June 2017 Moms

Real talk

what are some questions you have burning in your mind?

ill start... can you bust your stitches open during your first poop? Asking for a friend.... 

Re: Real talk

• @neludelu lol I have no idea, but I highly recommend taking colace if you can. I took it for quite a while after delivery.
  • neludelu said:

ill start... can you bust your stitches open during your first poop? Asking for a friend.... 
    I don't think so, I managed to come home with a cold so I was worried about busting my stitches coughing. I asked the dr and she said it's so moist down there it starts healing day 3 usually. She wasn't worried at all. Also take your stool softener, tmi but I already had my first poop and it was very soft and didn't hurt at all because the hospital gave my colace everyday. Peeing is way scarier to me. I took the stool softeners until I ran out of the bottle with dd and never had a scary poop. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctors and nurses all told me not to "push" or force a bowel movement. I assumed it was due to the possibility of busting stitches but I didn't ask. I would just take your stool softener and eat a high fiber diet. 
  • @neludelu I wasn't terrified of this!! I took the two colace a day and it was no big deal. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• The reason I join these boards is to help myself be educated by internet strangers. I remember being legit scared of my 1st PP poop but no one told me about colace!!! 
    I had never heard of Raspberry leaf tea or dates either. Apparently my May '13 board was full of slackers (just kidding, I learned a shit ton from them too!)
  • The reason I join these boards is to help myself be educated by internet strangers. I remember being legit scared of my 1st PP poop but no one told me about colace!!! 
    I had never heard of Raspberry leaf tea or dates either. Apparently my May '13 board was full of slackers (just kidding, I learned a shit ton from them too!)
    I can't believe they never did colace! My midwife gave it to me 15 years ago with my first! I suppose every place is different. I had to get my sisters nurses to get her frozen wet diapers to put in her undies to help with swelling, the witch hazel and numbing spray! I'm just super thankful I've got my list of what to ask for to help aid my recovery. 
  • @jennmomof3 I think the other part of the problem is that I am one of the 1st moms in my friends group too, so I get to learn all this stuff and then tell my friends about it so they know too! I just made my first batch of padcicles today, hoping they work!
  • @huzzahuzza I've been thinking about making padcicles for the past couple days. Thanks for the reminder! Did you re wrap yours or wrap them flat with aluminum foil?
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • neludelu said:

I popped an internal c-section stitch sneezing. Four appointments later and I finally got my last packing removed and the incision closed again with steri-strips. 
    TMI warning:
    I also never pushed bc of the emergency C but somehow still ended up with hemerhoids (at least I assume that's why my butt bleeds when I poop?). 
  • kyreno11 said:
    neludelu said:

I popped an internal c-section stitch sneezing. Four appointments later and I finally got my last packing removed and the incision closed again with steri-strips. 
    TMI warning:
    I also never pushed bc of the emergency C but somehow still ended up with hemerhoids (at least I assume that's why my butt bleeds when I poop?). 
    Are you sure you're bleeding from your butt? I bleed worse from my vag after a bowel movement.
  • I didn't. I also sat there for a bit and tried to let things sort of move down naturally with only gentle pushes. 
  • @lizerspitz, I re-wrapped. I used Always night time pads and they were pretty easy to re-wrap
  • Man this has been brutal. I have been trying to go since Tuesday. I've had success but I just have a painful feeling inside in that area. I had a pretty bad tear but the doc said that things will work the right way. I don't really want to call and ask bc they always just say come in or go to the ER. I'm wondering if this is normal or not. I can't lay in certain positions and it still hurts to sit. I'm certain the pain is an internal one and not external. Maybe this will just take time? 
  • I had a second degree tear and even after a week or so it still hurt so badly that some days I was in tears. There were definitely certain positions that hurt worse than others. I think by week three it no longer hurt. I hope it gets better sooner for you!
  • Ok brace yourself this is a crazy one... How long are you waiting to have sex? I have my PP appointment this week with my doctor. I have actually been in the mood a couple times. We also need to decide on BC. 
  • shmarpler said:
    tmrussell said:
    Ok brace yourself this is a crazy one... How long are you waiting to have sex? I have my PP appointment this week with my doctor. I have actually been in the mood a couple times. We also need to decide on BC. 

As long as I can.  :D 
    Preaaaachhh
  • neludelu said:
    tmrussell said:
    Ok brace yourself this is a crazy one... How long are you waiting to have sex? I have my PP appointment this week with my doctor. I have actually been in the mood a couple times. We also need to decide on BC. 
    First time I had a CS and I waited 2 weeks. This time I had a VBAC with a 3rd degree tear- I'm never putting anything down there again. Never. 

Seriously. I never even used a tampon after DD. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • tmrusselltmrussell member
    edited June 2017
    :D DH has a trooper but it's quickly wearing off... 

Edit: format messed up / typo
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited June 2017
    A while yet. I have a couple stitches from my second-degree tear, so definitely after that's all healed up! 

I'm debating buying a sexy cupless bra (I have one, but it's too small) because it's good for my nipples to be out to help them heal (yay, blisters!  :| ), but my breasts seriously need some support! It's uncomfortable to just be hanging. Do they make cupless/open nipple postpartum bras?

ETA: Apparently not that I can find. 
  • I liked this for around the house.

Married 8/29/09
  • Maybe if you combine it with this? I actually saw something that sort of cupped the nipples, so they would touch anything, I just couldn't find it online.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Well, my midwife really recommended letting them be out in the air to help them heal and avoid yeast infections. I worry even something domed could shift and rub. 
  • Maybe you could cut holes in an old sports bra?
    Married 8/29/09
  • KB00KB00 member
    @lovesclimbing maybe a handsfree pumping bra? Mine (obviously) have the nipple cut out to insert the pump but it's tight enough to give support while it's on as well. Like a tight sports bra with the nipples cut. That could work? 
  • I had a second degree tear with my first. We waited 6 weeks and the docs ok, but I was ready at about 4 weeks. 

I had a 4rth degree tear with second and actually it wasn't as bad as the first. I healed much quicker, but we still waited for the doc's approval at 6weeks. 
  • @lovesclimbing I know you said you need support but I enjoy going braless any chance I get. Lol I wear oversized tanks around most days. Makes pumping easy.
  • I've been braless so far this time, but I remember with dd I would wear nursing bras with wires for support and then leave them open to kind of prop them open and air them out. 
  • @shmarpler, I might do that. That's a good idea. @Kylieslip24, unfortunately, the nursing bras I have don't really have enough support for that. I've tried. If I had the kind that had fabric surrounding the beast when it's open, maybe, but I have the type with just slings on the outside. They're too stretchy to offer much support when open. Fortunately, my breasts are improving! Blisters are practically gone on the left.
  • Aw darn! I also have smaller boobs so that could be why it worked for me. I'm glad they are getting better for you though!