June 2017 Moms
Options

38 weeks: comment, share progress, commiserate

Hello again! 
Another week is behind us! No telling how many weeks are still ahead, but they are dwindling.
How is everyone at 38 weeks doing? 
Signs of labor? 
Recent appointments/checks? 
Are you doing anything to attempt to start labor? 
Are you ready today or fine with LO hanging out for a few more weeks? Are you more ready than last week? 
Comments/questions: 

Re: 38 weeks: comment, share progress, commiserate

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I am so much more ready this week! 
    I posted this on the symptoms thread, but I've been having BHs pretty regularly since yesterday morning. They are now becoming slightly painful in my lower abdomen and I'm having back pain consistent with mild menstrual cramping.
    Everything is ready and I'm hoping that either the tightening goes away or gets more regular and painful bc I'd rather not have a week or two of feeling like I might go to the hospital at any time. I know that is technically where everyone stands at the end of pregnancy, but I was much happier when there was no signs of anything happening. It is confusing to me to have pretty regular contractions that aren't painful. Could this go on for weeks? I drank plenty of water, took a bath, moved around, slept, and still pretty consistent tightening and releasing is going on. 
    I ate some pineapple last night and DTD this morning (I don't really believe either will do anything, but I had pineapple and wanted to make sure we DTD in case anything does happen and we won't be able to for months!). 
    Edit bc it posted too soon
  • Options
    Well I'm only dialated a fingertip. Hopefully that means I'll be able to enjoy Memorial Day weekend at the lake! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks... Yeeey... But it's terribly painful changing sides on the bed. I usually feel like baby's going to pop out any second.i also have sharp pains in my V-jay. My antenatal is tomorrow and I'm not quite  going to handle my pelvic exams. Still contemplating if I should do it or not but I can't wait to give birth. I've been squatting, walking and about starting the pineapple thingy. I hope this all works very soon. 
  • Options
    hpolumhpolum member
    I'm miserable! Lightning crotch for the last several weeks, daily contractions that go on for an hour and then quit, and I'm dilated to a 4 and 50% effaced. And baby is LOW (the doc said he could feel his head when he checked me yesterday). I'm so ready to be done. I've been eating spicy food, walking A LOT, drinking raspberry tea, and eating pineapple and mango, but no luck yet. 
  • Options
    I am a FTM and I am honestly feeling pretty fantastic today! My entire pregnancy has been pretty easy compared to most I have heard about. But the past 2 days I had some awful lower back pain and my legs were aching but I wasnt having any BH/contractions. My midwife was not the least concerned at my appt yesterday, I was kind of hoping she was going to tell me I was in labor and didnt know it. She checked me and I am dilated to 2cm and I am almost 90% effaced. Also after my exam, I believe my bloody show has started and it has not subsided either! I'm pretty excited and just ready for him to be here already even though my due date isnt until next friday (June 2nd)! I've been trying to walk a lot even though I am already on my feet all day at work but I also have a birthing ball I want to start trying out! 
  • Options
    mombodmombod member
    Nottie.... good luck! Sounds like it could be close. With my son I had my bloody show on a  Tuesday afternoon and Weds morning my water broke. I felt great until then too.
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited May 2017
    I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, can I comment in here? All I can say is everything is tiring, I'm uncomfortable, achey and I feel gigantic.  Baby is low and that hurts my vajayjay.   
    I can do half errands in one day and save the next day for more.  I made two desserts, swiffered, dusted, and vacuumed for hubby's party tomorrow.
    Therefore, I had no energy for Target.  Instead I ordered a nursing tank, granny panties, and even face towelettes off amazon. :lol:
    Now instead of making dinner(frozen ), I cooked last night, I'm rocking myself in baby girl's nursery. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have just a handful of days left before my planned section! 
    I started having bad lower back pain, but I chalk that up to some old nerve damage. Really hoping it's not anything more than that.
    My SPD this time around was pretty mild until this last month. Since then it's been pretty intense. Cannot wait to be done with it!

I had a new nesting urge kick in: all of a sudden wanted to get my backyard outfitted with a new grill, paving stones, and an awning. Um what...?!?! I mean, that would be nice, but where did that come from? Hahahaha
    Anyone else having weird nesting urges like that (the kind that are random and have little/nothing to do with the baby)?

• Options
    @silliegirlie143 I just hosed down the entire exterior of the house today. I mean, it needed it, but still...
  • Options
    @ladylolly89 I legit LOL'd at the thought of standing outside with the pressure washer right now! 

