High-Risk Pregnancy

Downs risk from 1st tri bloods but neg panorama

hi, I am 34 years old and 14 weeks pregnant with my third child. Dr called me to say my combined first trimester screening came back abnormal with an elevated risk of Down syndrome (1:130). My NT scan was normal with normal nuchal fold measurement and nasal bone. No soft markers. It was my bloodwork that indicated a problem. However on the same phone call she said my panorama results came back negative for everything. I will be making an appointment with a genetic counselor but very worried in the meantime. Trying to decide if I want to risk the amnio to get a diagnostic result or if the negative panorama is enough reassurance. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I can't find much info on positive first tri screen results but negative nipt. 

Re: Downs risk from 1st tri bloods but neg panorama

• I was in a very similar situation. My quad screen results came back with a 1 in 15 chance of trisomy 18. The full test (MaterniT 21) came back negative for all three trisomies it tests for (13, 18 and 21). It was so scary. I spent two and a half weeks worried sick. I am still waiting for my ultrasound but I'm pretty confident in the test results. I hope you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy! :)