symptoms, early positive test, but this time I take a half unisom and B6 at bedtime and it seems to help.  I also get weird about drugs since I'm carrying such a delicate little baby but I have to weigh out that I have two other children that need me to be able to function for them. Anyway, chances are much higher that it's a single baby than multiples.  You are among good company with the morning sickness. It's a central theme here on this board!
  • Options
    Chiming in for solidarity. I have had the worst sickness. I just started on Diclegis and I'm hoping it's the miracle drug everyone says it is. I was taking this supplement called Morning Sickless which worked really well too but I couldn't find more at Target so I went with the Rx. Hang in there!