June 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Roll Call: Outside Babies

How old is the baby? How are they doing? How are you doing? What's on your mind?

Re: Monday Roll Call: Outside Babies

• Options
    Baby girl is a month old. She is great, working through some digestive issues but seems to be on the mend with a change to gentle formula. Her big sis is adapting surprisingly well and has become very gentle and attentive. Physically my body is starting to feel better (except that I have absolutely nothing to wear) but emotionally I'm still very hormonal and looking forward to that leveling out. We still have so much unpacking and organizing to do in our new house and I feel like that is keeping me from getting into a routine with the girls, can't wait to be done and just enjoy my babies.
  • Options
    mombodmombod member
    Claire is 6 days old and doing great. Breastfeeding is going so much better this time than it was with my son at this point. Its allowing me to enjoy this stage so much more. I overdid it the last two days and my bleeding picked back up so I'm planning on hanging out in bed pretty much all day today and resting.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Micah is 8 days old today. It is my first day home by myself with 2 kids. I'm kind of scared and excited that real life is beginning now. Micah is still a champ breastfeeder and I'm amazed that this time it barely even hurt, only about 2 days of soreness. I still am feeling weak from all the blood loss and my hips are killing me. I'm planning on asking my midwife Saturday when she comes by if it's normal to still be this sore. I think I might have tweaked something during labor/delivery  or surgery. 
  • Options
    Micah is 8 days old today. It is my first day home by myself with 2 kids. I'm kind of scared and excited that real life is beginning now. Micah is still a champ breastfeeder and I'm amazed that this time it barely even hurt, only about 2 days of soreness. I still am feeling weak from all the blood loss and my hips are killing me. I'm planning on asking my midwife Saturday when she comes by if it's normal to still be this sore. I think I might have tweaked something during labor/delivery  or surgery. 

There is a good chance you did. My chiropractic office like to see moms and babies right after delivery for that reason.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    Good luck home alone with the 2 kiddos. This is my second week alone with 2 under 2. It gets easier (or maybe the chaos starts to seem more normal lol) every day.
  • Options
    Thanks @mamaelle27 2 under 2 that's tough!! Dd is 4 so she's a really good helper, but she's also really been easily jealous this week. Luckily daddy was there to scoop her up this week, or take the baby so I could cuddle her, but today I'm officially split. 
    @shmarpler yes I think so. I was really hoping I was just sore from the long labor, but as the days go on they are worse, not better. I can barely roll over or sit up in bed. I'm fine walking around, but I can't do that all day when I'm supposed to be resting. I guess I better go in sooner rather than later
  • Options
    Danny is just a little over a month old. He is so big! Eating like a champ. I am feel mom guilt but I am over pumping and starting to let my milk dry up. I get overwhelmed with DH he has no motivation to do things on his own. I have to ask him to do anything so I feel mom like his mom on days. We had our first trip out in the summer heat and survived my oldest T Ball game.

I am starting to have anxiety about work / not wanting to go back / needing the money and just the stress of dealing with figuring out what's going on with my case load when I return. I am sure it's a mess. I am sure once I get back I will enjoy it again.
  • Options
    Thanks @mamaelle27 2 under 2 that's tough!! Dd is 4 so she's a really good helper, but she's also really been easily jealous this week. Luckily daddy was there to scoop her up this week, or take the baby so I could cuddle her, but today I'm officially split. 
    @shmarpler yes I think so. I was really hoping I was just sore from the long labor, but as the days go on they are worse, not better. I can barely roll over or sit up in bed. I'm fine walking around, but I can't do that all day when I'm supposed to be resting. I guess I better go in sooner rather than later

Last time I waited until DD1 was almost 6 mos old before I went in. This time, I plan to go immediately.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    shmarpler said:

Last time I waited until DD1 was almost 6 mos old before I went in. This time, I plan to go immediately.
    Omg I don't think I could make it that long. I wanna cry every time I have to use our stairs. 
  • Options
    We're doing really well. She's five days old. I had serious pain and blisters breastfeeding, but they're starting to go down. We had her lip and tongue tie snipped on Friday. Still using a nipple shield, but the pain and blisters are almost entirely gone on the left side. Now, the right just needs to catch up! She's taking awhile to latch. Five minutes or more just fussing around and starting to cry before getting it. I've tried without the shield, but that's even worse. Hopefully, she'll catch on quickly. 

We switched to cloth today. We used disposables the first few days for the meconium and just getting used to a baby. So far, so good!

My crotch is feeling really good today! It was painful yesterday morning, so much so I was only lying down and not sitting, but I used this herbal pad thing my mom gave me at my shower, and it really worked! I was surprised at how well it worked. 

Weve had had her out several times now. She's been sleeping well and not fussing too much. 
  • Options
    tmrussell said:
    Danny is just a little over a month old. He is so big! Eating like a champ. I am feel mom guilt but I am over pumping and starting to let my milk dry up. I get overwhelmed with DH he has no motivation to do things on his own. I have to ask him to do anything so I feel mom like his mom on days. We had our first trip out in the summer heat and survived my oldest T Ball game.

I am starting to have anxiety about work / not wanting to go back / needing the money and just the stress of dealing with figuring out what's going on with my case load when I return. I am sure it's a mess. I am sure once I get back I will enjoy it again.
    I feel you on DH. He's totally energetic about random things he thinks are a priority but lazy about things I think are a priority, and usually my things are more practical/pressing. 

It's so hard to make work related decisions as a mom, especially just after giving birth, be easy on yourself and know that nothing has to be permanent, and try to enjoy your time home for now.
  • Options
    How's everyone doing with family visits and support? In the month since the baby was born it feels like everyone's been too busy for us. I'm lonely and tired and wish someone would come over and fold my laundry or make me a meal.
  • Options
    Clayton is 5 days old. He has been nursing like a champ from day 1, but sometimes that's all he wants to do, which wears me out at times. Each night has gotten better sleep wise, which is positive.  

I'm tired and feel like DH doesn't get it. He plays with our older DS and thinks he is doing all the work. Yet in the one up and night and then nursing all day. So it's just frustrating.  I've also been emotional and crying on and off. So many feelings! 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    Juliet is 9 days old and doing amazing-- nursing really well and sleeping as expected. I, on the other hand, am not doing as well. I'm in the hospital on 3 IV antibiotics and other meds to try to help stop the incessant bleeding and postpartum infection. I just want to feel better! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    How old is the baby? 3 days
     How are they doing? She's sleepy. Went to a lactation consultant today and she has a small lip tie that we're going to keep an eye on. She also kept us up all night last night because of cluster feeding and needing to be held. 

How are you doing? Hormonal. 
    What's on your mind? Anyone have any advice on how to explain to your older kiddos why you're weepy or emotional? 
  • Options
    @Waiting4Fred! That sounds aweful!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!
  • Options
    @Waiting4Fred I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible! I had to do antibiotics after because of my d&c. Only 24 hrs, but it was terrible! Ivs just suck. I hope your able to feel better and bust out of the hospital soon. Just getting through those front doors made me feel so much better! 

@huzzahuzza I haven't been to emotional pp, but I was in early pregnancy. Dh and I had a big fight at one point and made me cry as she was walking in, then I couldn't stop. It was kinda terrible. She still brings it up. I try to be as honest as I can with her so I just tell her sometimes mama gets sad and cries. Just like she does. 
    This pregnancy has brought on all the difficult conversations... Saturday she overheard me, dh and my midwife talking about the hysterectomy I will need in a few years and panicked, which led to explaining my broken uterus and then... how babies are made. Then went into an explaination of adoption. Quite a day that was. 
    Sorry for the ramble, but I guess I would just be as honest as you think they can handle. 
  • Options
    @Waiting4Fred- What a lot to go through just after giving birth! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to snuggling that baby.
  • Options
    My baby is 3 weeks old tomorrow! He's doing great! My c-section incision is finally feeling better. We have taken the baby out a lot already. DH had to drive me to four doctors appointments and we usually ran a short errand  afterward. I cannot stay home long without going crazy. This week is a new adventure with DH back to work. 

@mamaelle27 I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting as much support as  you could use. Is there any way you could ask a friend or family member for some help? When my sister had a baby someone set up a system where her friends signed up online to come see the baby a certain night and bring dinner. There were about 3 slots a week so she didn't have constant visitors or everyone coming at once. If you have a close friend or family member maybe you could request something like that. I find no shame in asking for help. 
    @Waiting4Fred I hope you get well soon and can settle into a more peaceful time healing at home. Hopefully you have lots of support so you can rest and heal. 

• Options
    Baby is 1.5 weeks old, he is doing well. Nursing a lot but it's going good. I'm so emotional, hubby went back to work and I absolutely balled and couldn't stop. (He works nights) I am trying to remind myself, everything is temporary and it will get better. My 3 year old son is doing well with the baby, but breaks my heart I can't give him all my attention anymore. Tell me I'm not alone with all these feelings!!? 
  • Options
    @Mport90 you are absolutely not alone!!! We've been home 2 days and already I'm feeling the pressure of being prepared to take over as soul parent in 2 weeks. And the guilt with child #1 is no joke!!!! My 4 yr old is not handling things well and the cluster feeding makes it even harder to give him the attention he needs :disappointed:
  • Options
    Very emotional over here as well. I feel like I've "ruined" my four year olds summer since we can't do all we typically do together (I'm a teacher and always home). Crying randomly and sometimes for no reason for sure. 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    Me too. My 4 year old is stuck inside watching beauty and the beast on replay all day. We had strawberries for lunch because I can't serve much of anything else. Dh went back to work Monday and I just want to cry all day because I'm couch bound after the pp bleed. This week sucks. I just pray July is better. 
  • Options
    How old is the baby? 2 days old

How are they doing? She is doing good. Had a little trouble getting her to pee since she has been slow to take to nursing. She wants to all the time but my nipples are killing me since she won't open big enough to latch right. Dr said everything looks good and she isn't tongue tied.

How are you doing? OMG my hats off to the c-section ladies. This is my 4th baby and 1's c-section.....holy moly I'm dying. This is so painful can't sit or sleep comfortably at all. The hospital bed is awful and hard to get out of. 

What's on your mind? My 2.5 year old DS misses his mommy so much and I miss him. I feel like I've been missing so much since I've been in the hospital since last Friday. Worried about how much he is acting up and how he will adapt once we're home. 
  • Options
    @JennMof3 I think it's funny how you're a 4th time mom and you're worried about your toddler just like I am (I'm a 2nd time mom). It just goes to show that the mom guilt is real and never goes away no matter how awesome and experienced a mom you are! FWIW, my toddler was really attached to me and her routine was a mess for about the first two weeks and then she got back to herself pretty quickly. It's been a month now and I'm so glad that for the most part she seems happy to have the baby around and isn't acting up too badly. How do you anticipate your older kids doing with the baby/how were they last time?
  • Options
    @Kylieslip24 try to cut yourself some slack, that's an extraordinary situation with a pp bleed and your body needs time to heal. You can worry about better meals and whatever else once you are fully recovered. Plus your daughter probably thinks that lunch and a movie day were awesome.
  • Options
    Thanks @mamaelle27 yesterday was just one of those depressing days. Mil came and took dd to the park and library today so at least for the day no guilt. 
    I guess I'm just a little extra depressed because I told myself the whole pregnancy I wouldn't bleed like with dd and instead I bled worse. Now the Drs and my midwife want us to consider a hysterectomy once done nursing since another pregnancy would probably kill me. And I just never got that "done" feeling. At the same time I'm so thankful I've been blessed with 2 healthy babies and now I get to experience raising a son and daughter. Just a lot on top of hormones I guess. 
  • Options
    Oh man, @Kylieslip24 that is so hard!  That sounds like a really difficult decision and I wish you grace in making it. For now, why don't you enjoy your baby, and make the decision when things calm down (especially your hormones),you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. 

As for the toddler, my MIL has been my hero lately, too. She's awesome at getting DD out of the house and keeping her active and engaged.I also begged my Grandma to come stay for a couple nights next week.  She's older so can't be too active with the kids but she can hold the baby and maybe cook a little, or sit on park bench next to the stroller while I run the toddler around. Parenting a toddler and a newborn is rough. 

• Options
    Yes it is, we're lucky to have good family that helps. I think about all the moms with no help and I have no idea how they do it. They are amazing. 

I'm trying to. I'd have an easier time if the Drs would stop talking about it and trying to make us make a decision. 
    Its easy to enjoy him because he's such a nice easy going baby, I just get sad at the "last of the first" things. 
    On the upside I think I have my dh convinced we could adopt or foster down the road, so I'll still have baby cuddles in my future. 
  • Options
    @JennMof3 I think it's funny how you're a 4th time mom and you're worried about your toddler just like I am (I'm a 2nd time mom). It just goes to show that the mom guilt is real and never goes away no matter how awesome and experienced a mom you are! FWIW, my toddler was really attached to me and her routine was a mess for about the first two weeks and then she got back to herself pretty quickly. It's been a month now and I'm so glad that for the most part she seems happy to have the baby around and isn't acting up too badly. How do you anticipate your older kids doing with the baby/how were they last time?
    My older kids are middle and high schoolers. They loved when their little brother arrived and have been excited about a sister. When my oldest was becoming a big sister she was excited and I don't remember much jealousy at all. She was daddy's girl and they did a ton together which allowed for lots of mommy bonding time. Whereas my son and I are really bonded and he is acting out big time to get attention. I feel bad because he is such a sweetie and is now being a stinker. Hopefully this passes soon.