Trying to Get Pregnant

Newb with a question (edited)

awaurandawaurand member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Good morning ladies! (Let's try this again without the iPhone emojis!)
   Newbie here...kind of. I'm Autumn, *almost* 30, a high risk OB nurse, married for nine years, and I am currently TTC baby #2. My DS is five years old and tells me every day that he wants a baby sister (like he has a choice  :D) Bear with me, I haven't been on the boards since DS was six months old and am feeling like quite the old lady trying to recall all of the abbreviations and such, but here we go.
   I had a Mirena IUD in since July 2012 and had it removed last month on May 1st. We did not TTC last month as I wanted my period to return and somewhat regulate prior to trying. It finally came on June 6th and according to my Clue app I should be in my fertile window now. I have never used OPKs before, my first pregnancy was a very welcome surprise without charting or anything. My OPK yesterday showed a faint LH line and today it is as dark as the control line. Does this mean I am currently ovulating or does ovulation occur after the LH surge? Should we be having sex daily or every other day? Y'all. I'm fairly clueless with this stuff...I know all about pregnancy itself related to my work but pre-conception makes me feel like an idiot. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA...I look forward to getting to know you guys! <3   

Re: Newb with a question (edited)

• Loading the player...
  • Darn it! Let me try again! 
  • awaurandawaurand member
    edited June 2017
    Meant to post with a question, not just an intro. I just edited and reposted. Hopefully it works this time!
  • @awaurand this is probably a question most appropriate for the chart stalk / weekly questions thread. I'd reco reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which will explain a lot! Are you temping? Checking CM? Feel free to PM me if you want - happy to walk you through some basics. 
  • awaurandawaurand member
    edited June 2017
    Eh, I obviously don't remember how the boards work. Thanks though.
  • Yeah...I'll just patiently wait my two weeks and see if the OPK was correct. I had forgotten how easily people on the bump jump to snark. I tried to be nice and introduce myself. Wrong. I apologized and asked a question, again I was wrong. So sorry I didn't scroll through the posts first...like I said it has been five years since I was last on here. I have enough snark of my own and honestly don't have the time to put up with anyone else's here, even if its just a stupid meme. Good luck in your TTC journey. Thaaanks.
  • I actually had planned on staying and was trying to figure out a way to edit the post to delete and move to the correct thread but obviously nothing can be deleted now. I loved my bump boards back in 2011-2012 and was excited to get on here to post and maybe get to know some of you the same way I got to know the girls I still call friends last time I was active. Over-zealous and posted prior to reading? Guilty. But in no way had I originally intended to post and leave a la Google. But thanks for that. I really do appreciate the actual advice and book reference. I will look into picking it up, but since this did not end as expected I will just keep my questions to myself. 
  • @awaurand If you can't handle the *mild* snark that came your way then this board is probably not for you. Which is a shame really because these ladies are amazing and I enjoy interacting with them on a daily basis. And the snark really helps with those hard TTC days.

Good luck to you, honestly we do hope you end up sticking around
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • I can absolutely handle snark, trust me. I couldn't do what I do on a daily basis if I couldn't. I just did not expect even an ounce of it out of such a post. My apologies.
  • GBCB sounds a liiiiitle dramatic, huh? Probably because it wasn't. If you read my replies I just apologized and expressed the fact that I truly was excited to post on here and did so too soon without reading. Like I said, I apologized. And yet you still continue to beat the dead horse. I was looking forward to being part of the "community" again, and like I previously mentioned, looked forward to getting to know several. But as a first post after a hiatus this has already left a bad taste in my mouth, thus I don't wish to be a part of it unfortunately. I know there are wonderful ladies on here and I hate I won't get to know them and be present to experience their journies with them. I just don't have time on a regular basis to deal with arguing behind computer keys (or phone keys). Its just silly when I posted a harmless intro/question mistakingly without further research. I'm doing what is best for me here, trying to be the bigger man. But DEFINITELY wouldn't consider it "GBCB"...that's childish.
  • izza2izza2 member
    awaurand said:
    GBCB sounds a liiiiitle dramatic, huh? Probably because it wasn't. If you read my replies I just apologized and expressed the fact that I truly was excited to post on here and did so too soon without reading. Like I said, I apologized. And yet you still continue to beat the dead horse. I was looking forward to being part of the "community" again, and like I previously mentioned, looked forward to getting to know several. But as a first post after a hiatus this has already left a bad taste in my mouth, thus I don't wish to be a part of it unfortunately. I know there are wonderful ladies on here and I hate I won't get to know them and be present to experience their journies with them. I just don't have time on a regular basis to deal with arguing behind computer keys (or phone keys). Its just silly when I posted a harmless intro/question mistakingly without further research. I'm doing what is best for me here, trying to be the bigger man. But DEFINITELY wouldn't consider it "GBCB"...that's childish.
    QFP. 'Cause why not.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Y'all are so welcoming.  :*
  • What are you even talking about regarding BOTB?
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    The one other discussion you've started, circa 2009 posted on "Babies in the Brain," commonly abbreviated as BOTB. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I'm apparently using a different username somehow; I was active in my pregnancy board for quite a while leading up to delivery and for a little while after. Not sure how it wouldn't be under this email since I've had this one for years prior to joining the bump. I'm sorry there was no mention of a prior screen name as I don't remember there being a different or why there would be. 
  • This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"