Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In (wk of 6/19)

(hope it's okay I got it started...)

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack?

Me: 28 | H: 29
Married: October 2014
TTC #1 March 2017
Dx: PCOS - March 2018
IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
IUI #2: May 2018

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In (wk of 6/19)

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? losing weight and getting in shape

2. How is it going? Well I ate all the foods on vacation with H's family last week and gained 3 pounds.  Boo.  I'm also worried about working out too hard in the TWW because I don't know how to not push myself when I run or workout. So I just haven't been. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I worked out every day except for Saturday then TWW started 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? ummm.  No idea.  I'm not a big healthy foods fan so when I eat it, it's because I'm making myself. 
  • @elisek Thank you for starting this! I was like, it can't be me every week guys! Plus I was kinda busy yesterday.

@purplg8r Nice job working out 6/7 days last week!

Trying to lose weight via diet and exercise during IF treatments... yeah, my timing sucks.

2. How is it going? I'm a few pounds lighter on the scale this week than I was like 2 weeks ago but I'm all bloated from the drugs so I have no idea. Working out this week and last week hasn't been a big priority so not been going as well. I'm also waiting for test results to see if I have food sensitivities. When I get those and make changes based on them I'm hoping I'll see more change. 

3. What is a small win from last week? Working out at all last week was a win given my current sitch. I did get like 4 hours in, but that's very little for me and includes walking and very light stuff.

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? hummus
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplg8r That's awesome on working out 6/7 days! Amazing!

@elisek Thanks for starting!

@vflux33 Hopefulky you'll get your results soon so you can make a plan

Overall weight loss, eating healthier, lose weight

2. How's it going? Right now not great. I'm definitely slipping however have only gained 1 lb back (I have no idea how it's not 10. I haven't been to the gym in a week and have been eating like crap)

3. What is one small win from last week?
    Nada

4. What is your favorite healthy snack? Cilantro Jalapeño hummus on cucumber with an almond
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Exercising/getting back in shape because I'm terribly out of shape, and not exercising isn't great for my mental health either.

2. How is it going? Okay in the baby steps department.  I upped my FitBit active minutes goal and have been meeting it the past couple of weeks.  Problem is, base level staying active isn't enough exercise for me, and I just really need to step it up.

3. What is a small win from last week? Meeting the active minutes goal for the whole week.

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? Yogurt and berries!
  • @vflux33 You inspired me to make Greek salad with hummus, grilled halloumi and fresh naan for dinner last night and it was great! It's exciting that you'll be (hopefully) getting some answers about your food issues soon. And, mad props to you for sticking with your healthy habits through your IF treatments!

@RVAmom515 That snack sounds super yum!

@purplg8r I never thought about not working out during the TWW... is that a thing?

Losing weight by eating better and exercising more.
    2. How is it going?
    Eh, ok I guess. Last weekend we had our junkfood loving friend visit, so I ate too many chips/drank too much/are hardly any veggies. Otherwise, I've been proud of how I've been eating and getting back to working out. I did a full hour long workout this morning, which is a big success for me.
    I cooked up quinoa and portioned it out with kidney beans to go on this week's lunch salads. 
    Ah, there are so many! Dried mangoes are probably my favorite though :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? still trying to drink more water (as she looks over at her still full water bottle and ignores the reminder from the water app), exercising 3-4xs a week, general self-care

2. How is it going? see above for the water...I know I need to do it, I know I feel better when i drink more water and my skin looks better, but alas I do not. My gym has a fitness challenge going on right now, you work out x number of times in a set time frame and get a prize. I don't even really want the prize, I just like the challenge, so I've been hitting my exercise goals. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I downloaded the "headspace" meditation app on friday. i've done that once...

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? I love skinny pop. I know it has no real nutritional value, but I really like popcorn and it is a much healthier alternative to that microwave fake butter stuff. I also actually like to have a few almonds as an afternoon snack or before/after a workout.

@elisek thanks for getting us started this week. 
    @purplg8r being on vacation for a week, and going to places like NOLA & the beach and only gaining 3lbs sounds like a win to me! I'm still super impressed that you worked out on vacation. That is commitment.
    @vflux33 I completely agree. working out last week, even if it was light stuff, is a huge win! 
    @RVAmom315  you said you'll get back to it tomorrow and we will be here to cheer you on and/or hold you accountable, whatever you need!
    @wisewitch222 what is you active minutes goal?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @elisek You deserve a round of applause for avoiding that work cake. Awesome job. We have work cake so often, it is really annoying. I wish we had work fruit salad instead because no one needs that much cake.  

Thank you for the kind words. I am definitely trying to take it slow - I have been really exhausted to the point of not being able to do basic stuff until yesterday. Exercise had become a routine for me and it makes me feel good about myself to be improving my health. I think in part it gives me a sense of control to be working back towards it. **tw loss** My initial reaction to my mmc was that I was angry with my body - not for the failure of the embryo itself - but more for the fact that my body couldn't figure out what had happened and continued to build a placenta and make me feel pregnant for several weeks after the embryo stopped growing. I think I just needed to direct my anger somewhere. I am trying to flip the script and feel positive about it in the sense that if my body could hang on to a nonviable pregnancy that long, it will do a great job with a viable pregnancy when that happens. **end tw** So anyway, trying to appreciate my body again and take good care of it. 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? working out each night even if it is just a few minutes

2. How is it going? Well haven't actually started... I think about it and just don't... 

3. What is a small win from last week?  Ate really healthy all week and last weekend. 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? AVOCADO!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Avrilmai It's really embarrassing: 30 minutes up from 20 during the school year (I had a dissertation to finish, and I have a toddler. Those are my excuses.)  Now I'm upping it to 40 minutes.

@elisek I used to love going to the boxing gym before DS was born. Maybe I will get a heavy bag for the basement when we move. 

@KSMcClary I'm in the same boat - just thinking about it and not doing it.  This thread is inspiring me.  I'm going to do some more intense exercise today. 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Drinking enough water, cutting diet soda and tea, balancing a weight routine with a running routine
    2. How is it going? Everything is going great so far! I've accomplished my goals so far. 
    3. What is a small win from last week? I have actually been consistent with my water intake. I have to pee a lot but I'm sure my kidneys have never been so happy.
    4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? I actually don't really snack much. I love skinny pop sweet flavors but rarely eat it. I feel like popcorn isn't worth the hassle of getting shit stuck in your teeth.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @vflux33 what food allergies do you think you have?

@RVAmom315 1lb isn't too hard to lose again!

@wisewitch222 I didn't know you could up your Fitbit active minutes.  I'll have to look into that. 

@hedgepig I'm not sure that it's a real thing, no. But this my first cycle back TTC since my EP so I'm super paranoid. And chips & dips are my weakness

@Avrilmai I can't drink more liquids either. I'm just not thirsty!!

@zamora_spin I love banana flavored things. If a dessert or drink has banana in it, you know I'm ordering it!  (But for some reason I'm not a huge fan of a banana by itself)

@elisek how do you make the Greek yogurt ranch dip?

@KSMcClary I do love avocados!  (But hated them & guac until about 3 years ago!)

@notthefather good work on meeting your goals last week!
  • @RVAmom315 Sometimes just not gaining as much as you thought is a win in and of itself. 

@hedgepig Oooo I love halloumi!

@Avrilmai I read that wrong and thought you said that your gym is giving you a pizza. I was like, why would her gym do that?? Clearly I'm ready for dinner. 

@zamora_spin I'm sorry to see you around here again.  <3

@notthefather Yeah I HATE getting popcorn on my teeth too and I just don't love popcorn enough to deal (unless someone else makes it and it's like sitting there.)

@purplg8r I'm not totally sure, but one that I suspect may be an issue is cow milk protein (casein). I'm worried about sensitivities--not allergies though. I guess if you have an allergy you'd definitely know because you wouldn't be able to breathe or would get a rash or something. *TMI What I'm worried about is that I have a general immune response that is causing certain foods (like maybe casein) to give me constipation. 
  • @vflux33 I know nothing about other than the commercials I've seen but what about that new A2 milk?
  • @purplg8r I've never heard of that! (no cable) Just looked it up. If I have a sensitivity to that I'll definitely ask my naturopath about it. Thanks for letting me know that was a thing! I'm also thinking goat/sheep milk products should be OK. 
  • @purplg8r Yesh, I totally know the feeling of being paranoid... I was worried about putting cinnamon on my peanut butter toast this morning... eyeroll. 

@vflux33 I'm in love with halloumi. When the health food store in our town went out of business recently, I bought up their entire stock because they're the only store that I know that carries it! How do you like to eat it?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig I've never made my own--just had it in restaurants. I'd like to though! I'll check at our local store. They have a decent cheese section so maybe I'll luck out (unless I have a casein sensitivity in which case I am fucked). 
  • @vflux33 Ufh, that would be really hard. Here's hoping that it isn't casein, but is something else that is easier to give up!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig Yeah MH and I have been joking about "what if" I have a food sensitivity to broccoli or something else that's actually healthy. I mean, I like broccoli and all, but that would be a much easier fix!
  • @purplg8r Nice record on the working out!

@wisewitch222 I love my fitbit. I need to play around with the active minutes as I start to get back into working out. 

@hedgepig Do you have a trader joe's near you? They used to have this awesome dried mango with chili. Not sure if it's still there. It was awesome.

@elisek That's such a victory avoiding the work junk food. We always have donuts on the weekends and it's so hard to resist.

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Eating better, walking more

2. How is it going? Other than the 1/2 quart of ice cream I just ate... actually not too badly. 

3. What is a small win from last week? No eating out, made all of our meals that week!

4. GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? Scoop of almond butter! Always satisfies cravings. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard The closes TJ's is 2 hours away, but next time I'm in there I will check it out! I don't like the chili-mango if it's salted, but otherwise it's good to go. And MH loves the salty kind, so I can always give it to him!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• izza2izza2 member
    @vflux33 - Do you know when to expect your results?
    @wisewitch222 - Good job meeting your steps goal! I need to up mine, but I just upgraded to a Blaze and I'm enjoying the fireworks when I meet my goal. :tongue:
    @elisek - I definitely read "track food" as "taco food". So we can all see where my head it right now. :wink: Even if you can't walk as much as you'd like to - keeping your food/drink intake in check is still a win!
    @zamora_spin - Giving you so many hugs right now. I like the way that you flipped your thinking around to try and see a silver lining. *hugs*

Everyone seems to be doing so awesome! Even if you've gained a couple of pounds, don't let it discourage you. Just get back on the wagon and keep trucking forward. Y'all got this! :smile:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• izza2izza2 member
    - Drinking more water
    - Meeting my step goal
    - Watching my macro intake/eating what I need for macros

2. How is it going?
    It's going okay. I bought protein powder because I'm not taking in the protein I need through food, so I'm hoping that helps a bit. I get so full eating protein bars and high-protein foods that I think it's hindering my water intake as well as my protein intake. It never really hit me before doing IIFYM that protein really helps to keep you full throughout the day. It should've, considering I've taken two nutrition courses, but, izza is dense sometimes.

I met my steps goal almost every day! I didn't want to up my goal because I love the fireworks show on the Fitbit Blaze, but, it's necessary.

Would you consider protein bars a snack? I love my protein bars. I wish there were more options with less chocolate. It doesn't bother my allergy like I'd expect, but I haven't been in a "sweet food" mood lately.
    Other than that, I love celery and peanut butter. Or carrots.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Yeah my naturopath was like "look you can't wait till lunch to eat protein" and gave me a whole speech about it. It just takes effort for me to eat protein when there's a piece of delicious fruit that takes no effort! Is that the issue for you?

I took the food sensitivity test last friday and she said the results will be in in 1-2 weeks. I'll admit I'm eating all the cheese and gluten this week just in case "it's my last".  :#
  • @fishsticks-n-custard nice work on cooking all week!

@izza2 I have the Fitbit Alta and I get fireworks too--I love it!!
  • @izza2 @vflux33 My go-to breakfast is whole wheat toast with peanut butter, sliced banana and super thinly sliced apple on top, usually with cinnamon sprinkled over. It's quick and easy, and includes whole grains, protein and fruit
     Win!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig I actually hate peanut butter! I don't like the consistency of nut butters at all actually. I tried, but not my thing. I usually go for eggs or nuts (when I'm trying to be good and have the morning protein at all, which I don't do as much as I should).