Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check In: Week of June 19th!

edited June 2017 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday ladies!!!

How was everyone’s Father’s Day?

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:

@Kp214 EDD 9/25/17 with 1 boy!
@emilye13 EDD 9/28/17 with 1 girl!
@emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 with TWIN girls!
@ChocolateIsLife EDD 10/21/17 with 1 girl!
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Joslynj11
 EDD 10/26/17 with 1 girl!
@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17 with TWINS boys!
@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17 with 1 boy!
@sasha92-2 EDD 11/08/17 with 1 bean!
@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17 with 1 girl!
@srh18  EDD 10/6 with TRIPLETS!!
@hibiscus118  EDD 11/11 with 1 girl!
@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with 1 bean!

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with 1 boy!

QOTW: Have you decided how the first few months with baby will be? Co-sleeping/PNP/Bassinet/Crib etc? 

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2nd Trimester Check In: Week of June 19th!

• Hello!! We are 22w3d with a little girl FTM. 

This weekend was so busy with Father's Day get togethers, but it was nice to see everyone. I made a card for DH for his first expectant Father's Day gift, and I thought it was so sweet and then I started ugly crying when I gave it to him, and ended up getting makeup all over his shirt.  :D Also, baby Natalie kicked big for him last night so he was able to feel it for the first time! That of course made me start crying again... :D

QOTW: We have gone back and forth so many times about this, but we ultimately are getting a pack n play  that has a bassinet. It just makes the most sense for us. Portable and extends to toddlerhood. We bought our crib over the weekend though and got a pretty great deal at BRU, so I'm excited about that! ended up being $350 less than what we would have paid at Amazon.

Here is a pic of the crib, and card I made DH. I don't mind that our faces are in it at this point.

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    Hello!
    18w4d over here. This weekend was our "name reveal" party, where we announce baby's name (and subsequently the gender as well). It went great! We did a Facebook live video since we have a lot of family and friends in different places, and we had about 10 people come in person. We went around and asked gender predictions and EVERYONE except two people thought it was a boy! Many people were shocked (including my Mom) to see its a girl... named:

We decided on the name Hazel Summerlyn. We wanted an "S" middle name because we thought it'd be cute to match DH's initials. But I didn't like any of the S names I'd come across... so I made one up! : )

Father's Day was bittersweet. I did get DH a card and a little mug that says "Dad to be", but this is my second Father's Day since my Dad took his own life about two years ago, so it was also a little rough. I'm hoping as the years go by I'll be able to still celebrate and think of my Dad on Fathers Day, and also make it a special day for DH.

QOTW: I think we've decided on a bassinet or rock n play of some sort next to our bed for the first few months. Maybe longer, but at least at first! : )

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all!  I didn´t get a chance to check in last week.  We had our anatomy scan Friday and found out we have a healthy little GIRL!  @ChocolateIsLife can you update that next week?  

The scan itself was pretty long.  She was not being cooperative with all of the pictures but they got most.  I will be going to the MFM every 4 weeks for growth scans so they said they would get them at next appt.  The Dr. was trying to see exactly where the cord was attached to the placenta.  I guess it´s on the very edge of the placenta versus in the center?  He didn´t seem too concerned and I think I was more excited to find out she was healthy and watching that I didn´t fully understand so I will ask more about it next time.  They will also be checking growth because my high BP from before I got pregnant.  I have an appt. Friday with my regular OB.

We had a gender reveal on Saturday afternoon for all our family and friends.  It was so much fun!  Our main purpose of it was to reveal boy/girl, but also to just celebrate finally being where we are and our little bean.  Everyone was so excited for us and to have another little girl.  

QOTW:  I´m not sure what we´re doing yet.  We´ll have a crib for sure.  My SIL just offered for us to borrow a bassinet so we will probably set that up in our bedroom or living room for the first couple months.  We went to Babies R us yesterday and are seriously overwhelmed with all the things! 

TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• @hibiscus118 yay congrats on finding out! I just updated the list. We had the same experience at Buy Buy Baby. The amount of car seats and strollers nearly gave me a panic attack!  :D

@lefemmeviolette I love the name! It is so earthy (also I love you dress <3) I am so sorry about your father, and I hope over time that you will be able to celebrate and remember. Hugs.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife ahh I love your Father's Day card! And love the name Natalie if I didn't say that already :) Love the crib!

@LeFemmeViolette I LOVE the name Hazel! Beautiful picture too. And I'm so sorry about your dad and father's day. My mom passed away almost 6 years ago and I think Mother's Day will always be a little rough for me, but having a baby does help. I do something special with my daughter now that my mom would've loved (hiking, picnic) and I still cried this year but it's a little better. Many hugs.

@hibiscus118 congrats!! Girls are so fun!!! (as are boys I'm sure haha, I'll find out, but I can vouch that girls are so fun!)

We're doing good here, I looked at a calendar and realized how fast summer is already flying! Still chipping away at nursery and getting things for the baby. You'd think I'd be set but with a 4+ year age gap (and different gender) I'm definitely making lists of things we'll need, especially not having a shower this time around.

QOTW I'm open. My daughter had terrible reflux and slept SO well in the rock n play next to our bed for 3, almost 4 months. She was a pretty quiet sleeper though. I'll have the rock n play set up again (I know pediatricians frown upon it but... she was an amazing sleeper and I truly thank that thing, it kept her upright if she spit, and I could just rock her if she needed a little nighttime love while still laying in bed). My friend is lending us a Halo bassinet, apparently also amazing, so we'll use whichever the baby prefers. IF he's a loud sleeper, then his time with us will be short haha, but the 3-4 months worked well with my daughter. She got to sleeping 12 hours around then but still transitioned easily to the crib.
  • @Polythene Pam ahh thank you!!! I can't believe how fast June has gone by, its tripping me out! That is great that you found something that worked for you. I can only imagine how challenging reflux was. The Halo bassinet seriously looks like a dream, and we were going to get that. 

Unrelated, but I am nervous about our baby having colic. Every person that I know that has had a c-section, has had a baby with colic, and I wish there was a way to minimize this.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife my daughter had what I lovingly called "the witching hour" where, between 6 and 8pm, she'd scream and was inconsolable. Not saying that to scare you but more to say... everything is a stage. When we were in it, we'd rock her, feed her, hush her, turn on the vacuum (sometimes worked, so weird haha), and finally, put her down, safe and fed, and just sit outside for 5 minutes to regroup. Then suddenly... it was over and she was going to bed at 6pm instead of crying. So any "negative" thing the baby is going through, DOES and will pass :) It's why I say I'm open to nighttime though, I know everyone has a different recommendation but I will do whatever that baby likes the most to get everyone some sleep, haha. I've had a lot of friends with c sections who had dream babies, who knows what makes them tick the way they do so I hope you don't worry too much! You'll be an amazing mom no matter what personality Natalie has :)
  • stella_700stella_700 member
    edited June 2017
    Hello ladies! @ChocolateisLife, thanks for being the board leader. I'm so happy we are here.

I'm just at 14w1d with di-di twins. Due date is 12-17(single) but I'm hoping they come early December/late November. I'm 38 and going to be a FTM after a successful FET in March. DH and I are so excited. We have an appointment June 30th where we hope to find out the sexes, if the babies cooperate. We are still waiting for the results on our genetic testing, so that is our latest worry.

@lefemmeviolette I like your name choice very much, I also love your dress in the picture!

Update: Blood work came back good, normal babies so far! And at least one of them is a BOY!

• srh18srh18 member
    Hi everyone! 

18+3 here with my triplet boys. Everyone is doing great and growing so fast! It's a heavy appt week for me-I had an OB appt today, MFM tomorrow, and pulmonologist on Thursday. These appts are surely getting a bit overwhelming but on the bright side we see our boys at least once a week. Definitely not complaining about that!!  I also started a project this weekend for the nursery--I'm painting and decorating large wooden alphabet letters for the nursery. We're doing an aqua, gray, and pale yellow color scheme so that's the plan for the letters too. I'm pretty excited for how it's coming together!! 

QOTW--we are getting an arm's reach co-sleeper for our trio and when they get too big we'll transition to cribs in the nursery. I'm fond of many of the principles of attachment parenting, including SAFE co-sleeping, so I'm happy that we were able to find something to safely co-sleep with all three. 