• Options
    @ladylolly89 I legit LOL'd at the thought of standing outside with the pressure washer right now! 
    I'm pretty sure I got plenty of stares from people driving by! :lol:
  • Options
    @silliegirlie143 Yes! I totally just concocted an entire plan to reprint our house, replace all the windows, and put new shutters on. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I'll be 38 weeks in a couple of days so I'll post.  Only have like 3 more days of work left (yay).  The other ladies at work have been trying to spare me lately so I know I look exhausted.  I'm trying to muster up some more house-cleaning energy this weekend just in case I go into labor.  Sleeping at night is hit or miss, mostly miss.  I just have a ton of BH and get hot really easily.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    38 weeks today! Can't believe we've gotten this far! My hips kill, I can barely roll out of bed anymore. He is so low, I'm pretty sure his head is half way out already. Lol the bags are packed and we're ready whenever he is!! 
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    Had my 38 week appointment today. 1 cm dialated, but she also said baby is really high and it seems my pelvis has an odd shape based on how she had to get in there to check. Looks like a c-section is likely for me :frowning: Will see what it looks like next week at my appointment.
  • Options
    Had my 38 week appointment with NST this morning. Was 1cm dilated, 50% effaced. Baby is high still so I'm like 99% certain nothing will happen prior to my induction on 6/16. I'm so thankful that it's not too far away because I'm really feeling done. 
  • Options
    38 week appt today! Still high, 1 cm displayed. So nothing exciting basically. 
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and soooo ready. At 37w2d I was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated. Doc said she is as low as she can go and is looking healthy enough to come at any time. I've had some painful lower contractions but nothing regular. I walked nearly 3 miles yesterday, have been bouncing on my exercise ball and plan on DTD later today. Any other tips to get things moving?!
  • Options
    38 weeks today! We have been DTD nearly every day and I've been bouncing on my birth ball, walking and nipple stimulation! All it's been doing is making me cramp and my back hurt. I think I've been slowly losing my mucus plug over the last 10 days or so. Just a little every other day or so. 
    I am ready for her to be here! But I know she will come when she is ready. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just hit 38 weeks yesterday!
    For the first time this pregnancy I'm actually feeling pretty good BUT tired because school is officially out and chasing/entertaining a 4 yr old is much more exhausting than school age children.

Signs of labor? 
    Lots of contractions but nothing consistent. Pretty sure mucus plug pieces were being dropped yesterday... mucus but not a whole lot of blood.

We had a busy day yesterday! Had an OB apt where she stripped my membrains and scheduled the induction for Sunday the 18th at 7am. It's an elective induction because my OB's son is getting married and I wanted her to be there for the birth.
    Then we went to sibling class at the hospital. My kiddo loved the hospital tour and a little silly video but wasn't into the little activities like swaddling and diapering. There was one little boy there who's baby sister was born at 28 weeks and it was quite adorable how excited he got. I think my kiddo is at the point where we've been talking about this baby coming for so long, he's lost interest in this fictional being.

Bouncing on the ball, RRL tea, sex, and spicy food. If she comes before the induction, I will be ecstatic!

Are you ready today or fine with LO hanging out for a few more weeks? Are you more ready than last week? 
    So ready. Come on baby girl!!!

Comments/questions:

• Options
    I feel so swollen. My ankle bones are hiding.

Signs of labor? 
    Nada.

Last check was Saturday. I was dilated 1 cm with a soft and stretchy cervix.

I was using EPO, but after she checked me I Saturday, my midwife said that she didn't think I needed it, so I stopped. I was also taking RRL in capsule form, but after having contractions all night on Friday, my mw thought they were caused by the RRL and suggested stopping that as well. So, at this point, I'm doing nothing.

I'm definitely ready to have this baby. I'm not necessarily more ready than last week, but I'm much more uncomfortable.

Comments/questions: 
    This is going to sound weird, but I want to hurry up and have this baby so I can finally get some sleep. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    shmarpler said:
    -snip- Comments/questions: 
    This is going to sound weird, but I want to hurry up and have this baby so I can finally get some sleep. 
    Oh goodness, yes! I think the one thing I'm looking forward to the most about not being pregnant is sleeping on my stomach again! I think side sleeping has been the most annoying thing about this pregnancy.
  • Options
    shmarpler said:
    -snip- Comments/questions: 
    Oh goodness, yes! I think the one thing I'm looking forward to the most about not being pregnant is sleeping on my stomach again! I think side sleeping has been the most annoying thing about this pregnancy.
    Yes! It makes me hurt everywhere! I had to get my shoulders adjusted after DD1 was born. Side sleeping totally messed me up.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17