June 2017 Moms

Really bad pelvic pain!

im 40w5 and have my induction scheduled in 2 days. For about 5 hours now I'm having really bad pelvic pain. Like pain between my hip bones. It hurts to do almost anything except try to be really still. It hurts to lay, to sit, to sit on the toilet. Pain fades a little when walking but come right back with certain positions. 

I dont want want to go to the hospital and end up being told it's normal and turned away.

anyone know what this is and/or experienced this?

Re: Really bad pelvic pain!

• A call to your OB couldn't hurt.

That being said, I felt this way a few days ago and figured out it was because I had done too much the day before it started.  Have you been doing a lot of bending, cleaning, vacuuming, etc.?
  • No I haven't done much in 2 days. My doctors office is close so not sure if I should go into l&d 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2017
    Removed for TOU violation
  • Like @GoodWitchoftheNorth, I had some pain after painting my guest room. When I was pregnant with DD1, I would also get pelvic pain with inactivity.

It may be caused my baby dropping. You could try calling L&D to see what they say.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I would get that when I did too much. Even what felt like not "too much." Like just hauling a couple heavy loads of groceries inside. Or taking a relatively slow and short walk (two miles). I've never called my midwives about it. If it were me, I wouldn't go in. If it was really that bad that I was super concerned, I'd sleep on it and call the next morning when the office opens. 
  • We're not doctors. Call your OB. Thank you.