Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Check-In Week of 6/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel?
Me: 35 DH: 28
TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
Our journey has come to an end.
~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 6/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 losses, in September and March.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?
    things are going ok. But this progesterone sucks a lot. None of my clothes fit. But I have stuck with my daily yoga for the last two weeks, with the exception of when I came down with a cold last week (but I still got in 5 if the last 8 days!). 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? starting HPTs later this week

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? I usually download some Kindle books, most of the time through my library. I can never sleep sitting up (although I did get one of those trtl pillows, and that's been my best luck so far), so that's usually not an option for me.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. I have just experienced my second loss this weekend at 7.5 weeks. My first one was in 2014 due to trisomy 13. I am waiting on a call back from my OB about my next steps. 

Status: I would assume TTA for at least one cycle, will be asking that when he calls back.

Things are still very raw for me, and it really sucks having to act normal. I feel like I did not really get to morn the loss yet as we kept doing things this week that we already had planned. I do feel a bit of resentment towards my DH for that well, I know I shouldn't, but he kept wanting to do things, get together with people, go to the movies. I just wanted to lay on the couch or in bed.
    A good thing for this week is we have our company outing, and that should be fun a trip. Just nice to be outside and away from the office.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have a call in to my OB to see what my next steps are since I did not go into the ER. 

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? I do try to sleep if I can, it makes the time go super fast then :) otherwise I watch movies or listen to music. I do enjoy just letting my mind wander, so that is always fun to do on longer car trips. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, @labgrand2012, I'm sorry to see you back here. I think you should take all the time you need to process this. Have you talked about this to YH? We're here for you to vent if you need it.

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @labgrand2012 I'm so sorry you're here. I hope you get the time you need to process everything. The women on this board were lifesavers for me when I had my MC a few weeks ago and I hope you find that same comfort. 

• @labgrand2012 I'm sorry to see you here, take care of yourself.  :'( 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

I just experienced my first loss somewhere between 10 and 11 weeks. They couldn't be sure what day exactly the baby stopped growing. It was an MMC and I had a D&C on Friday. The doctor thinks it was likely chromosomal, we sent the tissue for testing. There were no issues up until that point.

This weekend was horrible, things had seemingly been going well so it seemed so abrupt and out of the blue. It still doesn't seem real. We do want to try again as soon as we can. I am scared my hcg will take months to come down. Rave- DH. He has been so incredible this weekend. He was out of town for work when I found out, which was hard. After he got home has been so supportive, but also not afraid to express himself either. I had never seen him cry/be emotional, so I was glad to see him let it out and not keep it bottled up.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? TW- sadly we were able to send our NIPT testing last Monday when everything was fine. We are supposed to get those results, including gender - back by tomorrow.  :'( Other than that I ordered some hpt's to start seeing if the lines get fainter.

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? Reading and sleeping.
  • @labgrand2012 - I'm so sorry for you're here. I just went through a loss a couple of weeks ago and I had a very hard time "trying to be normal" too. I hope you are able to find some time to relax soon. The women on this board are extremely supportive and welcoming.
  • @rachelg777 I'm so sorry for your loss. MH was also out of town when I mc'd and that was super tough on me, too. I'm glad yours is being supportive, and please use us here however you need to. 
  • @icecubeinthedesert - Good luck with your testing at the end of the week!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. - I had my first loss two weeks ago at 6w6d.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are going a lot better this week. We are organizing the house one room per week and this week is our junk room. I'm struggling with waiting, waiting to ovulate (not that I think I will this cycle), waiting for AF, etc. Patience is definitely NOT one of my virtues.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I just went for some bloodwork this morning to see if my HCG level is dropping. I'm hoping it will be lower than 20,000. TW - The night I started my miscarriage, my levels were at 56,000.- TW

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? During flights I like to watch movies. For car trips, I usually drive so that DH can answer calls/respond to work emails.
  • @rachelg777 - I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really good that your DH has been so supportive this past weekend, hopefully you two are able to help each other through this. If you need to vent or feel lost we are here for you.
  • @labgrand2012 I am so sorry for your loss, I know we were on same BMB. I think it is hard for others to understand that you absolutely need to rest and do as little as possible right now. I know how hard it is to ask for what you need (I totally am guilty of failing to do that this past weekend), but you may need to advocate for yourself and say, hey, I really cannot be doing these things right now. I need rest, a lot of it. I know for me I still cannot physically accomplish a "normal" activity day, I get so exhausted and if I don't rest I get dizzy. Don't be afraid to ask for what you need. 

@rachelg777
    I know we have talked some on the other boards, but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am for your loss. Maybe testing will help to get you some answers. Taking HPTs and hoping they get fainter and go negative has so far been a pretty surreal experience for me. 

@ChloandCoco
    I totally understand the impatience, and I know I will be the same way if my cycle takes a while to come back. I don't feel ready to try again immediately, but the thought that we can try again very soon helps me to feel a little more in control. I hope your cycle comes back soon. 

Hi y'all, I'm 35, MH is 33 (almost 34). We celebrated our second wedding anniversary in May. We are going through our first loss. My BFP was on 5/14 (like @ChloandCoco, @labgrand2012, and @rachelg777, I was Jan 2018 BMB). At our first u/s on 6/8, when I should have been 7w1d, all the dr could see was an empty sac measuring about 5w. To be that wrong on dates I would have needed to conceive after my tests were positive, so I knew it was a bad sign. I started bleeding a couple days later, and at my follow-up appt on 6/13 inevitable miscarriage was confirmed. I took Misoprostol that day because the waiting was too much for me. My dr said we could try as soon as we feel ready. Right now the plan is for us to wait one cycle. I have a follow-up dr's appt on 6/29 to confirm that all has passed and hCG is going back down. The highest measurement of hCG I have was 3800 and that was taken 6/13. 

So, I know this thread doesn't necessarily need TWs, but, if you don't want to hear about a baby shower, babies, or a panic attack, don't read this. My sister is due with her first in July and I co-hosted her shower on Saturday. Obviously the timing could not have been worse. My family lives a plane ride away so I flew in on Friday. My sister and my mom knew what was going on and tried their best to support me, but, neither of them have been through this, and it was just all baby all the time. My sister and I got our nails done Friday afternoon and our technicians talked about their own pregnancies and kids with my sister the whole time. I made it through the day but then when I tried to go to sleep I started to get so upset I had a panic attack. I called MH at 1 am hyperventilating. I finally calmed down enough to go to sleep for a little while on a couch, then the whole house woke up when my other sister realized I wasn't in the room with her. Cue my two sisters trying to comfort me at 4:30 in the morning with my very pregnant sister's baby kicking me in the back while she hugged me. Seriously. My sister happened to have some Ativan from an old prescription and I took that before the shower, it's the only way I made it through. It is a baby laden blur. I even held a baby at one point and I repeatedly explained baby related shower games. Then the drug started to wear off and I started to panic again and had to leave, luckily that was right at the end. I decided I just couldn't be there and needed MH and booked a flight home that same night. I got home super late and MH picked me up at the airport. I probably slept 18 hours in a 24 hour period. I am at work today and have only cried twice so, which is an improvement. I am struggling with how little help I was to MH yesterday. It was of course father's day and he lost his dad six years ago. It's a hard holiday for him anyway and he admitted it was very hard yesterday. I did do grocery shopping and make dinner, and we did have lunch together, but other than that I basically was asleep the whole day.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Going in for follow-up 6/29 to check hCG and make sure all has cleared. 

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? I love a good podcast. Some of may favorites are Freakonomics, Radiolab, and Two Dope Queens. 
  • @zamora_spin - I am so sorry you had to go through all that. It sounds like you did the right thing by flying home sooner. I hope you can take some time to rest after that weekend.
  • Thanks for your support ladies. Quick question- did any of you lactate after loss? 

