August 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 6/10

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 6/10

• How far along are you?  31 weeks

How big is baby? a large bucket of movie theatre popcorn (which now sounds delicious!)

Upcoming appointments this week? none scheduled until 32 week checkup

Any new symptoms or changes?  I've finally got the contractions under control,  thank goodness! Baby definitely had a growth spurt bc I am gigantic now.  Feeling the normal back and pelvic aches.  Only 6 weeks until I'm full term! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband has been a saint the past few weeks.  It's like he finally understands that I'm pregnant and can't do as much as I normally do.  He's picked up the slack and has done the laundry and ironing,  cooking and cleaning,  and plays with DS all evening until bedtime.  

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? I didn't have one. DS is only 2 so he is still too little to have one, I think.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 

30 weeks

How big is baby? 

Size of a zucchini 

I have a growth ultrasound and regular check up on tuesday

I am feeling so big! SPD is in full force.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them?
    I never did but my 4 year old pretends character are present in our home and car.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? barbie car

Upcoming appointments this week? OB appt tomorrow 

Any new symptoms or changes? I've been feeling rather down this weekend after failing my 1 hour glucose test. I purchased a glucometer and my sugars have all been between 73-92 after meals (77 fasting). I wish there was a better way to screen for GD. This testing process has caused so many tears and anxiety - it's ridiculous. : ( 

Rants/Raves/Questions? See above. 

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? No I did not. FTM but if my kid has an imaginary friend I'm cool with it. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• lewlivlewliv member
    @BlackNYellow I think you mentioned that you eat a low-carb diet. Did you mention this to your OB? I have read in multiple places how taking the test in a low-carb diet will most likely make you fail and that does not mean GD. Here's one of the articles: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nutritionasiknowit.com/blog/2015/04/a-tale-of-low-carb-diets-and.html?format=amp
  • @lewliv thank you for the link. You are correct. I am eating pretty low carb (I get most of my carbs from fruit, vegetables, and high fiber cereals). I'll have to mention it tomorrow. Maybe I should start carbo loading tonight?! 

• lewliv said:
    @BlackNYellow I think you mentioned that you eat a low-carb diet. Did you mention this to your OB? I have read in multiple places how taking the test in a low-carb diet will most likely make you fail and that does not mean GD. Here's one of the articles: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nutritionasiknowit.com/blog/2015/04/a-tale-of-low-carb-diets-and.html?format=amp
    Along these same lines, before I got pregnant with DS, I did no bread, no white potatoes, no pasta, no rice, and no cereal for 7.5 months. I lost 30 pounds. When I got pregnant the only thing I could keep down in the beginning was carbs and starches and even then I lost 5 pounds in the 1st trimester. I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3.  This pregnancy I started out much heavier and less healthy and passed the one hour. My doctor said the way my metabolism was processing carbs got confused from diet changes. 
  • @SouthernMama15 I am in a similar boat to you. One of the reasons why I was finally able to get pregnant with this baby is because I started clean eating and lost a bit of weight in the months leading up to conception. And now it's coming back to bite me in the ass. I told DH we need to go out for ice cream tonight. Lol 

• @BlackNYellow it sucks when it comes back to bite you. I was very upset when I failed and terrified this time. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that.
  • How far along are you? 

30+1 (I get these things posted for others to respond and then I'm late posting to my own thread :D )

How big is baby? 

A zucchini!

Not this week, had it on Friday

none...I've been feeling really good 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

none this week

My mom said I each time we moved I got a new one, must have been a coping mechanism for the change. If this LO has one, it will be something to keep them occupied right? Lol
  • @BlackNYellow my MIL is a MFM and is currently working on a research project for this. The last time we had discussed it (which has been awhile ago) she had found a marker in the early bloodwork done that seemed to link to GD. Hopefully she will come up with something concrete and GD can be found much earlier in the bloodwork screens and we can stop with the damn drinks and 3 hour tests!  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby?  Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Bladder control is ridiculous or should I say nonexistent...

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have the worst cold I've ever had in my life.  I'm going on week 4 and the coughing is getting hard to manage (see above).  I'm seriously so over it and of course nothing that is approved to take does a damn thing to help!

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? Do Barbies count?  I was a huge Barbie kid and played with them until I was in high school!  
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? head of cabbage

Upcoming appointments this week? 3 hr glucose test this Thursday...

Any new symptoms or changes? Similar to @BlackNYellow I've also been feeling anxious and stressed that I failed my 1 hour test. Although like I've said in previous posts, I wasn't totally surprised with how shitty I've been eating this pregnancy, but I have done a major overhaul over the past week and plan to keep that up no matter what the 3 hour results are.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: My upper back near my rib is still killing me. I went to a chiropractor last week and it hasn't helped. I'm going to go to a different one this week and give it another chance.  If nothing works, then I'm gonna give up and just suffer through it for the next 11 weeks. Rave: Had my second baby shower this past weekend in my hometown! It was a beautiful day and this baby is already so spoiled and loved. It was great to see my close friends too since I feel like it's been forever. 

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? I don't recall having one, but I did play house a lot with dolls and I talked to myself and them like they were real people lol. 
  • I'm sorry @mrsjqg1024 ! When is your 3 hour test? Mine is Thursday morning. Fingers crossed that we both pass! 

• @BlackNYellow My 3 hour is also Thursday morning. I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way!! I have my regular prenatal checkup/30 week sono on Monday so I'm hoping that I get my results at that appt. 
  • @BlackNYellow I was eating a pretty much vegan/gluten free diet to get pregnant with this LO as well and had been avoiding gluten a lot the past few weeks because it makes my constipation so bad. I just found out I passed the 3 hour. Fingers crossed it is the same for you too!

@sgrant432 that study sounds fascinating!
    @mrsjqg1024 good luck with your test on Thursday! I was terrified of puking up the drink, but after fasting I was so happy to have anything in my stomach that it actually made me feel better. 

How far along are you? 30w2d

How big is baby? Zucchini

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can I be done with work now, please? My focus is just not there. I have two modes - hyperactive (let's run/walk/play/clean everything) and zombie (let's watch all the brainless tv in our comfiest positions). Unfortunately neither of these two are conducive to financial analysis :) 

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? I did not have one growing up, but my sister had plenty. My poor sister always wanted playmates and all I wanted to do was read books. I did take very good care of my baby doll for like 12 years though. My kids do not have them (5 and 2).

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @donehue Congrats on passing your 3 hour! I'm also terrified that I'm going to throw it up. The 1 hr drink wasn't bad but I got to drink it in the comfort of my house. But I already told myself and my DH that if I do get sick and they say that I have to re-take it, I'm going to decline and just check my sugar and keep a food journal for the rest of pregnancy. I'm already seeing an endocrinologist for my thyroid so I'll just have to do some more visits with them to make sure my levels stay in check. 

• @donehue I actually need to follow up with her and see how it's going. Her focus is on high risk pregnancies and those are her test subjects. So I can't remember what if it is only for high risk or all pregnancies. 
  • How far along are you? 30+2

How big is baby? pineapple

Upcoming appointments this week? Wednesday

Any new symptoms or changes? My leg cramps are getting worse.  I have to get out of bed at least once a night to walk them out.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? If you have kids, do they have them? I didn't.  DS likes to pretend he is playing with kids from school but I am not sure I would count it as an imaginary friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker