August 2017 Moms

Coming Home Outfits

Since it was mentioned in another thread, yet no one started a thread for it, feel free to post the coming home outfit you selected for your LO. 

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Coming Home Outfits

• Loading the player...
  • @lewliv That is the exact outfit I almost picked up! It's so stinking cute.

Also, STM's- bonus points if you have a picture of previous LO's in their outfits!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cuuuute! My planned outfit is a light green romper (no sleeves) with tiny pink flamingos on it. 

Question- I see the first two posts involve pants and hats. I was thinking, August baby = hot (aside from AC) so the romper would suffice. Am I wrong? I was thinking of putting in a light muslin blanket too just in case. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 when they are that little I usually do 1 layer more then I would wear. I would likely do a t-shirt, pants, socks and covered with a light blanket
  • Thanks for starting, @bumpybump! These pictures are so cute and I love the inspiration!

@bwing10 that shirt is so appropriate - I love those sets!

@DeansGirl14 I think you prob need the hat for in AC, maybe? A gauze blanket is a good idea. I am agonizing over short sleeves or long sleeves. Also, I feel like a lot of the cute sets might need onesies underneath them to protect the umbilical cord, but two layers might be too hot? I am definitely over thinking this! :D

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @DeansGirl14 DS was born in June. We live in Georgia and it's hot as balls here. Same will go for this lo, I had a car seat canopy and a light blanket.  He's been a sweaty baby since day 1 and I didn't want him to overheat. I think it depends on where you live. I think I've posted this before, but the best way to get a feel for their temp is to feel their core. 
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @DeansGirl14 the birth center had hat in the list of things to bring for LO so that's why I picked an outfit with one. Honestly I'm not sure if we will need it. 
  • DS's hat actually got lost so he went home without. The hospital ones would not stay on his head. 
  • These are all soooo cute! We have an option or 2 we are debating, but will wait until the shower to see if anything tops what we like. We area also planning a hat, and will have a carseat cover. You never know the weather....
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • So per my googling on the subject on hats I found that they are not necessary in the hospital and that when babies are being held skin to skin the mother's body actually regulates the baby's temperature. I also read that it's better for breastfeeding because that delicious new baby smell comes from the top of baby's head and stimulates our bodies to make milk. As far as in the car, I honestly wasn't too worried because my mom went down and pulled the car right up to the door and we got straight in under a covered area. She also took out flowers and such so she got the car temperature regulated. I think it's policy at most hospitals for the car to be pulled around, therefore baby's exposure to the elements are minimal. 
  • I was struggling with what to pack for baby due to crazy nys weather. It's been ranging 60s-90s may and June, I'm sure late July and August might be more stable though. Either way, I packed: a dress, ss onesie and pants, ls cotton footie PJs. I will decide that day what to dress her in. 
  • I'm part of the not decided yet club. With DD her outfit was HUGE because we kept being told she was 10 lbs so I planned for a big baby and she was barely 7. 

I will bring several outfits this time and choose at the hospital. 

Someone was asking about temp. Babies don't regulate their body temp for a while after birth so you'll want something slightly warmer than what you would wear even in summer. Basically what a previous poster said above.
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @breanna428 omg! Those cheeks! So cute!
  • I really like that hat, @pinkyswife! Where is it from?

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• The pictures of everyone's sweet newborns are hitting my heart so hard! 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MetsGirl18 those outfits are so cute! Where are they from??
  • @Kaityrj They're from Carter's.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers