Weekly Randoms 6/19

Random stuff please. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/19

• I know @wineren wanted to have a discussion about a single separate L&D thread vs. everyone posting their own L&D thread when the babies get here. Thoughts?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I like the separate L&D thread. I feel it is more organized that way. It could get real crazy otherwise. Just my opinion though! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @bridge-and-wall! It seemed like a good place to have it. I personally don't have a preference. It's been quiet enough that one thread makes sense, but I could also see that changing when babies come.
  • I really like the idea of the separate L&D thread. To me it feels more organized and I would be less likely to miss someone's birth announcement. HOWEVER I do think it should be optional and not mandatory. If someone makes their own L&D post I don't think we should re-direct them. They will just have to understand the possibility of their personal thread getting lost on the board.
  • Stupid BabiesRus advertising "free shipping" and then charging $50 for a "shipping surcharge" :rage::rage: :rage: 

*TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• I got logged out of TB and when I logged back in I saw that my username had been changed. I think I changed it a couple months ago when I changed my avatar, but since I didn't log out until just now it stayed the same and I forgot all about it.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @wannabeamongoose I thought something was different.  Are you Lizlann normally?  Or something like that?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• GD test done. Now all the FX for no GBS positive results so I can be done with needles for a LONG time. I hate them. 

Andplusalso, what is it about playing in the car that always gets my toddler to poop? It's so much harder to change poopy diapers when out and about  :s
  • @cats*in*space Yah, that was me. I figured I go a little less personal and a little more Gir.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    edited June 2017
    I had my first unsolicited belly touch today. My friend's SO apparently couldn't resist poking the bump. She comes over and just pokes the bump while cooing "Look at the belly!"  

Eta: spelling
  • @JNR6510, I have gotten several already since I'm showing much earlier this pregnancy. Since they are well intentioned and from those I know, I haven't said anything. It does always throw me as to why it is considered by some ok during pregnancy considering none of them would ever touch my normal chub. 
  • @wineren @bridge-and-wall

I definitely think we need a pinned Birth Announcement thread with associated labor stories. I also think we're small enough of a BMB that I'd love to see people posting their labor updates or have their "Labor Buddy" starting starting a thread for them. That can be for all the well wishes. 

@BigBadWolf12 is my labor buddy since we fb chat on the daily! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Can we post for the bgs to sticky the birth announcement board?? Until she makes her announcement? 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 I think asking for sticky is a good idea. You're suggesting labor stories in the birth announcement thread but also individual "hey I'm in labor" threads by either ourselves or our labor buddy? Just making sure I understood because my brain is not totally functional today.
  • @wineren Yea. Personal decision to make a separate AW I'm in labor thread though of course or if someone wants to just drop it in randoms. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I like the idea of individual AW labor threads honestly
  • Also @mrsmarygs and I are labor buddies. We decided via pm a while ago when I first brought up the idea of labor buddies
  • Also can we all agree to post birth announcement photos in spoiler boxes? Every time I go to a different board's birth thread my phone freaks out trying to load all the pics at once.

sorry I'm being a comment whore.
  • I second that idea @wyomama0427 My phone does not like other boards. Spoiler boxes are friends. 
    I think putting the birth story in the announcement is an awesome plan.
  • Spoiler boxes are definitely a great idea. I can only access internet on my phone, and mobile bumping is not very picture friendly without spoiler boxes.
  • @wyomama0427 in the past I've seen birth announcement threads be a place to say, "hey, I had the baby at ...., all is well, etc" and then when one has time, they post their own birth experience if they want. Labor buddies usually post a seperate thread announcing that so and so is in labor, lets throw them a gif party to keep them focused, entertained, etc. I've also seen labor announcements in the randoms.
  • 1. i cannot believe we are talking about birth announcement and L&D Story boards already
    2. Birth Announcement for just a picture (optional) and "born @ time & date" and with stats 
    3. Idc if people do their own thread for their L&D Story. If you are following the Birth Announcement thread you will know to be on the look out for the L&D Story post. 
  • @wannabeamongoose I like that idea! Two main threads is much more concise and less cluddered in my opinion.
  • I guess this is where I post this? Anywho I got to see my baby girl on 4D ultrasound today!!! She looks like her brothers  :)
    I posted some pics, I hope that is ok?!  :#

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @efrey1986 if you want you can also post on the ultrasound thread ;) 
  • :D@labby18 there's my pregnancy brain moment! lol

• I got a wedding invite but it doesn't say "wedding" or "marriage" anywhere on it. Just "Boy + Girl together with their families" and the time and address. I keep looking at it and thinking it's weird.

It's also 12 days before my due date in the big city 2 hours away (without traffic). DH is pretty adamant we're not going just in case I go into labour. It's taken 4 hours to get home before so I'm tending to agree with him. WWYD?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MyNamesTaken I would probably not go. I am driving almost 3 hours to a wedding at 32 weeks, but 12 days before the due date is cutting it too close for me. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I like the idea of individual AW labor threads honestly
    ^^^ me too. I don't feel like our board is so big/busy that things will get too cluttered. So if people want, they can start their own labor thread, for well wishes and questions/updates. Then one concise birth announcement stickied thread with spoiler boxed photos, and whatever info mom wants to share. That's my $0.02
  • I got a wedding invite but it doesn't say "wedding" or "marriage" anywhere on it. Just "Boy + Girl together with their families" and the time and address. I keep looking at it and thinking it's weird.

It's also 12 days before my due date in the big city 2 hours away (without traffic). DH is pretty adamant we're not going just in case I go into labour. It's taken 4 hours to get home before so I'm tending to agree with him. WWYD?
    I also think it's weird to not use the words marriage or wedding. 

Is it potentially 4 hours from your hospital or "just" home? How close to these people are you? My personal instinct would be to decline (with a personal note explaining that you'll be so close to your due date). UNLESS it's a good friend or close family member. Then I would talk to the couple. I wouldn't want to be more than 2 hours from my hospital that close to my due date though, in general.

• @efrey1986 those are great looking 4d photos. She's beautiful! 

@MyNamesTaken I'm hopefully attending a wedding 11 days before my due date, but it is only 2 hours in traffic from my home. The hospital is between the two. 4 hours seems far to me, but is there a concern for you going early this time? Do you really want to go? There is a good chance you'll be uncomfortable. 
  • Thanks everyone! The hospital is only 5-10 mins from our house. It's for an old friend (we've known each other since grade 5) but we're not super close anymore. We see each other twice a year maybe? I would like to go but won't be too broken up about missing it. I'm thinking the drive will be uncomfortable regardless. No concerns about going early right now but that could change. I have a bit before RSVPs are due so I'll see!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @efrey1986 We are getting our 3d/4d done on Friday, I'm pretty excited.  Your sweetie looks perfect!
  • @ellemnop90 Yay I'm so excited for ya'll!! It is so wonderful to see their little faces!

• So I backed my car into a pole today.   :(:( I'm blaming this one on pregnancy brain.... ughhhh thank goodness my husband is so understanding!
  • @MyNamesTaken I'd probably skip it, and send a gift.  I feel like it's one of those moments where, even though you have zero reason to think you'll go into labor a bit early, it will happen just because you won't be anywhere near the hospital.  Also, I'm imagining being in labor in a car, that you know could be 2-4h from your hospital.  

@ellemnop90 I'm sorry about your car, but I'm glad your DH was understanding about it.  Mine would probably be less than pleased, lol.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have my online shopping cart ready to go for tomorrow! I have bunk beds, 1 mattress, and one bedding set and after tax it's looking like $300. I think that's pretty reasonable. Right? I'm excited to get everything band get the kids set up real cute!