My question for all of you--does anyone ever feel they have to justify the existence of their babies due to ivf? Maybe it's because of multiples but I get the "are they natural" question a lot and I find myself feeling like I have to justify that they're still real despite being conceived via ivf. This is silly, I know. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? 

@LeFemmeViolette I LOVE hazel. Have to say I'm a fan of Summerlyn too--my first name is Summer. :) 

@ChocolateIsLife what a lovely first Father's Day for your DH. :) so sweet that Natalie participated too. 

@Polythene Pam I agree about time flying this summer!! I realized I have AT MOST 15 weeks 4 days until my guys are here. That is not enough time!! 

• @srh18 with only having one baby people only know we did IVF if I mention it (which I'm very open so I do easily!) so I don't get the same questions. I DO have some very mixed family though. Both my sisters were adopted so both of them and some aunts were asking a lot of questions about why we didn't go that route and a lot of "but those babies need a home!" Which trust me we looked and started that route too, I find myself getting defensive explaining myself though. It's just a strange conversation to have when we're so excited to be here.

@PoeMasque we'll be coming to you lots for tips I'm sure!! Great advice :) my husband thought he was a genius for figuring out the vacuum haha so good to hear it's actually ok (I always thought I was screwing up my daughters hearing, but she's ok now ;)
  • Hi All! Oh my goodness! So many cool things happening with all of you! Love the names @ChocolateIsLife and @LeFemmeViolette! I had a nice father's day weekend. We just had dinner with family and hung around chatting for a while.  I am 16.5 weeks now and whenever I sit back and relax for a few minutes, I can feel flutters that I know are my baby. So cool! :blush: 

I won't have another appointment for about a month, so DH and I are planning to get baby's room ready to give us something to focus on. I have so many ideas and it has been hard to resist buying everything all at once. First step is to declutter the room. We have all of our bookshelves in there and we have a pretty massive book collection that has accumulated over the years, so we need to do some donating I think. I am very excited to get started and get our baby's room in order! We are planning to do a Harry Potter themed nursery (we're both huge fans and love the pics we've seen of what other people have done). DH is Ravenclaw and I'm Slytherin (not evil I promise, just ambitious!) so we're thinking we will add touches of both. Other idea we were batting around was a Skyrim themed nursery since we are both huge fans of that video game. Either way, super pumped to get started on it!  

QOTW: For sleeping arrangements, we will probably keep a bassinet in our bedroom for the first few months. I was just looking at Halo bassinets @PolythenePam!  We're also planning to get a crib with changing table and small dresser attached (similar to the one you got @ChocolateIsLife). We'll probably go with a dark brown or black though.

@LeFemmeViolette I'm very sorry for your loss. My husband lost his dad a few years ago, so father's day is a sad day for him, too. I do not know if it will get easier or not, but I think it is healthy to allow yourself to feel sad and find your own ways to honor his memory. <3
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lafemmeviolette - huge hugs!  I hope those fathers days get a little easier each year.

Hi everyone!  I know i havent been around for what seems like too long!  I'm 21 weeks today.  We finally had the anatomy scan yesterday and foind out that both babies are boys.  (please update @ChocolateIsLife )  We are super excited!  Only while we have one name locked in, we can't seem to decide on the other.  Guess its good we have a few more months to figure it out!

Father's day was good - we just spent some time with family.

QOTW:  dd slept either next to us or between us for the first year.  We are hoping they sleep in a pack n play next to us until they grow out of it and then into the crib they go.  I find it so much easier to be next to us when they still wake up in the middle of the night - everything within arms length and I'm hoping they get quiet quick.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @ChocolateIsLife thanks for updating the list!  DH and I have gone to look at the larger items the past couple times.  I think we decided on a carseat/stroller.  Most of the "smaller items" I am planning on taking my SIL with me for.  She had a baby last year and I feel like she can help me more than myself or DH can haha. Plus, he doesn't care all that much about most of it.  

@LeFemmeViolette I love your name! 

@srh18 I don't feel as though I have to justify doing IVF, but we only have a singleton.  I can see where people would think differently with multiples but they can get over it.  I am pretty open with our struggles now though.   Close family and friends knew what we were going through, but we got a lot of "it's about time!" when we announced since we have been together so long.  

@hopeby2015 congrats on boys!!! 

@Jeansis we need to declutter our nursery too.  I told DH yesterday that I am so excited to work on the nursery, but the decluttering part I am dreading and have no interest in starting!  I will be 20 weeks this weekend, I need to get on it! 
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• Finally checking in again! 20 weeks today (woohoo halfway there!) with our nugget, hopefully we find out Friday whether it's a he or a she, and just like last week, everyone's driving me crazy with it.  I swear, if my MIL asks me one more time "do you know what my baby is yet?" I'm going to choke her.  Not only because she knows full well we will tell her as soon as we find out, but also because I just bristle when she calls this baby "my baby" because no, it's not her baby, she's had four, this is MY baby.  Which I know is totally irrational but I blame hormones. 

Father's Day was its usual hot mess with DH's family, but it's that way every year, so no surprise.

QOTW: I registered for an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper, which I've gotten good feedback on both online and in person from friends and family with new babies.  The goal is to keep baby in with us for the first few months, at least, to make nursing a little easier, then transition to the crib once baby outgrows the co-sleeper.  Of course, this is all contingent on DH getting his snoring under control, or I'll be sleeping on the couch, baby in the pack n play, and DH up in bed with the cat, snoring their brains out together, lol. 
  • Happy Wednesday Ladies! I am so glad to already be halfway through the week! Sorry for the late check in but this week has been crazy. We are working with one less person right now and I must say I really can't wait tile we hire someone else.

@ChocolateIsLife Love the crib!! Its so funny DH and I picked the same one just in gray. We are going to go with pink and gray colors in the nursery.  Also love the name Natalie :)

@LeFemmeViolette I love the name Hazel and your reveal party sounds really fun!

@hibiscus118 Congrats on the little girl! 

So I'm checking in the morning at 21+6 with a little girl! We have a OB check up tomorrow morning but other than that nothing big with the Dr. DH and I tried to finally register and pick out big things together so I could go add little stuff here and there and we decided on BRU because they had the crib we liked. Well, we got there and went through the whole process of signing up and scanning things for like an hour only to get ready to leave and find out that nothing saved to our scanner! At that point I was so annoyed I was like we'll just come back. I really just wanted his opinion on big things anyways  :D haha Its annoying I have to do it again but oh well!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Thanks @Polythene Pam and @PoeMasque for the encouraging words. It is comforting to hear your experiences. <3

@joslynj11 we just picked the crib up from BRU yesterday and I'm so excited to set it up! That is frustrating that the scanner messed up! 

@jeansis I hear you on decluttering the nursery room! It has kind of been our room to stuff things in when company is coming over, so I've been avoiding tackling that.  :D I love your HP theme idea!!! You will have to post pics! <3

@srh18 I haven't necessarily had to justify her existence, but I have had many people ask me if we got to choose what she looked like (eye color/hair color etc). I laughed the first time someone asked me that because I thought they were joking, but they weren't. These aren't designer babies that we are creating, we are just wanting to grow our family and have a healthy baby to love. It just feels like a superficial question.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hibiscus118 yeah I've been pretty open about the "long journey" to get where we are in terms of pregnancy, too. 

@ChocolateIsLife great crib! We ordered ours on Sunday but it won't be delivered until August. 

26+2 today with my little girl. Had an OB appointment on Wednesday and all went well, although I had my first real "growth spurt" on the scale with a 6 lb gain since last appt. I cried because that's apparently my default emotion, but the OB said it was right in line overall, and my total weight gain has only been about 10 lbs, so that was somewhat reassuring. I had just gained a lot with the IF drugs and stress over the last several months before pregnancy, so every extra pound freaks me out a bit. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm getting the house ready for a little BBQ to celebrate summer and my birthday tomorrow. Needless to say, it won't be quite the crazy bash it has been in years past! 

QOTW: We are planning on a bassinet in our bedroom for first 6 months. My sister never used hers because her babies all co-slept, so I have a basically brand new free one to try out!