@zamora_spin That sounds like an incredibly tough weekend, I'm so sorry! I think that would be enough to make anybody breakdown. I can't imagine. 
  • @rachelg777 I have read that some women do experience lactation post mc. I did not, but my mmc was earlier than yours. Are you experiencing it now? 
  • @zamora_spin Wow, that is a tough weekend, I'm sorry. Kudos to you for making it on here, though. Do you have a doc who can prescribe you something for panic attacks?

------------------

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC on 5/31/17 at 5.5 wks

We decided to jump back in and try again right away. I got my CH this morning and I think we had good timing. I'm struggling with whether or not to get my hopes up. back to back MCs would suck and I'm starting to wonder if I should've just been patient and wait a cycle. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? NA

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? I bring a book everywhere I go. And the power of eye masks while travelling cannot be understated.
  • thank you all for the support and sympathy. It is nice to have a place to talk about the loss. 

@icecubeinthedesert, I did stay something to him last night and he said that I am not the only going through this and that he doesn't want to sit around and moop. I told him that I do and he is taking my grieving time away from me. I know it is easier for him to forget what is going on since he physically isn't going through what I am, but no, I do not want to get up off this couch to feed the dogs. 

@rachelg777, @zamora_spin and @chloandcoco Thank you both. As nice as it is see some additional familiar names, I wish it wasn't on this board.  

BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
  • @looeeze - Congrats on getting CHs! DH and I both agreed to jump back in, but I keep flip-flopping on whether or not we should wait a cycle.
  • @zamora_spin yes I am. Just trying to dry it up I guess. 
  • Ugh, @rachelg777, that must be really hard. I did a quick google and found this article that might be helpful, hopefully someone else on here has some firsthand experience: https://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/lactation-after-loss-dealing-with-breastmilk-supply-after-loss/ 

• @rachelg777 - I didn't lactate after this loss (but it happened at 6w6d). But it helps to wear a tight sports bra and to put a cabbage leaf in the bra.    TW**That's what I did with my first pregnancy and it helped a lot.**End Tw
  • @looeeze I'm kind of hoping it was a one-time thing but if I need to get medication I could probably ask my OBGYN. I am in between GP's at the moment but am in the process of finding one. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    back to back losses. sept 2016 and december 16. been benched ever since per my OB due to my thyroid mostly

Status: we burned the bench this cycle. OPKs turned neg again today so i'm hoping for a temp jump tomorrow. fingers are crossed atleast.

i'm just nervous. had my thyroid checked a couple weeks ago and it was really low (which isn't normal for me). it was also that low when i got pregnant with my 2nd loss. so of course i'm assuming all the bad things will happen again if i get pregnant again with it like this. but my ovulation was really really weird that cycle... so i'll just watch for those signs. if it happens again, we'll stop till next cycle. plus also... i'm so scared to do this all again. i took the first loss ok.. second was harder.. i don't know wtf i'll do if it happens again.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? i'm do for a thyroid recheck in a week or so. but think i'll wait till the tww is over (if its starting today that is)

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? if i'm by myself, old CDs and singing super loud. if its with DH or friend, lots of bullshitting. 

@icecubeinthedesert lots of luck later this week!!

@labgrand2012 i'm so sorry for your loss. i hope the work outting helps take your mind off things even for alittle bit. sometimes i wonder if the husbands look at it differently cause they don't deal with the physical side of the pregnancy or the loss. 

@rachelg777 i'm so sorry for your loss. i found out the gender of my second loss with we got the d&c results back. something about hearing that made it so much more real. 

@chloandcoco waiting was/has been the worst for me also. hope those numbers really drop for you today.

@zamora_spin oh wow. i am so sorry. you are so strong to have made it through what you did this weekend. sending you so many hugs.

@looeeze sending you so much luck this tww!

it really makes me sad how many 'new' losses there are on this board. sending hugs to everyone!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @zamora_spin Hope you get it if you need it. I have a stash of Xanax that came in pretty handy right after I had my MC.

@catlady1215 FX for CH!
  • @rachelg777, sorry you are joining us here as well. Late first trimester losses suck, especially once you've heard a healthy heartbeat. Take all the time you need to process things. I did not lactate after either of my losses (one at 12w, but was measuring 8w, the other at 10w, but measuring 6w). But I suppose it depends on how early the loss was, as well as hormonal differences between people). 

@ChloandCoco, great job at bringing some organization back to your house! I'm doing the same sort of thing with top to bottom cleaning of rooms in my house. It's nice to keep busy.

@zamora_spin, I'm so sorry you're back here. And I can't believe you made it through that party. I'm pretty sure I would have bailed. In fact, with my second loss, I cancelled my trip to Canada for my niece's first birthday (granted, I did end up actively miscarrying the day we were supposed to leave, but we had been waiting for it to come naturally for 3 weeks). Kudos to you, but sorry there will be some sad memories tied to get shower for you.

@looeeze, I hear you on the decision to jump back in the cycle after a loss. It was almost hard for me to accept that it failed the first time, and I was so anxious to start again asap.

@labgrand2012, my DH and I were kind of the opposite with my first loss. After my d&c was over, my emotional stuff went away with it. But DH was still processing it. It was like my physical pain was tied to my emotional pain. The second time, I waited 3 weeks after learning of MMC to MC naturally (avoiding repeat d&c as recommended by my OB). That time DH moved on emotionally before I even started miscarrying, so he was much less sympathetic to my physical pain. 

@catlady1215, I think that high TSH is more commonly associated with MC, but I could be biased on my research of that since mine was borderline high with both losses (and normally too). Butt definitely get it checked out, as it can be a sign of some scary health issues too.

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @icecubeinthedesert *Hugs* Progesterone really is the worst. I hate all the side effects.
    @heatherdubrow Thinking of you!
    @labgrand2012 I'm so sorry that you find yourself here. I hope you hear back from your OB quickly. Honestly, I would talk to YH. Try to remember that everyone processes grief differently. It may be that he is wanting to keep the plans because he wants to try to move forward or he isn't ready to confront his grief yet.
    @rachelg777 I'm so sorry that YH wasn't able to be there when you found out. It sounds like he's been incredibly supportive since he's gotten back though.
    @ChloandCoco I'm glad things are better this week. FX your levels go down quickly.
    @zamora_spin Nooooo! While I'm happy to have another geek wife, I never wanted you to come back like this. I'm so sorry that you had to go through so much this weekend.
    @looeeze Yay for CHs and good timing. FX for you!
    @catlady1215 *Hugs* FX your thyroid levels get better.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. Loss at 5.5 weeks in December and CP in March. Potential LPD.

Things are actually going really well so far. Last week I was having a really hard time with accepting that I was on cycle 10. This week I've made my peace with it. I'm actually kind of excited that I have my appt scheduled with my OB to discuss my progesterone levels and get a referral to an RE. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have to see an RE but I feel more relaxed that I kind of have the next steps laid out in case this cycle isn't successful.

DH and I went camping this weekend. We had so much fun! The only bad part was that it rained, and the tent flooded so we ended up sleeping half the night in the car. Other than that though it was great, and I've already picked out a tent for us to get (the one we were using we borrowed from DH's dad).

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just OPKs

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel?
    So DH and I play this game called "Cows" when we're on road trips. It's just something fun to pass the time. Rules in spoiler.
    1. You get 1 point when you pass cows on your side of the car.
    2. You get 2 points when you pass an adult store on your side of the car (family friendly version is flashing lights).
    3. You double your points if you pass a single lama on your side of the car.
    4. You lose your points if you pass a cemetery on your side of the car UNLESS your points are banked.
    5. Your points are banked when you stop. We're not talking just stopping at a stop sign. At least one person has to get out of the car so we're talking rest stops, bathroom breaks, meal breaks, filling up on gas, etc.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KariAnn323, that game sounds like so much fun! I grew up in the Midwest, so it would have been a day paced game. But here in AZ we'd have to adapt it (saguaros instead of cows maybe?).

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @icecubeinthedesert that's pretty much what I've read also. So I'm glad someone else has too! I had a long 2 wks of almost positive and positive OPKS last time, and I have a completely, irrational, uneducated fear it messed with my egg... which then caused the loss. And I blame the weird 2 wks on the low tsh cause... Well i have a crazy paranoid mind that had nothing else to blame it on lol. 
    My endo dr is shockingly not concerned. Last month I was just double dosing on Sundays cause it was alittle high the month before. So I stopped those extra pills and I'm praying that's enough. We'll see.

Doing well. Excited since this is a short week for me. Roller Skating Regionals was this past weekend (and yesterday which is why I'm responding late) and I did well and am glad that stress is behind me. We're leaving tomorrow to go to SIL's for her wedding this weekend. Have some fun things planned and hope that all goes well. The stupid twat 19 yo who just popped out her baby will be there with the 6 week old... but I think I should handle this way better than the newborn at the shower that I skipped. I'm just in a better place emotionally right now and it will be a much bigger crowd where I shouldn't have to sit near her or anything.

GTKY: What's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained during long flights, car trips, or other travel? For my weekday commutes I listen to audiobooks. Sometimes I do this on longer car trips too if it's just me. But if DH is there, he usually drives and I will read or sew. I usually read or sew on a plane. I will sleep if I can slouch against the window or turn onto my side, but I can't sleep laying on my back or I get a horrible stomach ache and nauseous (#1 reason why I hate reclining airline seats). 

@icecubeinthedesert Sorry about the progesterone weight/bloating. 

labgrand2012 Sorry for the rushing weekend with DH. I hope you can find some time for you soon so that you can try to heal from your second loss. Communication with your DH is key. Like you said, he’s not feeling the same hormones, emotions, and feelings that you are because it’s not happening to his body. Although I understand the keeping busy to distract yourself approach, he needs to be reminded that a medical tragedy just happened to your body, that you probably still have PG hormones in your body, that your emotions and hormones are a mess, and that you just cannot function as well right now. This can be a very difficult thing for men to understand sometimes.

rachelg777 Sorry for your loss and sorry about the NIPT testing results coming in at a bad time. Any chance those results could help determine the cause of your MC?

ChloandCoco Hope your levels are still dropping!

zamora_spin Sorry about the shower and having an awful time. ☹ It’s amazing you did as many things as you were able to. Hopefully you’ll be in a bit of a better emotional state by the time the baby actually arrives, it’s hard when these things happen so close to your loss and you’re already on emotional overload. Especially since non-loss friends and family don’t seem to get it and don’t know what to do to help/support you. Hoping you can find some peace soon.

rachelg777 I’ve only had very early losses so I’ve never had lactation. I know ladies on the TTCAL board have experienced lactation with their later losses.

KariAnn323 LMAO. I love this Cows game!!!! I’m totally going to have to play it at some point.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Thanks, @catlady1215 and @dpjennifer for the encouragement. If it had been anyone else's shower I wouldn't have gone. I skipped a work party last night 30% didn't want to see people, 70% didn't want to see the toddlers I knew would be there. 

@KariAnn323 so good to see you too, even if I wish it was on a BMB instead. I love the cow game! My sister and I play and have taught our spouses to play but our game has morphed over the years. One point per cow and then we have other categories you can "win". Teepees can be counted - we used to do a drive where we'd see 2-3 teepees. Gazebos and mobile homes have also been categories before, as well as goats.  Cemeteries and McDonald's cause cows to die. We've never done banking but I'm intrigued. 
  • @catlady1215 - Did you get a temp jump today?
    @KariAnn323 - I'm going to have to play the "cows" game next time DH and I go for a road trip. It sounds like a lot of fun!
    @dpjennifer - I hope you have fun at your SIL's wedding!

I got my results back and my HCG level went down to 193 (from 55,000). The nurse seems to think it will be down to 0 by next week, so I don't need to go back in for more bloodwork.
  • @ChloandCoco I'm sorry for why it's down, but I'm glad that your HCG is going down so quickly. That'll put you back in commission (at least physically) sooner than you were anticipating, right?
  • @looeeze - Exactly, it's bittersweet, but it means my body is getting back to normal fairly quickly.
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited June 2017
    @chloandcoco ehhh like half a degree higher than what it has been all cycle. but OPKs are very negative today. so I'm praying its going to keep going up and just be a slow rise.. and NOT a fake out and the positive OPKs didn't result in anything. I really really hate the '3day wait' (what I call it lol) of waiting for O confirmation lol.

and I'm glad to hear your body is getting back to normal for you. like you said, very bittersweet.
  • labgrand2012labgrand2012 member
    edited June 2017
    @Rachelg777 TW - with my first loss I was 14 weeks, and I had my cycle returned 5 weeks after my D&C.  

ETA wrong number
  • @labgrand2012 thank you! I am hoping that is the case. I am very irregular, like every few months. I think that is what has me concerned.
  • @rachelg777 I'm sorry, that must bring forward a lot of emotions to get those results and know the gender. I hope you are able to get some helpful answers from the further testing, but I also know sometimes there is not a good explanation for why this happens. Yes, I totally recommend the third party labs for extra testing if you want it. I ended up being really glad that I had it done before my first u/s appt even though things ended up the way they did. 
  • @rachelg777 - I really recommend getting your HCG levels check if you think it will help. It really helped me get a general idea of when I should expect my HCG levels to get back down to 0. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es) , diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

Hi. I'm Laura and just had my first loss between 5 and 6 weeks on 2 June. I had a "natural" miscarriage and my doctor encouraged us to jump right back into trying unless we felt the need to wait. We are trying for a sibling for DS, who will be 2 in August and I have struggled with taking a long time to conceive ((17 months over 2 and a half years for DS and then 15 months before my loss)). My doctor had started the process of checking my hormones/etc to see if we needed a referral to an RE when I got my BFP. She seems to think my problems stem from anxiety and stress. I started the lowest dose of a pregnancy-safe anxiety med  about 6 weeks before my BFP.

I think I've spent the past month assuring people that "I'm okay" after losing my baby. So I'm okay. Most days I don't have time to be upset because DS is into all.the.things and I've decided to KonMari my life. :smile:

I'm struggling with the idea of POAS ((or AF)) next week. Losing a baby is a total mindfuck and I know that seeing two pink lines will never be the same again--at the same time I think a BFN/AF is going to be a lot harder too. And I don't think any amount of waiting is going to make either of those emotional roller coasters better.

Last week I had a ton of energy and felt like I was getting back to normal, but this week I've been hit with a big case of the "I feel exhausted"-s. Despite that I'm still 5 boxes in to minimizing our stuff and overall the four rooms I've been working in, have stayed more or less straight. So that's something I've been doing well.

Rant: DH and I had a huge fight on Father's Day that I still feel bad over. He's a great dad and husband who does tons around the house but there's still a bunch of crap that I have to "nag" him ((he says it's "reminding")) over and I was all hangry so... fight. Ha. He's been making up with me all week but I still feel guilty and emotional.

Flights: I used to bring a book, then my iPad/eReader and now I spend flights dispensing snacks and keep a toddler entertained and calm. Occasionally I still get to read on my iPad or watch a movie.

Car Trips: I'm usually the official navigator so I check traffic/Waze and avoid any delays if possible, and decide if we have time for any cool pit stops. I also use the time to catch up on editing photos, especially when we are road tripping home from somewhere fun.

@labgrand2012 I'm sorry for your loss. It can be hard to do all the things you had planned and pretending to be fine, when you are upset and emotional. I hope you get a break to grieve and reset soon. I know it's hard to understand when our partners grieve differently than we do. I'm sending lots of ❤ your way. Anddd I just read your response about him not wanting you to mope and now I am super sad/upset for you. I'm sorry he isn't more understanding. 

@rachelg777 I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. I hope you get some time to process. I also think it might not take as long as you think for your HCG to go down--have you been doing blood tests regularly to check your levels? I'm especially sorry you had to deal with this while your DH was OOT but I'm so glad he is taking care of you now. Sending creepy internet hugs. Just from a different perspective, I think the hardest part for me with losing this baby is not know if they were a boy or a girl. ❤

@ChloandCoco I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to organize their house! I hope the process is going well for you. I am glad your HCG levels have dropped off for you. It took two weeks for mine to get low enough ((under 5)) and I hated having the reminder every time I had to go back for another blood draw. Sending love your way. ❤

@rachelg777 @zamora_spin @ChloandCoco I guess it's shocking to me that your doctors aren't planning regular blood draws?? My HCG dropped significantly in the 48 hours I was miscarrying, but the doctors were very concerned about it going down to below 5 and had me continue to do regular blood draws until it finally did. They were concerned that it not going down might mean I needed a D&C to get something left behind?? I'm sorry. I don't mean to bring up painful things, I'm just curious/worried at why your doctors don't seem as concerned?

@zamora_spin I know I've said this before, but that whole shower situation sounds rough. You are so amazing to still support your sister after everything you have going on. As for Father's Day/your DH, I hope you cut yourself a little slack. Your body needed the sleep and I'm glad you didn't just push through. Sending creepy internet hugs your way. And I know I've mentioned this on another thread, but if you think it might help, don't hesitate to ask for some anxiety meds. I just started taking the lowest dose of one that is safe for pregnancy and it has made a huge difference. For me, once I had my first panic attack about ten years ago, it opened the door for more of them, and more triggers. I really hope you don't have another one. They are awful. ❤

@looeeze you took the words right out of my mouth ((I'm struggling with whether or not to get my hopes up. back to back MCs would suck and I'm starting to wonder if I should've just been patient and wait a cycle. ))<--this is exactly how I feel. I hope it helps a little to know that you are not alone. 

@catlady1215 Yay for burning the bench--sending all the good vibes your way. I'm sorry that you are so anxious. I hope this is a good month. 

@KariAnn323 That game is similar to a slightly inappropriate game DH and I played on the east coast and in England--we played tractor spotting and the number of tractors you earn can be cashed in for "favors" :wink: Obviously there aren't very many tractors in the desert, so out here we play "Ford Sportracks"--it still surprises me how many there are considering they didn't make that many. They must all be out here!

• @mdfarmchick I'm glad your DS is keeping you busy  :). Also since starting your anxiety med, hopefully this time will prove easier for you as well. I'll be sending positive vibes and strength your way next week when you test! 

@zamora_spin @chloandCoco @mdfarmchick re: hcg, thanks all for the encouragement! I went yesterday to a 3rd party lab and had it drawn, got the results today. TW- it was 817 and I'm so encouraged by the result! That has to mean it dropped quickly. End TW- as far as some OB's continuing with follow up testing for it I'm not really sure! I am not sure if they plan to test it at my 2 week follow up or not. Maybe it has to do with the way the loss happened? Like you said @mdfarmchick, the likelihood of retaining tissue? Or just the OB's personal preference.. I have no good answer. 
  • Thanks @rachelg777 I will take all the good vibes. I'm glad that your numbers have gone down. ❤️