Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread Week of 6/12

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Welcome!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Me: 29 | DH: 29
Married 12/2016
DSS born 01/2016
TTC since 01/2017
Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Newbie Intro Thread Week of 6/12

• Loading the player...
  • @lulabreaheck are you literally standing on your head to get KU, or just kidding? Now I'm intrigued!
  • @JennyColada bahahahahha I lay in bed and elevate my hips! I only once in pure desperation and to get a giggle out of DH did a head stand off the bed!
  • Hi all.  I was also part of the mass exodus of 2015 (different username), and then created this name a few months ago and posted a little, but stopped because we were TTA due to job/moving-related reasons.  Now we're moving in August and have jobs lined up in our new location and are ready to start trying this cycle

Ages (you and SO): 29/32

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first one

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Charting, temping, CM

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have one awesome DS, age 2. We're teachers. Our hobbies right now when our life isn't being consumed by moving are video games and good TV

• @wishiwaspreggo i am seriously intrigued with your journey! I really hope it happens the way you're hoping for! I love how you described life with a toddler to a "T" and now the Peppa Pig voices are in me head !! 
  • kmallskmalls member
    @wisewitch222 - I love that there are vets from the good ol' days starting to resurface. I changed my username, too  ;)
  • @wishiwaspreggo i am seriously intrigued with your journey! I really hope it happens the way you're hoping for! I love how you described life with a toddler to a "T" and now the Peppa Pig voices are in me head !! 

Thanks :) I really don't mind going through pregnancy again and I know what works for my body. I did 1 natural round of IUI, 3 rounds with Clomid, 1 cycle with Femara + low dose Follistim, and then the cycle that worked was all Follistim. Doctor was cautious because she doesn't like getting women pregnant with multiples. Going at it again, I'd just jump right in with Follistim. The meds are super $$$ but so are fertility clinic visits. We don't know what would work for DW so that's a risk right there. We have 6 vials from the donor we used to get pregnant with DS and those are the only 6 vials left because he stopped donating. We have to make them count. I'm really struggling with deciding what to do. I may propose doing the pregnancy myself and then my wife might object if she wants that biological connection. It's hard to tell but I really hope she decides one way or the other soon. I don't want to force her to do something that truly terrifies her. I will do it again if I must.

Anyway... great to see so many former regs coming back!!! I joined Then Comes Family but I had a hard time keeping track of who was who and after the birth of my son my BMB stopped being active so I lost touch.

• kmalls said:
    @wisewitch222 - I love that there are vets from the good ol' days starting to resurface. I changed my username, too  ;)
    I am from the good ol days as well lol
  • chellisam said:

How many months have you been TTC? 6 months on and off, recently benched due to mental health issues that require treatments beyond medication and therapy. . .working with my psychiatry team to get back to baseline and spread my treatments out far enough that we can start TTC again.

Totally cool if you don't feel comfortable sharing, but I have a question. What is beyond medication and therapy?
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @chellisam I was wondering this too. Are you referring to ECT?
  • @vflux33 @pebbledam Yes, I go for ECT. I've been going for about 2 years. Last year we decided we wanted to start TTC, so my ECT doctors and I started really spacing out my treatments, as they can only do ECT during the second trimester. They want to make sure I can get through the first and third trimesters without relapsing. I was down to once every 9 weeks before I had a major episode that landed me in the hospital. ECT kept me stable for a good two years, and as my psychiatrists always love to say: "Stability breeds stability."

We're determined to do everything as safely as possible, considering my history of hospitalizations and the severity of my episodes. I've also started seeing a perinatal psychiatrist.
  • I'll admit to not knowing much about ECT, but it surprises me that you could continue it all during pregnancy. I'm sorry to hear you have to go through such intensive therapy. I imagine it can be very hard and lonely at times. Good luck!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Thank you. :) I was surprised when I first found out it could be done at any point during pregnancy as well. I thought I'd have to wait until postpartum to return to treatments. (I love your username, by the way!)
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited June 2017
    @chellisam Interesting! I'm surprised it's OK during 2nd tri too. I know someone who also considered ECT for BP, which is why I asked. Welcome and good luck to you! 
  • @chellisam welcome and good luck with your therapy.  My daughter has BPD, so I see how hard it can be on someone.  I wish you the best.

@wisewitch222  and @kmalls, what were your old names? I was using a different name when I first came back, but about 2 months ago switched back to my original.

@JBcakes08, Welcome back, I too am obsessive and overly think things through with TTC, I couldn't fall asleep the other night worrying my temp would not rise.