January 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 6/14

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: 

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping?

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: STM+ Check-in 6/14

• Options
    EagsEags member
    How far along are you? 10w today 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 4 yrs old (DS)

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I'm struggling doing the normal mom things with DS. Luckily DH is picking up my sack. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  DS is overjoyed at being a big brother. He literally tells everyone we meet about how there's a baby in mommy's tummy. Even strangers! So seeing him happy makes me happy!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:  I'm struggling with what to reuse and what to buy - like a double stroller. DS will be 5 but he loves to ride in the jogging stroller when we go for hikes (he'll get out and run and then ride for a bit, then run, etc). 

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? I hate shopping at this point. I either miss being with DS or I have him with me, which is... well, it makes shopping take longer and is more difficult. 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Eva will be 3 next month.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Eva is scared of being alone at night. I basically lay with her until she falls asleep (which I'm totally fine with, but it won't be convenient and/or possible with a newborn). I've slowly been introducing the idea that 3-year-olds go to sleep on their own, and we've been working on making her bedroom "less scary" for her, but we'll see how this goes.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I just love Eva and I'm so excited to have another squish to love.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Rant: I feel SO dehydrated ALL THE TIME and I'm drinking constantly. I'm going to ask my OB about it at my appointment today.

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and HomeGoods (all the same store really). I could shop all day in there.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w? 8w? Who knows anymore  :| 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Emilia is 16 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I've been struggling to cook for her because I'm feeling so nauseous and I can't handle all the food smells in the kitchen! But other than that, I can't complain. She's been really good :) 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I'm so excited for DD to have a sibling! Right now she only has our dog to play with and boss around  :D  I think she'll be a great sister though!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Mosquitoes! I hadn't seen any mosquitoes around our home but of course, last night I woke up to 5 bites on my arm. I couldn't find the little sucker because it was probably in a food coma from all the blood it took! But seriously, do I have to apply DEET before bed now??!! It's gonna be a fun summer here in the South  :# 

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping?
    Sephora, IKEA (because they also have food lol) and Anthropologie if $ weren't an issue  ;) 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    11+3

Wren is 17 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Wren is a pretty easy kid, but she has started to throw tantrums here and there. Thankfully, they don't typically last very long, but I'm terrified of what 2 year old tantrums look like! 

17 months is SUCH a fun age (minus the sporadic tantrums). She has become a little person and isn't a baby anymore. While I love this age, I can't wait to have a tiny one to love on again. Then I can get some snuggles, because the toddler definitely doesn't give me any!

Nope.

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping?
    I also love TJ MAXX, @missblaze! But my favorite stores are Target, Nordstrom Rack, and probably Old Navy/Gap (I'm tall, so I love that their jeans come in different lengths). 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    9+5

DS is 4

I kind of suck right now. I'm exhausted and sleep most of the morning and I'm constantly nauseous, so I can't make him the meals he's used to. I feel like he's already getting the short end of the stick and the baby isn't even here yet. I tell myself I'm doing my best, but sometimes I just feel lazy and selfish. Also really worried about this baby being a boy. DS is adamant that it has to be a girl because we already have a boy, him. 

DS is such a good kid, really mature for 4 and he's been so sweet to me and so understanding that I can't do everything I used to. So proud of him.

I'm barely functioning and just feel like poo all day long. Nausea rarely subsides, I'm pretty sure I could sleep all day and all night. I finally did all our laundry but can't bring myself to fold my own. I need a personal chef, a maid, and a nanny. 

Target, hands down. I can do some decent damage in IKEA as well, but Target has my  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9+5

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? E is going to be a year old on the 26th

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Still the random tantrums. Not much calms her down when she gets like that. BUT she has been sleeping so much better the last week or so! We put her down between 7 and 8, and she doesn't wake up until 5 or 6am when I nurse her in our bed and she sleeps again until 7:30 or so.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm so ready for newborn snuggles again. I miss my tiny baby.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: How long does it take a tooth to cut through?!? E finally started getting her first tooth maybe 3 weeks ago but it's made hardly any progress. It's just a little nub. 

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? Target hands down. Online, Amazon.
  • Options
    @schaze DD2 has been working on four teeth the last 2 months I swear.  Her teeth didn't come in in order, so she has the top four, the bottom two and her first molars on the bottom.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    -11 weeks yesterday.

-Levi will be 4 at the end of August. 

-I'm having a seriously hard time fully potty training my son. He is fully pee trained but is scared to poop on the potty. Nothing works to help him even want to attempt to try. I'm trying to be patient but getting so tired of cleaning poop out of underwear. 

-Excited to see Levi be a big brother and I'm so excited to have a little newborn to snuggle again. 

Target, Nordstrom Rack
  • Options
    @hmlynch84 Do you have any clue why he is scared to poop? Is it painful?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    11w2d

A will be 1 on Friday, I'm so excited!

Still just dealing with the throw up thing. She has thrown up 2 times this morning and all she's had was a 6 Oz bottle. There is no way I'm over feeding her since the last bottle she had was 12 hours previous. Her appointment next Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

I'm also super excited to a snuggly baby. I'm excited that the 2 will be close in age and I'm hoping super good friends. DD gets bored with us adults

Rave: DD took her first steps on Monday night. We didn't get them on camera but we got the second attempt. It was exciting to watch.

Ulta, Target, any furniture store
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)?  DS is 2.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  DS was just promoted to a new room at daycare now that he is 2. They potty train all day in there which is great, but it has presented 2 challenges. 1. I'm not ready to do this at home just yet because I feel like crap and I need to get life back in order. 2. Every time I go 'potty', DS all of a sudden needs to go 'potty' and tries to shove me off the toilet. Typically a large meltdown ensues which is rough because I pee a lot more often these days. He doesn't actually potty when he goes although he has gone once at daycare.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Looking forward to telling DH's family over the Fourth holiday. We still aren't totally sure how we are going to surprise them, but I can't wait. With DS, DH straight up just blabbed to his mom at 5 weeks. I was not impressed.

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? There is a massive mall not too far away. It has basically every store you could possibly think of. Might be the second largest in the country. I can't go there without spending hours because it takes forever to walk where I need to go usually haha. I also love Target like most moms :) I do a lot of online shopping too because Amazon Prime.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    10 weeks

DS is 3

Currently kind of thinking through where all the *stuff* is going to go...ideally, we'd move to a bigger house! But as it is, I'm going to have to give up my home office :( as well as drastically rearrange our house.

SO excited to snuggle this baby and watch it discover things. I watched an old video of DS learning how to suck his thumb the other day and had ALL the feels.

Rant: fatigue is my primary symptom rn, and it just makes me feel like a lazy jerk. Like, I'm not constantly throwing up, so I should be able to get off my butt more and get things done, right? Ugh.
    Rave: DS is being the absolute cutest lately, singing and narrating everything he does. Even singing about going to the potty. In detail. lol
    Random/Question: Has anyone bought clothes, maternity or otherwise, from PinkBlush? They have some cute stuff, but it's always hard to judge quality online.

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping?
    I'm just a basic Target bitch. :D

June Siggy Challenge: Fictional Dads
    Stanley Tucci in Easy A
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMs I personally haven't bought pinkblush, but a lot of girls from my last BMB did and loved it! I've been tempted for sure.
  • Options

How far along are you? 11 weeks today—that feels like progress!

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Emily is 21 months working on 22!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I really want to find more engaging activities to do with DD. It’s so hard when you work all day and just have the evenings free, but I want to be more proactive about designing activities she can do that are constructive and engaging.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Fast forward 27 months from now… just picturing them together brings me so much joy. I’m starting to suspect this one is a girl, and I am picturing lots of “girl” nights where we curl up in the bed together and read/play/sleep!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Sort of horrified at my weight today… I actually lost since my last appointment, but I did not see the number then and accidentally saw it today (I usually don’t look, since it is a trigger for my anxiety). I’m 6 pounds heavier than when I started with DD. Hilariously, I’m also an inch taller (no idea how), so I guess it evens out… Oh well, no ability to work on it now! Also, I can tell I’m going to be beyond anxious re: the blood work. I have a week to wait…

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? I love going to Target, but I could get lost in HomeGoods for sure. Also, I’m boring.

@mamakassie2  I was so where you are at 9 weeks 5 days, and then at 10 weeks 4 days I magically and suddenly started feeling better. I hope the same happens for you!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    9 and a half weeks ish

My son is 8.

I've started going to bed between 8 and 9 this week, I'm just so entirely exhausted. After my son goes to bed is the nice quiet time that my husband and I get to just chill together, and I miss that time a lot. 

Currently, I'm just look forward to feeling better soon, lol. 10 weeks is also a quarter done with pregnancy, which I'm pretty stoked about.

Thrift stores, hands down.

Target has great clearance, and Maurice's can out a dent in my wallet if I've decided to actually pay full price for my clothes.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7w 4d (maybe?) patiently waiting for my first Dr appt. 

DD- Avery 15 months

the mom guilt is so real right now. This baby wasn't exactly planned for this soon but we are excited. But I can't help think I'm loosing time with my DD, I haven't had enough time with just her. I know this will pass but I hope she transitions well. 

my DD is so loving & caring I can't wait to see her with this LO

WTH is with this bloat already? My scrubs are leaving indents! Should it be this bad already?! 

Target hands down.... Carter's is a close second! Lol
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7wks

7yrs, 6yrs, and 4yrs

Not at the moment

Same as last week, can't wait to spill the beans to the kids! 

We are love loving summer break! Today we have spent hours at a chuldrens museum and the kids are having so much fun!

I'm not a big shopper but if I had to spend hours in a store it'd be: target, IKEA, TJ Maxx and of course Amazon prime is my best friend.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    9wks

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Freya is almost 17 months now

Nothing new, just sleep. I just complained about it in the WTF thread. I don't understand why DD is taking only 1 30 minute nap nowadays. I really hope this increases, especially when the baby is here.

DD is being so loving to our cats - she cuddles them, constantly gives them kisses, and pats them. She also does this to other kids/babies, and I'm excited for her to be lovie with the baby. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I finally got an ultrasound yesterday and got to see the baby and the heartbeat. Melted my heart :)
     I am still just so exhausted and nauseous, and can't wait til I start feeling better. Having a toddler and being pregnant is SO tough! I want more kids, but I can't imagine doing this again. 

GTKY: Where's your favorite store to shop? Where could you get lost for hours shopping? Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

6 weeks, 6 days

2 years, 8 months

Morning sickness hit today, my house needs a deep clean, I have paperwork due, and I could barely lay in DD's bed tonight as DH read her stories. I need energy and strength.

• Options
    Hey everyone! Second time mom here at 9w4d...Question: Anyone else have boobs that haven't really grown at all? I stopped breast feeding my son the month before I got pregnant, but my boobs shrunk so much when I stoped and now that I'm pregnant, I assumed they'd get huge again like they did with my first pregnancy. Just curious if this is how it usually goes the second time or if my body is just weird lol
  • Options
    Man I missed everything last week somehow..

How far along are you? 
    10 weeks 2 days now

Z will be 3 in September

He is in a "fuck directions" phase right now and it's driving both of us up the wall. He can be such a perverse little creature sometimes. Current favorites are: slamming a door and then sitting in front of it when we try to open it, trying to wash his hands 2194782 times an hour, walking "sneaky" in parking lots, and refusing to stand up in the bath so I can wash him.

Potty training is a pretty good win right now. We started at home after his first week at school, where they have them use the potty during the day, and he's been mostly dry. I've only let him wear underwear twice and despite best efforts he wet them, but he's been keeping his pull-ups mostly dry. Next step will be getting him to go voluntarily/when he needs to, not just when I insist he has to try. Also, getting Daddy on board.

I would really like to stop being tired and queasy all the time. Like, that would be really great.

Target and Michael's. I get inspired and spend way too much on projects I never actually finish (cough*start) every time I go into Michael's. Also, planner stickers!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @steph30032 Me too. I stopped breastfeeding 1 week before I concieved but I had been slowly weening over the last few months there, and my boobs totally shrunk. They're still small now and don't ache at all, and I remember them hurting so much my first pregnancy. My boobs grew most when my milk came in after LO was born, so I'm assuming that's when they'll get bigger this time around too. 

@bainidhedub We have the opposite problem, hah. DD refuses to sit down in the bathtub. Oh well.
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    8w 3d

2 year old daughter

Feeling guilty about laying around and napping instead of playing with her. 

My DD is so excited to be a big sister and always says "mommy has a baby in her belly"

got my 1 hour glucose results back today and they were normal! Also had my first US and appt last week, such a relief!!!

I cannot find a good clothing store. I like NY&Co and The Loft but don't love. I could drop a lot of money in Dicks if I was rich lol. Target and Marshalls would have to be my fav!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

8w 

DD is 3.5 yo

My usually awesome eater has started to eat like a bird and all she wants are snacks. I'm also dreading the transition of not falling asleep in her bed with her. Mostly I lay down until she falls asleep but she's a night owl and fights sleep like no other so I usually end up in there until sometime in the middle of the night when I go to my bed

My DD is over the moon excited to be a big sister. Talks about the baby all the time.  We met up with my best friend and her 9 month old and my DD was amazing with him.  I know there will be moments but I was happy to see her so patient with him

Waiting till my first appt at 10 weeks with my midwife. It's driving me crazy!

I'm not a big shopper. I love farmers and craft markets though.  I do most of my clothes shopping online. I'm a yoga teacher so my work clothes I buy from places like Sweaty Betty and Prana. I'll shop at Maurices but it's not like I could lost there
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    @mamayogini3 , I'd be going crazy if I had to wait until 10 weeks, too!

How far along are you? 
    9 weeks 5 days

ds just turned 2

Like @missblaze, we're also figuring out how to configure our house for a family of four. Right now we're perfectly comfortable, with an office, a guest room and bedrooms for everyone. 

Current /successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 
    I'm still kinda struggling, but dh is really excited so that's pretty awesome.

It is nice to not be so consumed pregnancy this time. The first time it was all I could think about constantly. Nice to have ds as a distraction and to be more relaxed because I know what to expect.

I hate my body right now. So gross and bloated. Last time I felt better once I actually popped and actually looked pregnant.

Not a huge shopper. I guess I'd still say REI, even though now it's kinda depressing because I can't use so much of the gear any more.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)