September 2017 Moms

Hospital bag

It's still super early for me, but I'm curious what is in your hospital bag? I'd like to start making a list of things I should include, even if I don't actually pack it for a while yet.

What did you absolutely need at the hospital (especially items for post-C section)?

What did you pack that you never used?

What did you wish you'd had?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hospital bag

• FTM here, but I made my hospital bag checklist based on the provided items check sheet the L&D ward gave us. Our L&D ward only provides a hospital gown, ice chips or broth for mom, diapers for baby, birthing ball (provided one is available), breast pump rental if considered medically necessary, mesh panties, sanitary napkins, 1 pillow for mom, and a peri bottle. Their paperwork recommends bringing your own pillows from home if you want / need more than the 1 hospital pillow. They also say to bring your own soap / shampoo if you plan to shower since they don't provide that either. I got a list of items to bring with me if I wanted those things and did not want to have to purchase the items from the hospital's gift shop two floors down.

I would highly reccommend checking with your hospital hospital as to exactly what they do or do not provide so you can be prepared. Something's you might expect to provided may not actually be.

My hospital bag checklist is as follows:

For Daddy:

• Change of clothes (both for sleeping and the next day)
    • Razor and shaving cream
    • Hair gel and brush
    • Pillow
    • Snacks
    • Toothpaste and tooth brush
    • Deodorant 
    • Phone charger and ear phones
    • Flip flops
    • Water bottle

For Mommy:

• Going home outfit
    • Socks / slippers to walk around in during labor
    • Snacks
    • Tooth brush and toothpaste
    • Deodorant
    • Shaving cream and razor
    • Hair bands
    • Nursing bra 
    • Nursing pads
    • Shampoo, conditioner, and soap
    • Hand sanitizer
    • Pads / underwear for going home
    • Comfy outfit for during labor
    • Phone charger and ear phones
    • Flip flops
    • Nipple cream, lotion, and chapstick
    • Make-up 
    • Purse with insurance card and license 

For Baby:

• Hat, socks, and mittens
    • Onesies
    • Going home outfit
    • Swaddle blankets
    • Pacifier
    • Car seat and infant head support insert
    • Loaded diaper bag
    • Nursing pillow 
  • I brought (and used): clean clothes, flip flops so I could walk around the hospital, computer/phone/camera and necessary chargers, a big plastic cup with a straw, hair rubber bands, a cloth headband to keep my hair out of my face, a blanket for H, snacks (mainly for H and for after delivery. Hospital food is gross)

I brought (and didn't use): makeup, kindle, magazines
  • Loading the player...
  • I use an app called Tick Tick for list making, so I just took a screen shot of the hospital list I made last week. The only reason I put makeup and stuff to do my hair with is because we're getting newborn pictures made at the hospital and my hair becomes a frizzy mess after I take a shower. Some of the other stuff is in case I have to be induced again, and am in the hospital for a day or two again waiting for labor to start. 

• Make sure you pack yourself clothes to go home in that are stretchy and/or loose. Whether you have vaginal or c-section, you won't want any pants cinching your waist OR tight around your butt (hello massive maxi pads lol). 

1st time I packed way too much, 2nd time just the necessities:
    •loose clothes for me
    •2 outfits for baby (one newborn size, one 0-3 bc who knows how small/big baby will be)
    •chargers
    •toothbrush + paste
    •deodorant
    •travel size Shampoo/conditioner
    •a handful of disposable nursing pads
    •chapstick 
    •a few bags of cheez-it's just in case heh
    •$10 worth of $1's for vending machines just in case
  • I packed way too much for my 1st time. All I plan on packing this time is:

outfit to go home (I used the hospital gowns the whole time)
    underwear 
    phone plugs
    ipod 
    tooth brush, brush and shower stuff
    waterbottle

my husband packed comfy clothes, phone/charger and his shower stuff, etc

and for baby I only really needed a nursing pillow and a outfit to go home since my hospital provided everything else. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited June 2017
    I'm packing one of these...  :#

PoshPushers.com

FFFC.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • FTM when would  you suggest packing a hospital bag.. I was thinking 30 weeks start getting a bag ready.
  • @bnmort8 are you at risk for going early or have a family history of going early? I would just recommend making a list early but packing closer to 36 weeks. If you pack at 30 weeks your bag could be packed for 12 weeks if you go the full 42 weeks. 
  • lol, I was lazy- mine got packed around 39 weeks. The chance of you starting labor and not having time to throw stuff in a bag is low and I wouldn't want things sitting in a bag for 10-12 weeks, I feel like I would miss them and take them out. 
  •  I've never packed a bag before hand...I just grab some stuff and go. On the plus side the hospital is 10-15 minutes from our house. So I guess that's why I don't worry about as much. Lol
  • I tried not to bring too much extra for my first baby, here's the essentials for me:
    • chapstick, hair ties, shampoo/ conditioner, towel from home (hospital towels are awful, and tiny) and hair dryer, glasses, contacts/case/solution, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.
    • Black yoga pants, tank tops, pumping bra (I EP'd with DS1, plan to do so with DS2), flip flops, sports/ nursing bra, lanolin nipple balm (Lansinoh brand is awesome for pumping),
    • Phone charger, camera, nook/ books, change for vending machines, FOOD**, ID/ insurance card
    • Newborn and 3m outfit to bring baby home in.  Also, if you plan on FF or supplementing, I recommend bringing one of the small 6 packs of newborn formula.*

