August 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Weekly Check-in, Week of June 5

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).
Figured I'd get a jump start on the thread this week, since I might be out of pocket tomorrow. 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: What type of birth are you hoping to have? (This is judgement free!)
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Weekly Check-in, Week of June 5

• Options
    This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).
    Figured I'd get a jump start on the thread this week, since I might be out of pocket tomorrow. 

How far along are you? 
    Approaching 32 weeks!
    How are you doing? 
    Great! Heartburn is still bad and I got some wicked sunburn today that's making me miserable, but mostly I'm feeling good. 
    A week from Friday. 
    I'm on a beach vacation with my husband and kids!
    My hope it to have an unmediated hospital VBA2C. I have an extremely supportive OB and a doula and am really excited about the possibilities. That said, I'll take whatever birth experience is necessary to keep me and baby healthy. If that's a third c-section, I'll accept it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks

How are you doing? all things considered, pretty good! Starting to wake up more in the middle of the night. The boppy maternity pillow was the best $40 investment I made- makes my aches and pains so much less when I wake up. 

When is your next appointment? just had my 28 week one on Friday. Won't have one till the end of June, then it's every two weeks. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: this baby has hiccups at least once a day. I told my dr and he looked at me like I had five heads bc I asked about it. He said it's normal, but I know that if I didn't ask, my PGAL brain would be eating me alive about it. It's pretty cool to see them from the outside, though!

I'm hoping for as natural as possible until I can't bear it anymore, then medical intervention for a vaginal birth. I was already judged by the crunchy nurse teaching my labor and delivery class when I said I'm open to having an epidural. But, as @a2003tiger said, whatever birth plan is necessary for healthy baby/mom is fine with me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @szwill86, my third tri insomnia has begun too. Woke up at 4am today and was wide awake. It happens tomorrow me with every pregnancy. But then once I get to the point of having crappy newborn sleep, it feels wonderful, lol!

Judgement, especially about birth plans, is everywhere. And it's so hard to ignore. I'm already trying to prepare for the judgement about VBACing at the hospital. But between my OB and my doula, I have the support I need. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    @a2003tiger Hope your vacation is going well.  I wish I lived close enough to a real beach to have one! 
    @szwill86 Hiccups are cool!  I usually feel mine SUPER low (which makes me think he is head down, but really I have no idea)

How far along are you? 31 weeks tomorrow

How are you doing?  Not too bad.  Aches and pains are more frequent.  I had a bit of a break down last week, becuase I finally got my rings off my left hand and I had a hard time with the idea of leaving them off.  I only ever took them off to get the diamonds checked, and if I got something stuck under them, so not putting them on for a couple months hit me hard.  However, even worse is that I still cant get the third ring I have on, off.  Its my promise ring that DH gave me before he left for college, and so its not high quality and I am pretty sure its slightly smaller than my other rings.  I am terrified of getting it cut off, but I might be at that point.  I know Im going to break down if it comes to that.  

When is your next appointment?  Thursday

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: See above

I think I can say, a safe one.  I really dont have a preference.  I know that vaginal is more ideal than c-section, but Im trying to go into it with the idea that what happens does.  I do think I want to try to avoid being induced if I can.  I would rather have baby start coming on his own, when he is ready.  But again if something needs to happen earlier, then so be it.  I just want him and I to leave happy and healthy! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    28+1

How are you doing? 
    I'm pretty good.  The aches and pains are pretty minor and inconsistent.  I'm hoping I continue to feel good.  

I just had an appointment last week and don't go again for 2 weeks.  I'm taking the 3 hour GTT before then.  Not looking forward to that.

Time is going by too quickly.  I feel like I have a lot more to get done and not nearly enough time.

With my first, I was induced for medical reasons at 38 weeks and ended up with a c-section after failing to progress.  With my second, I went into labor 6 days before my scheduled c-section, attempted a VBAC and ended up with another c-section because DS2 didn't tolerate pushing.  This time, I just want to make it to my scheduled c-section date and have everything go smoothly.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 - yikes I hope you got that ring off!!'

How far along are you? 
    29 weeks
    How are you doing? 
    Adjusting to my new gestational diabetes diet. It was really rough the first few days but now I'm used to it and actually feel better. So far all my numbers have been low so I'm hoping I can cut down on how much I test if the doctor lets me 
    I have two next week- one for GD and one normal one with my OB
    Time to start wearing compression socks for real! My feet were swollen by the end of the day today at work. 
    I'm having a scheduled repeat c section and it's already scheduled... it's so weird to actually know the birth date this time around. I'm just nervous about the c section even though I've already had one. I just hope recovery is easier this time because I know what to expect and I won't have 3 days of labor to recover from. 
  • Options
    @bubblesmtu the one on my right hand is still holding strong  :s I'll see what happens after this weekend, I have a prenatal massage,
    thats supposed to help with swelling, I don't have my hopes up too high, but it might be my last
    chance before I get it cut off 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @bubblesmtu I haven't had a scheduled c-section yet, but for what it's worth, my recovery from the second c-section was much easier than my first.  I'm also hoping for a good recovery this time around.  I've heard mixed things from friends about the recovery from the third c-section so I'm a little nervous about that.
  • Options
    @littlebug2010- I hope that works! At least prenatal massages are so worth it either way

@MetsGirl18- that makes me feel better! I was in pain from laboring last time that the epidural and spinal didn't bother me, but there won't be any distractions this time around. I hope your 3rd one is just as smooth as the last one!  Did you get the belly wrap with your first two? I felt like that was a lifesaver. 
  • Options
    @bubblesmtu I never had a wrap.  I'm wondering if it's worth getting this time around.
  • Options
    @bubblesmtu I never had a wrap.  I'm wondering if it's worth getting this time around.
    You should definitely ask for one at the hospital - I used mine for at least a week after I got home too. 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    boxerbabylove
    BabyFruit Ticker