September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 6/12

How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms 6/12

• 28+4. 
    My hips and lower back hurt in my sleep. I wake up and switch sides, but I always feel achy for a while. I have a wedge pillow that I use, and sometimes another pillow between my legs. I've been to the chiropractor too, but at this point, it's just uncomfortable, not unbearable. 
    Starting to notice stretch marks below my belly button :(
    Tired and trouble sleeping
    Some swelling in the feet
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • 27+3

Bloody freaking gums.  Like pouring blood after I floss especially.  I keep waking up with blood in my mouth during the night also which I thought might be from my sinuses but now that the blood is increasing while I am brushing or flossing so I think it is my gums! I have never had anything like this before.  I am going to try to make a dentist appointment ASAP today to see what is going on.

Leg cramps constantly at night.  I keep rolling from one side to the other ALL NIGHT LONG.

• Loading the player...
  • 24+6days

Hello heart burn!! :( tight stomach and lots of movement <3

• 25 weeks

Now that temps have skyrocketed from the 50s several days ago to 90s I've got ankle and feet swelling. Looking down and not seeing a defined ankle is extremely odd. 
  • 26 weeks Holy cow, so much swelling! We're at the beach, so I leave my rings in the room during the day, and this morning I tried to put them back on and they would barely budge on, then I almost couldn't get them off. I know swelling is normal at this stage, but I'm still going to check my blood pressure at Publix today just to rule out preeclampsia signs.
  • 28 + 3 and for the past few days I've been feeling this periodic tightening/pressure just to the left of my belly button. It doesn't hurt, but it is a little uncomfortable. I was originally thinking it was Braxton Hicks, but then a little while ago I felt it, then felt the baby move around that area, and then it went away. So now I'm just wondering if when the baby moves in that particular spot it causes a weird feeling?
  • @rhubarb7216 is it like rock hard when you touch that area? I was feeling a lot of pressure and my mom felt it and said it was the baby pushing because when she pushed softly you could feel the baby move. you can also she like a rock shape in the are I feel pressure when laying down, was weird at first but now I think its pretty cool and exciting . Maybe that's what this is? I'm just guessing. FTM so learning all this for first time lol
  • 26+2
    Insomnia, back/leg pain and heartburn

The vomiting has subsided. It is now just excessive gagging especially in the morning as I try to eat breakfast. 

I am not sure how I made it through my twin pregnancy! I am struggling these days!  
  • 25+3. Hungry all the time. Back and hip pain. 
  • 28w today 

intermittent back pain (mostly lower back)
    braxton hicks
    some leg cramps 

it's in the 90's in NY! 

not noticing a distinct pattern in movement yet, but definitely feeling more movement in the evening. Anterior placenta so most of those "kicks" feel pretty muffled (from what I can tell). But H and I both felt a huge kick a few nights ago -- that was the biggest kick I've felt so far (and since) so it's cool we felt it together. Kinda wish I didn't have an anterior placenta so H had more of a chance of hearing the HB from the outside, though! 

Hello third trimester! 
  • 27+5 

- Tailbone pain. Incapacitating. I waddle, I cry, when I stand, I have to lean over and get my weight off my legs to relieve it. I went to the chiropractor today and I'll go again on Wednesday. I can't take my socks and shoes off, or roll over in bed without excruciating pain shooting through my butt and back.
    - Hip pain. If I sleep on my right side, I will wake up in horrible sharp pain in my hip and cry as I try to get off it, but it takes forever to move and so painful too!
    - Heartburn. Dragon breath. Always. 4 am is the worst every night. And it's during the day too..
    - Nausea! I'm nauseous all the time now!

No stretch marks on my belly yet..  :# Anyone noticing them yet? I see you just started noticing them @MrsVP614.. I know I probably have added some to my hips and butt but I had them before pregnancy so it's not a big deal to get more there..

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @margareth Your husband is trying to listen to your belly for the HB? 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • bnmort8 said
    @rhubarb7216 is it like rock hard when you touch that area? I was feeling a lot of pressure and my mom felt it and said it was the baby pushing because when she pushed softly you could feel the baby move. you can also she like a rock shape in the are I feel pressure when laying down, was weird at first but now I think its pretty cool and exciting . Maybe that's what this is? I'm just guessing. FTM so learning all this for first time lol
    I feel the same way you ladies do in the exact same area.  It also feels like I'm already out of room... I don't remember wondering how baby would fit in there during my first pregnancy but sheesh! 
  • Is anyone else having issues with snoring?? Apparently I'm snoring so bad every night  :# I'm lying on my side and have never been a snorer before but I'm waking up with a sore throat in the mornings and poor DH said that it started about a week ago
  • adooadoo member
    27 + 5

groin pain like no other leading to hip pain and sometimes back pain. 

Discharge.  When does discharge become too much and you should be concerned about leakage? 
  • @Sugargirl1019. No he's not, I'm not sure he even knows that's a possibility. But I read it's possible...? Haha
  • Braxton hicks contractions were pretty bad while I sat at my computer this am. I went to lie down on my left side, drank some water, and now they're better! Just in case anyone else is going through that... 
  • margareth said:
    @Sugargirl1019. No he's not, I'm not sure he even knows that's a possibility. But I read it's possible...? Haha
    Actually my husband did try to listen and told me he could hear it. I thought he was crazy and told him he was just hearing my pulse. Then a few days later I read that it actually is possible. I'm still not convinced he could distinguish between my pulse and the baby's heartbeat but I guess it's possible? I'll let him think he did and be happy about it either way...
  • margareth said:
    @Sugargirl1019. No he's not, I'm not sure he even knows that's a possibility. But I read it's possible...? Haha
    Actually my husband did try to listen and told me he could hear it. I thought he was crazy and told him he was just hearing my pulse. Then a few days later I read that it actually is possible. I'm still not convinced he could distinguish between my pulse and the baby's heartbeat but I guess it's possible? I'll let him think he did and be happy about it either way...
    DH tried last night and couldn't hear anything :p oh well! Apparently you could def hear with a stethoscope though. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 25w 3d

My hips, lower back, butt, and pelvic area hurt a lot, which gives me a distinct waddle. People ask "Why are you waddling? You are not big enough to waddle." When I'm awake I can stretch to make it feel better. But when I fall asleep and then get up to go to bathroom it feels like I am being shredded and my pelvic pops and there is so much pain. BUT I figured out on a caming trip that I can sleep in a eno hammock (parachute hammock) with none of that pain! There is slight discomfort getting out of it,but none like getting out of bed. So I ordered a hammock stand and set it up in my bedroom. Best sleep since coming home from camping. This is my life for 14ish weeks.
  • Those of you with lower back pain -- how can you tell the difference between lower back pain and tailbone pain?

ive used an ice pack. What have you all used to alleviate it? 
  • 26+2, second baby. Starting to have issues sleeping, I really miss laying on my stomach. I feel sort of generally achy, but overall pretty decent. I also always feel full, no matter what I had to eat.
  • 27 weeks tomorrow. Trouble sleeping - but last night I took a half of a Unisom sleep pill and omg, I woke up brand new & refreshed.

Stomach has been feeling itchy which I then promptly begin to slather lotion on. I refuse to scratch my belly since that's been the cause of stretch marks in my first pregnancy so I either lotion up or use my palm to rub the spot. 

Lots of kicks and punches all over the place. I've gotten back into baking since loosing energy in 1st trimester (and most of the 2nd) and now I can't stop. My kids are pretty happy with baking mama being available again haha!
  • margareth said:
    Those of you with lower back pain -- how can you tell the difference between lower back pain and tailbone pain?

Tailbone pain is very low, like in between the top of your butt cheeks and below that. I'm not sure if you were asking about alleviating back pain or tailbone pain, but I've had issues with tailbone pain for 6 years (not pregnancy related as this is my first!) and things that have helped me are ice, minimizing sitting, and using a cushion when sitting (I use the tush cush). I also went to pelvic floor physical therapy, which helped a ton. I do still get pain off and on, but it's not as severe as it once was and I know how to manage it.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited June 2017
    margareth said:
    Those of you with lower back pain -- how can you tell the difference between lower back pain and tailbone pain?

I have tailbone pain. I see a chiropractor who massages around the tailbone and gets all up in my business.. it's very low in between the butt cheeks. It also hurts to lay down and bend my knees and push through my feet and lift my butt up. That sends shooting pain through my butt. Also pushing off my feet to roll in bed.

My chiropractor recommends I sway from leg to leg transferring weight when I stand, and to not stand with my weight on one side. Also no crossing legs over the thigh. Also ice. No heat. Because mine is inflammation and swelling around the tailbone, heat would increase that and make it worse. I wish I had a magic answer for you.. but this shit hurts always.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 26 weeks, anyone else getting skin tags? I've maybe had 2 my whole life, and all of a sudden a bunch have popped up. 
  • 26 weeks, anyone else getting skin tags? I've maybe had 2 my whole life, and all of a sudden a bunch have popped up. 
    Me!! What is with this ugliness.

I have a scary looking mole that is changing.. Cue freak out and appt with dermatologist. I dislike pregnancy skin changes.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 25 weeks
    Itchy boobs, discharge, sore everywhere especially my feet which are getting bigger, BH are way annoying this time, tired, sciatic nerve issues. I thought I was experiencing tailbone pain, but I'm thinking it's some really weird hemorrhoids instead and I may have to see the doctor about bleeding.
  • @Sugargirl1019 Same here, with the moles, I'm making a dermatologist appointment when I get back from vacation. 
  • I'm 28w, and I started sweating alllll the time in the last week.  It happened with DS, too, but I forgot how bad it could be.  Especially in the, uh, lower regions.  Coincidentally, my ankles and legs started swelling a bit this week, too.  But it's also hot, and the swelling started around now with DS as well.  Time to find my compression socks!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 25+4 The biggest complaint so far is back pain while at work. I work a sit down emergency dispatcher job. Many times alone. We don't get breaks for lunch or bathroom (we have a console in the bathroom if we have to go). So I'm not able to get up and move around much. I stand when possible. I can barely get through half my shift before the burning aches set in. I even have a yoga ball. I've got a long third trimester if this keeps up!!! 
  • 28+4 The heartburn is real. I feel like I am just drinking Mylanta like a juicebox. Nighttime is the worst. Low back pain and restless legs at night. I don't think my back and leg muscles have ever been so tight. 
  • @towntowns Have you tried sleeping propped up a bit at an angle?  It helps me with heartburn.  I think there might be recommendations on how close to sleep time you should/ shouldn't eat, but I'm not positive.  Otherwise, I feel you.  It gets better when the baby starts moving lower.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ColoradoHiker I have to admit I only tried once and gave up pretty quick because I couldn't get my lower back to relax on an angle. What pillow do you use? 
  • k8ywagsk8ywags member
    edited June 2017
    @towntowns I have propped my whole bed up on an angle with telephone directories under the feet. I'm also sleeping on 3 pillows. That has helped loads with the night time heartburn. DH can sleep fine as the angle isn't too much for him

ETA I've also tried to eat dinner earlier and that definitely helps too. The nights that I'm the worst are nights I'm eating with friends or going out for dinner and the eating time is out of my control. Spicy food also sets me off so I'm avoiding that as much as possible 
  • Is anyone else getting kicked in the ribs?? Yesterday and today, it's been a thing! :-0
  • @margareth yes it seems like she's staying in my right ribs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 27+6

I have been having BH on and off again lately. The snoring and leg cramps at night are terrible. Poor DH can hardly stand it if I fall asleep before him at night. Baby girl has been super active most of the day and night. She is still insistent on staying breach. While I don't mind not being kicked in the ribs, I do wish she would flip around. Although since we are likely going to need a C-section, I suppose she can sit however she likes without it making much of a difference. It would be nice to not have my already squished bladder used as a punching bag all the time.
  • @efrey1986 Right ribs here too!! 
  • My bladder was used as a trampoline this morning! I cannot even begin to describe how weird uncomfortable and painful it is as you quickly snap your legs together to try not to pee!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs: