Eco-Friendly Family

Deodorant

MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
edited August 2015 in Eco-Friendly Family
Can anyone recommend a good natural deodorant?  I've used Jason's Tea Tree and Kiss My Face Sport, and both do not last throughout the day.   Not to be TMI, but I stink by mid-afternoon and I can't keep reapplying at work.  Does anyone know of a good one that works really well and lasts a long time? 

Re: Deodorant

• I use the liquid crystal deodorant from the Rocky Mountain Soap Company and its fantastic. It's a company in Canada (where I live) but I'm sure they'll ship to the states. I've used it for 5 years now and would never switch back.

Also, if you're just switching from anti-perspirant to deodorant for the first time, your body will need some time to adjust to not having that barrier there. You might have to re-apply during the day for the first few weeks, but then you should be good!
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• I use Sugar & Spice deodorant. It's a local company (I'm from BC, Canada). It looks like they ship it, though! https://sugarandspicebbc.ca

I also found that those other brands didn't work for me either, but the Sugar & Spice does!
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • I get mine from a store called Lush. It's an organic cosmetics store. The kind I use is called Greench. It's a powder and is made with tea tree oil, also works great for feet and any areas that get heat rash. I'm in south Florida and if it can help us in this climate you know it's a good product.
  • I've tried a lot of natural deodorants and the only one that works for me is Crystal (the roll on style). I think Tom's has a roll on with the same ingredients 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• I've been making my own deo for a while now. It's a recipe of arrowroot powder (or cornstarch), baking soda, coconut oil, and whatever scent essential oil I happen to like. For me it's anything rose or lavender or citrus.
  • I have tried many natural deodorants over the years. I, too, have battled with finding one that's strong enough. I have settled on Zion Health Clay Dry roll-on. Has a great smell (very natural and subtle) and feel. Works pretty well overall, though in the summer I used a freshen-up spray I made of some essential oils (tea tree, lavender, cedar) in grain alcohol to use throughout the day, in addition to the clay dry.

https://reviews.vitacost.com/4595/75966/zion-health-clay-dry-natural-deodorant-3-oz-reviews/reviews.htm
  • I haven't worn deodorant since 2013 and don't have a problem with ordor at all. Sometimes I rub coconut oil on my pits, which helps with dryness, but be sure to let it dry in before putting tops on.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I use Lavanila. It works pretty well.

• Soapwalla is my favorite...lurker jumping in... :)
  • Love Stinkbug Naturals!
  • Google armpit detox! You use bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar. It helped me with the transition period! 
  • This post is super old, but Schmidts is amazing. I have tried about 10 natural deos and this one? You never smell at all! I have the kind with the little scoop out spoon and it is a total pain in the butt, but the deo does great and it's worth it.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Making your own is SOOOOOOO easy and cheap. All the natural stuff never worked for me while pregnant. This is the recipe I use.
    https://pin.it/XfNX0KJ
  • I love the Lavanila naturals, they are good