Nervous about meds and breastfeeding (intro) — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Nervous about meds and breastfeeding (intro)

Hi 

I have just recently been diagnosed with PPD and anxiety although i believe I have been suffering since my first was born 4.5 yrs ago.  I am 9 weeks PP with my third little boy and it had become quite difficult to deal with everything all together, I was getting very angry at both my children and my husband and this prompted me to visit my DR.  He has put me on 10 mg of Apo-Escitalopram (lexapro) once a day.  He has said it is fine for breastfeeding, essentially the benefits are better on it then off it.  I will be watching for side effects with my LO and myself.  My question is, have any of you taken this one while breastfeeding and if so did you have any difficulties I should be watching for such as milk supply decrease etc?  My LO is exclusively BF.  I naturally am a over producer (am this time and was with y previous two babies) as well as a super fast let down.  TIA

Re: Nervous about meds and breastfeeding (intro)

• I do not have any experience with this one. In case you aren't familiar with the website, Lactmed should give a little more information.  They tend to be quite thorough. Glad you are getting what you need to feel better and be the best Mama for your kids!