**Food- DS was born at midnight, and all the major food options in the hospital (except Subway!) were closed by the time we made it to our room, around 3am.  I literally had the best turkey sub of my life at 3am, from Subway.  Bring something substantial to eat afterwards, just in case.
    *  It took our hospital almost 8h to get formula to DS, because the doctor had to 'call in' for it first.  I supplemented with formula until my milk came in, and I was pissed that it took so long for the formula to be approved and delivered to our room.  That won't be happening this time.

DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bnmort8 are you at risk for going early or have a family history of going early? I would just recommend making a list early but packing closer to 36 weeks. If you pack at 30 weeks your bag could be packed for 12 weeks if you go the full 42 weeks. 

No risk as of yet and no history my mom thinks I'll be going late so your probably right I should wait till 36 weeks. thank you!
  •    tfrangul said:
     I've never packed a bag before hand...I just grab some stuff and go. On the plus side the hospital is 10-15 minutes from our house. So I guess that's why I don't worry about as much. Lol

we are delivering about 45min-1hr away :#
  • I'm due Aug 31st and doc said to have a bag at the beginning of August, so that'd be around the 36 week mark. 
    We also can't forget to have the car seat installed around that time, since baby can't leave hospital without it. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @bnmort8 that's how it was with my first. But we had pets and I was with an asshole who refused to be at the hospital​with me except at night so there's that. I feel lucky with my current husband​. He wants to be there but can still pop by the house to take care of our pets and grab anything we foget. I'm honestly mostly stressing about our kids and where they still be!
  • :# Flip flops for the shower was a must for me if you are weird about taking showers in different places!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • bnmort8 said:
    FTM when would  you suggest packing a hospital bag.. I was thinking 30 weeks start getting a bag ready.
    I am currently having this dilemma. I'm at risk for preterm labor, so I feel like I should be ready early, but it's also totally possible I'll go full term. I don't want a bag sitting around packed for 10 weeks (with things in it I might want to use in the meantime), but I also want to make sure I'm ready. And if I do go into preterm labor, I'll definitely be heading to the hospital in a rush, so probably won't want to stop to pack a bag...
  • @tfrangul I believe our plan is to have his friend stay with our dogs till we get home since grandparents will want to be in waiting room. Already having kids I bet make that stressful hopefully you can figure that out soon.
  • bnmort8   feel ya we are roughly 2 1/2 hours away from the hospital (more than a little freaked out about the long car ride in labor...did I mention my husband drives soooo slow). I have heard about doing a bag just for the ride..with things that might help you feel comfortable in the car. 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • bnmort8   feel ya we are roughly 2 1/2 hours away from the hospital (more than a little freaked out about the long car ride in labor...did I mention my husband drives soooo slow). I have heard about doing a bag just for the ride..with things that might help you feel comfortable in the car. 
    Plastic bags and paper towels for possible puking. Which I know from experience.
  • I had a cs and a long hospital stay, so here are the things I used, although most have been mentioned:

My own nursing pjs
    Sleeping bras/nursing bra or tank
    Nursing pads
    Lanolin or nipple butter
    Robe
    Flip flops
    Shampoo/cond/face wash/deodorant
    Toothbrush/paste
    Brush/blowdryer
    Lots of snacks
    Chapstick
    Batterypack charger for cell phone(you may not get out of bed right away)
    Cell phone charger cord
    Slippers & socks
    Yoga pants/maternity shirt for going home
    Carseat
    Receiving blanket
    Outfit for baby
    Hairties
    Makeup possibly for pictures
    Meds
    Cash
  • sarahufl said:
    bnmort8   feel ya we are roughly 2 1/2 hours away from the hospital (more than a little freaked out about the long car ride in labor...did I mention my husband drives soooo slow). I have heard about doing a bag just for the ride..with things that might help you feel comfortable in the car. 
    Plastic bags and paper towels for possible puking. Which I know from experience.
    Here's what I'd recommend (full disclosure, my drive is 10 minutes in bad traffic so I've never been in your situation)
    1. Food. If you're delivering in a hospital, they likely won't let you eat once you are admitted so eat what/when you can during the drive.
    2. A couple bottles of water.
    3. Hair ties.
    4. Sunglasses in case you're driving during the day.
    5. A sleep mask in case you want/are able to doze off.
    6. Towels in case your water breaks (I would just sit on them the whole ride if your water hasn't broken before you leave).
    7. Clean wash cloths that you can dampen with the water and use to cool yourself or wipe sweat.
    8. Car charger for your phones.
    9. Stress balls or something you can squeeze in your hands, between your legs, with your arms, etc. (you won't be able to squeeze DH hard if he's driving)
    10. If you have a play list on your phone for your labor, have a way to play it in the car too.
    11. Cash.
    12. Spare keys. You know, just in case :smile:
    13. Make sure that starting around 36 weeks you always keep your gas tank half to 3/4 full. 2.5 hours is long enough. You don't want to have to stop for gas before heading out of town.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Lizlann those are great ideas! thanks! 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • @mc123mc I'm not judging but just curious, will your hospital let you drink wine there?
  • @mc123mc I'm not judging but just curious, will your hospital let you drink wine there?
    No hospital will. All in secret!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
    No hospital will. All in secret!
    Ok, that's what I thought! I couldn't imagine my hospital allowing me to BYOB!
  • STM. Everyone has pretty much covered the basics. I was there for 3.5 days (induction plus strep + so 48 hour mandatory stay). I plan on bringing a pack of bottled waters and Gatorade. I was SO thirsty BFing and I had two huge plastic hospital jugs and constantly needed refills. I also plan on bringing snacks because room service took forever. I only brought a going home outfit for DS but I plan on bringing more clothes this time. I only wore the mesh panties and took those home with me. Comfy clothes the whole time and nursing bras. This time I plan on bringing nursing tanks. 
  • I guess my hospital doesn't encourage drinking but I've heard from many moms who have delivered there that they brought wine or champagne and the nurses saw and didn't say anything. 
    I know I'll be too tired to actually drink more than a few sips but this is my last pregnancy and I want to celebrate a little!! 
  • for a bridal shower gift my bridesmaids gave me a bottle of wine for each celebration in life for our first baby  there is a bottle of sprinkling cider (I believe its cider) with a cute saying about baby however we were suppose to drink that already but still have not thinking of bringing that and celebrating with hubby and when grandparents visit in hospital
  • mc123mc said:
    I guess my hospital doesn't encourage drinking but I've heard from many moms who have delivered there that they brought wine or champagne and the nurses saw and didn't say anything. 
    I know I'll be too tired to actually drink more than a few sips but this is my last pregnancy and I want to celebrate a little!! 
    Amen! A glass of prosecco / champagne is the one alcohol thing I've missed, and I mentioned to my MIL that I wanted one after delivery. Knowing her, she will remember!
  • @brbmama you best believe I had my husband bring me my razor while I was in the hospital. I was able to bend over and see my vag for the first time in months! Lol I didn't care about any hospital staff or anything seeing stubble I was just overjoyed to feel like a human again! Haha! Baby #3 for us and I will be doing the same again this time! 
  • adooadoo member
    My delivery with DS was an emergency c-section, I'm leaning towards another c-section this time around.

does anyone have advice for a RCS packing list?
  • cchenal07cchenal07 member
    edited July 2017
    @adoo I am having a RCS. I know I plan on buying a cheap pack of high wasted old lady undies. Also I am packing a couple nursing night gowns, comfy nursing dress, a light robe, and high wasted maternity yoga pants to come home in, and my boppy pillow. You for sure do no want anything against your stitches and having the pillow to help with holding the baby is a huge plus. Any other ideas would be great!
  • adooadoo member
    @cchenal07 thanks!  It's so strange to think about this stuff, I know for my DS I packed a "labor" bag but I guess I don't really need that this time around.. 

• Yes! This time around I am just trying to make a list of things I know I will be comfortable in and ok walking or seeing vistors in. Last time my feet were super swollen so I want to make sure I have shoes that will fit. Everything else besides baby stuff would be items I would take for a hotel stay.
  • OMG I forgot about the swollen feet and legs! My feet were so swollen I could only get my sneakers on with them barely laced. Flip flops wouldn't even fit on my feet for a few days. Epsom salt foot baths when I got home seemed to help. 

So steal the plastic tubs they give you. I don't even know why I had them in the room but they where these grey plastic tubs, just big enough for my feet to fit in. I brought those puppies home and set up foot baths for myself. 

and another pro tip: My hospital prescribed stool softener, to help you go #2 after, but you have to go to CVS and get it AFTER you give birth. Who wants to do that? Just buy some before hand and start taking it when you start going into labor. 

I am a RCS and I am going to start a day before my C so I have some in my system and hopefully won't end up getting blocked up for a week again. 
  • On our hospital tour the nurse actually said we could feel free to bring a bottle of champagne!
  • Something that I'll add which I remembered last night. A baby book to put foot/hand prints in.