October 2016 Moms

June Randoms

2»

Re: June Randoms

• It's funny you mentioned the solid poops. Today is the very first time we got one and she's been on solids since 4 months. We did deal with that month long bout of diarrhea so maybe that's why this is the first.  It worried me though and made me think we should cut back on the bananas we've been giving her. But at this point they should be solid like that, right?
  • @Ladybug2821 yes totally normal for formed stools once solids are started as long as they are not hard little balls. It sounds gross but if you give the turd a little squish in the diaper and it smears then it's soft and normal. The dark rabbit pellets are when you need to consider backing off bulking foods and consider pears, prunes or other natural laxitive foods.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My girlfriend sent me a funny meme I wanted to share cuz lolz guyz

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fitlady21 super jealous your LO loves toys. My girl I have to pretend I'm super into it to even get her mildly intruiged.  She prefers household objects, stroller/high chair straps, necklaces, paper, baby wipes bags, my makeup tubes you name it if it's not for babies that's what she wants. Her latest thing is draining the tub during bath time by pushing the metal lever down. She's like a little engineer needing to figure out how things work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so far behind right now... 
    Sorry I've been MIA, it's been busy (and frustrating) around these here parts. SO enrolled in school, so we have been trying to find a work/school balance, and he has been shooting down my ideas without listening to my reasoning and coming up with ideas that don't make any sense somehow thinking that those will work better and I've been in a perpetual state of bitterness and irritability, so haven't had much positive presence to contribute. I wish I could take a vacation. BY MYSELF.
  • @fitlady21 I'm pretty sure you said you give LO the protein that you are eating for your meals. Do you season it?  I try to remember before I season the meat to separate some for S but I always forget. 
  • @Ladybug2821 Most of the meat I eat, I don't season so no. If we are out to eat or at someone's house, I don't worry about it.
  • @allythekid All the creepy internet hugs- I hope you can find balance soon, you deserve to be happy. You have always been such a encourager to us on the board and when you are ready to share and come back to us we will lift you up! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    edited June 2017
    Is anyone elses LO's losing interest in vegetables? I've been freaking the last few days because my vegetable puree eating girl has been turning her nose up to her old go to favorites. Still eats fruit purees and  I  don't want her to be one of those no veggie babies and spoil her on fruits. We've been letting her feed herself eggs, chicken, and some fruit chunks but haven't found a veggie that she feeds herself properly. Any ideas ladies? Btw her favorite meal of the day is breakfast where she has almond butter or peanut butter banana oatmeal. Loves puffs too. Maybe I'm not giving her enough variety?

Also does anyone else's​ LO sleep ass backwards and sideways in their crib? It's like now that she has all that room she moves around more then she did in her bassinet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice It sounds like you are giving V a good variety. S for the most part only gets carrots, bananas, and peas. I try to remember to save some of the meat in preparing to give her and I did just try to pears today. She just seems to have a reaction to a lot of things so I'm introducing new things slowly. 

This girl is all over the place in the crib. She sleeps side ways, long ways, on her back, on her belly, you name it. 
  • Does anyone else's LO poop when they sleep?  This poor baby can't STTN because she can't stop pooping. It also wakes her up out of naps.  I Thought solids were suppose to make them poop less. And her poop still isn't really solid. We've maybe had 2 solid poops. 
  • No nocturnal pooping here. V is a morning and afternoon pooper. I say she averages 4 poopy diapers a day but luckily never at night. I wouldn't worry @Ladybug2821 she sounds pretty regular. Sucks that her cycle happens to be night pooping but that hopefully may change.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    edited June 2017
    I got so ridiculously lucky today and would be up a creek without a paddle if it wasn't for some quick thinking. We are on vacation and I got everything unpacked and put away until it was time to pump and I realized I forgot my Medela bottles that attach to my pump. I had no clue what to do and just happen to glance at the glass Gerber formula jars with the screw top we use. It fit my pump connecter! I'm pumping into formula bottles which is quite the oxymoron but hey- it worked

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice she might be tired of purees. I know you said she doesnt feed herself veggies well but maybe it will just take her a moment to get the hang of it. With feeding herself other food she probably enjoys the independence of it. @ladybug2821 Abigail poops at night :neutral: and unfortunately I'm not always the most with it in the middle of the night to realize it and she sits in it for awhile. She use to wait until her first morning bottle but I guess since surgery and her huge increase in foods (and formula) her body is just still getting used to being full. I feel like almost every time I change her she's pooped... also Abigail loves food. She gets so excited when we are eating and if we don't share with her she screams. So she's tried basically everything. haha We fly around the world to the States in like a week ! Has anyone taken long flights yet? It's just gonna be me and her.... eeeek
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @brzvice try roasted butternut squash chunks if you haven't done so already...they're a big hit in my house. Homeboy doesn't care for a fair number of veggies but that one usually gets the job done. 
  • official random here, my period is still all over the place. We stopped BFing 3 ish months ago. It's driving me crazy its so unpredictable. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @brzvice @kmolleltz S poops ALL the time, not just at night. It wakes her from naps also. Today, it woke her at 4 am and 6:30 am. I swear she'd STTN if she stopped pooping. I'm sure there is nothing wrong, just want us to get sleep. I'm thinking about moving her dinner time earlier to see if that helps at all. She poops at least 6 times a day  :s.
  • @kmolleltz same over here, stop bf 2 months ago, had one period in February and that's about it. I'm heading to the doctor next week for some blood work regarding other symptoms, maybe she has an answer about all this. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I had my consultation for Coolscupting and my session will be in July. I'll let you know in September if it worked for me or not. I will say the consultation was a bit intimidating specially at the place were I booked my appointment. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babysunshine4 I'm interested in hearing about your results!
  • Somebody shoot me guys...
     I enrolled in two 5-week intersession courses for the summer, both are psychology classes, and I don't know what the hell I was thinking. These are the two most rigorous classes I have taken so far, and since they're in a condensed format and back to back, I feel like my face is constantly crammed in my books or I'm on my laptop researching or writing papers :/ I'm happy because I'm getting these knocked out quickly, but at the same time it sucks because if I have "spare time", it goes to school work and these kiddos are SOL when it comes to making fun summertime plans :( FI is going to take them to the SplashPad today to play though so I can cram in these last 4 chapters before tomorrow. I'm *hoping* to finish up today so I can take him out to lunch or to do something fun tomorrow for Father's Day.
  • Johnny will be 9-months-old in 12 days, and despite working him and exercising his hips, he still won't sit up on his own, and he won't extend his legs out back and forth in a walking motion while standing or in his walker, he just stiffens up or jumps and bounces. Also, he's been crawling for a while, but he gets tired of hands-and-knees crawling after 5 or 6 steps and goes back to his belly. I'm getting concerned about his legs you :/ his pedi just retired this week too so now I have to find a new one, get acquainted with them, go over his history and explain my concerns and for some reason I'm nervous about that :( all my kids have had this pedi since birth
  • @AllyTheKid Hate that you're so busy.. but way to go for knocking out 2 classes in 5 weeks!! Think how good you'll feel when it's over :) Hopefully you can find a new pedi soon to address your concerns. I'm sure it's fine but reassurance is always nice :)
  • Thanks girl, encouragement sure does go a long way, even from internet friends <3

So, how was everybody's Father's Day with your counterparts?
  • Father's Day was pretty good.  But I do feel like H didn't spend as much time with S as he should have.  Granted, he has her all week long during the day so that is why I didn't say anything.  I let him sleep in and take a nap.  We were suppose to go out to eat when S woke up from her second nap, but he was still napping and didn't want to wake up.  I tried to get her to take a third nap but she fought it even though she was tired.  Then H wakes up and decides its time to go.  Well, at that point, it was an hour until her bedtime.  But I went with it and luckily she didn't have any meltdowns even after being awake for over 4 hours.  She took a quick nap on the way home and then went right to bed at 8.  I'm always so worried that if we don't follow her routine to the T that something will go wrong.  I need to chill out.
  • @Ladybug2821 I know it can be terrifying to not follow the baby's schedule.. but it's really better to have the baby revolve around your schedule. It's not fair for everything to revolve around the baby's schedule!
  • Sorry guys, I feel like I have been so busy.  Work is annoying and just keeps giving me more crap to do. 

@allythekid Good Luck with your classes.  I'm sure you'll be finished before you know it.  What are you majoring in and how much longer do you have before you graduate?  That does suck about your pedi, and hopefully you will be able to find someone just as good to answer your concerns. 

• Just took my first midterm yesterday for the summer semester and got an A :) My midterm for my other class is scheduled for next Thursday.
    @ladybug2821 I'm majoring is sociology. I keep dabbling with the ideas of switching majors to either psychology or legal studies though. I feel like a child who can't make up her mind.
  • @AllyTheKid What type of job are you going to be looking for when you graduate?  I would say base your major on that. I have BS in Business Mgmt. Admittedly, it hasn't done anything for me. I could still be in my position without it. I wish I would've done a 2 year program to be a dental hygienist instead. Less school and I would be getting paid more. 
  • Well, I'm hoping to land an internship at the State Capital next summer. Ultimately my goal is to be elected into the Senate or House and propose public policy. Hopefully work my way up to the federal level from the state level. 
    I want to do my part to help my fellow man, or at least do my damnest to. 
  • Psych was my "fallback plan" so I could have a career that paid a little if my political endeavors fail me, or I can't at least land a job as a social or political researcher or analyst somewhere. I would really like to do something helpful though. I am NOT keen on the idea of social work though, the Department of Human Services is so crooked, and that's something I would like to address if I were ever in a position to.
  • Anyone else's immunity sucks after having the baby? I'm home sick with strep for the 2nd time since I've had my LO. I use to literally never get sick! Baby hasn't gotten sick yet (knock on wood) so maybe she's getting all my immunity? On top of stress, I can't hold anything down so I'm dehydrated, nauseous, and feel like my milk supply is getting low since I didn't eat anything yesterday.
  • @fitlady21 My immune system definitely took a blow, for an entire year it seems, after DD. And it's for sure shot this go around too. Our bodies just have so much work to do right now, it's hard to keep up with everything.
  • I'm probably going to jinx myself but I've been fairly healthy. I did get the flu right after Christmas but that was because MIL came down to visit with the flu and didn't tell anyone until it was too late. Hope you feel better soon @fitlady21
  • Sooo... We got a rescue doggo and she's perfect <3 Meet little miss Daisy! She gives Johnny sweet, gentle kisses, and if he pulls her fur she just scoots away from him. She is fixed, current on vaccinations, house broken, and has perfect manners. She is quite the lady.

• @AllyTheKid Awww what a sweetie!

• Here's another because ADORABLE. 

Also, any other LOs going through an adamant nudist phase?