October 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In / 6-13

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile 

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check In / 6-13

• Options
    How far along are you? 24 Weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My belly still itches!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a check up this past Friday. Everything went well. They gave me my Glucose Drink...Not looking forward to that test in July!

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? How long do most people take for maternity leave? My Aflac insurance only pays for 6 weeks.

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days? I would love to travel. Stay a month or two here..leave and stay a month or two there. All while being able to take my family (Husband & Kid(s)). Would love for them to grow up with different views and to be able to personally learn about different places!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22+4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? It's starting to be hard to get comfortable enough to sleep. Some back pain.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope :) Just have my appt with the high-risk doctor and nutritionist next Monday to chat about my GD.

Rants/raves? Rant: I'm in Naples today and tomorrow for work. Hotels by myself = not fun. Rave: Coffee. That's all I got right now.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I have a dumb one I'm going to post in stupid questions in a minute. 

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days? I would be a blogger and have a fun Instagram where I take pictures of my perfect family, perfect fashion sense and perfect vacations.

• Options
    @feeislove I hope your day gets better!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I hope your appointment goes well on Monday! I am soo glad someone opened a "Stupid Questions" thread! Love to read about questions I haven't thought of...yet!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @nhoover88 haha right?!? I love that thread, too.

My STD policy gives me 6 weeks, too, and then I have around 2.5 weeks of vacation I'll take. The third month I'll be back to work, but from home. Fortunately for all of us, that last month kind of coincides with the holidays so things are naturally slow (at least in my job.) Makes it easier.

• Options
    @nhoover88 it kind of depends on the company. If I deliver vaginally, I get 6 weeks of STD - 60% of my pay. If I have a c-section, I get 8 weeks of STD - 60% of my pay. I can take 12 weeks of FMLA with my job secured, but I don't get paid for any of that.

My company basically says I can take as long as I want (the last person who went out on maternity, took 6 months). But I won't get paid for it. I also found out that I'm going to have to send in a check every 2 weeks to pay for my insurance - apparently in the past, they have cut people off from benefits when they go out on STD. So basically my STD 60% is going to go right back into paying for our insurance, which will leave me with approximately $100 for bills while out on maternity.

I'm not bitter.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @nhoover88  My STD policy will cover 6 or 8 weeks, depending on what type of birth I have.  I can use sick days after that to take up to 12 weeks total under FMLA.  I am due October 1, so I plan to stay out until after Thanksgiving.  We only have 3 weeks back at school between Thanksgiving and our 2 week Christmas break, so I figure that will be a good transition for both of us.  Mom's will watch the LO and he will start Daycare after the first of the year.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks today. 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I feel like my belly really popped this weekend. Which was cool since we were visiting the IL's and they got to see my preggo belly :) 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  No appointments lately. The next one is a normal check up on the 21st. 

Rants/raves?  I really want a watermelon margarita. Obviously I'm not drinking, but we went to my favorite Mexican food place for dinner this weekend and I was drooling at all the people drinking delicious margaritas! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not at the moment. The stupid questions thread is really helpful reading material for a FTM. 

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days? I would definitely travel. I want to see ALL the places! I'd also like to take the time to write a novel. 
  • Options
    @JessDG Shoes?!? What are those?!? Haha...I've been in flip-flops since hitting 19 weeks! :)  I know the belly itch all too well! Wake up in the middle of the night itching! I have a hard time walking upstairs, but the time I get to the top I have to stop and just take a moment.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    haha I'm currently in a battle between my feet hurting in flip flops and not being able to tie regular shoes.  I think my solution is to find more comfortable flip flops!
  • Options
    @jessdg I was having that same issue in flip flops, they were all way too flat. I got these from Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D9844SE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And they're great, albeit not the cutest shoes, but IDGAF.

• Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @brambles23 I'm glad I'm not the only one who is growing out of maternity clothes. This one shirt is not going to last much longer!
  • Options
    @JessDG @bluejeanbabi05  I have Skechers Go Walk. They are like floating on a cloud! LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ariz17 lol you're prob the only one I know who would have that much of a positive outlook on stretch marks. But happy for you! Grow baby grow!

@nhoover88 my SIL recommended those to me too. I don't think I've ever had luck with scetchers but I'm gonna have to look into them now.

been a little mia from this check in because copying and pasting from mobile is a PITA but today I've got more down time!

How far along are you?

25 weeks yikes. Slowwww downnnn
    My nipples are so dark and I think I got a linea. I've always had a line but it ended way before my belly button. Now it's grown a little higher past my belly button. Weird. And I'm also having trouble picking things up from the floor. Belly is in the way!
    Haven't had any appointments in a while. I was supposed to have one last week but I'm still transferring between offices. Hope to get scheduled soon. 
    Rants/raves? 
    Rants - baby shower scheduling for two families is so damn difficult. 
    Rave - SIL gave me a ton of clothes and I have SO MANY OPTIONS NOW. So awesome. I want to get her something in return, any thoughts?

I'll be starting a travel thread for some of my questions. 

I WOULD BE A FORMULA ONE DRIVER OR STUNT DRIVER AND TRAVEL THE WORLD WITH MY AWESOME DH AND CLAN OF 5 KIDS. I have always always always wanted to be a race car driver and I wish I could have Patrick Dempsey's life. Act and travel and scorch the track. Him and Keanu are my spirit animals. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @melarowan I hate hearing how much pain you're in. I hope they can rx you something stronger. I've read that drugs in the Vicodin class are ok for baby, obviously they have a lot of cons in other areas but like you said, it's a matter of weighing what's best for you against the risks.

• Options
    How far along are you?
    23 weeks today! Yay viability!

Nothing major. I'm feeling so much movement now!

Nope. We have our next OB appointment on Friday.

Rants/raves? 
    Nothing in particular. Just happy to be on summer break!

Absolutely I would travel! I would love to be able to settle somewhere for several months, then pick up and go somewhere else for a while.
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 Thanks. I'm really trying to not gripe about it all the time IRL or on here.  But, it's wearing on me hard.  All- Feel free to poke at me if I'm talking about it too much.  I can take it and I'll change the subject.  But, fair warning, I'll prob start talking about cats or food. ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @nhoover88  Maternity leaves are so variable.  Generally speaking 6-8 weeks is when you're medically cleared to return to work so a lot of the short term disability plans (if you buy them personally or if your employer has that option) use that milestone for coverage.  FMLA if you are eligible for it should ensure that you can keep your job after being out for 12 weeks (so long as you didn't use a ton of FMLA for other reasons).  Sometimes infants still haven't hit a groove with sleeping, feeding, colick-y behavior, which makes even 3 months maternity leave difficult to return to work from.  Some work-places will keep you a job, any job - if you stay out past FMLA up to a certain time point (commonly 6 months).  Ultimately, it's the balance between what portion is paid, what is unpaid, what's your job security, and how much time do you want to stay home.

For example, I'll have 6 week 100% pay short term disability (if vaginal), then use PTO, then take time without pay.  I'll probably stay out the entire period of FMLA that would secure my job and then some an extra week or so longer since I don't have concerns about them reassigning me a different job if I stay out longer than FMLA.  It just makes more sense to return to work after the holidays for me which I predict will be around 13-14 weeks leave.

With DS1, I was ready (mentally, physically, and DS was in a reasonable groove - but not STTN) to return to work by 14 weeks.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @melarowan Sorry to hear you are in that much pain! Hopefully they can find a good fix for you. And don't worry about talking about it too much! We are here for support :) 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23w6d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Really tired lately. I'm worried it's the GD. Also having some stomach pains but I wouldn't call them cramps. I think things are just getting crowded up in there. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my f/u A/S and everything looked good. Next appt including glucose test is tomorrow.  

Rants/raves? DH and I have been bickering about the dumbest stuff lately. I think we are both stressed about all the things we need to get done before baby arrives. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Are you giving hostess gifts to your baby shower hosts? Any brilliant ideas? I have 2 friends hosting mine and I have no idea what is appropriate to give them. 

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days? Have more babies. Start either a venture capital firm, a small business consultancy, my own start-up, or all of the above. Eat at all the best restaurants. Buy a few vacation homes. Stress out a lot less :smile:
  • Options
    @roo_baby why do they have you taking the glucose test early? Also, good question about the hostess gift! No ideas here but also need inspiration. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 23 + 3 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Feeling better in my hips this week. Maybe a bit hungrier than normal. Definitely getting strong kicks from baby, though not as often as id like. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had a follow up A/S last Wednesday. Everything looked great, no need for a fetal echo. I have my 4 weeks follow up with my OB tomorrow.

Rants/raves? Its hot out hers folks.

GTKY: If money were not a factor, what would you do for the rest of your days? Open an animal sanctuary for factory farmed & abused animals.

\

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 They said I can do it anytime between 24-28 weeks, but might as well do it when I am there anyway for the check up. That way I can drink the stuff, go to the doctor, and then come back in an hour. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    22w4d
    My nausea has calmed down a bit finally
    Had my 2nd prenatal class with doc appt yesterday. Things are going well with the little guy
    Rants/raves? 
    Rant: our summer program director at work is so incompetent and she makes all our lives harder
    Rave: motherhood maternity had really good sales when I went last Fri so I've now got 4 more maternity pants
    None that I can think of
    I would reduce my hours at work to part time (it drives me nuts to not work for a long time) and spend the rest of my time paper crafting and learning new crafts
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers