August 2017 Moms
Options

SUNDAY ticker change 6/11

NxyNxy member
edited June 2017 in August 2017 Moms
How far along are you & how big is baby?   

Remind us, team blue/pink/green:     

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

GTKY: You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?      
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: SUNDAY ticker change 6/11

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    How far along are you & how big is baby?  31 weeks and the size of a foam finger(?!)

Remind us, team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming appointments?  End of June

Symptoms?  Increasingly exhausted and all the food makes me sick

Cravings?  I'd mostly just like to be able to eat between now and August 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm so sick of people telling me I look tired/exhausted. Someone even had the nerve to ask me if this was planned because I looked so much happier with DD.. umm wtf. Yea I'm tired I'm taking care of a toddler and running the house alone on 3-4 hours of sleep each night. Most pictures I take are only to illustrate the size of my stomach because y'all keep nagging me about it.

GTKY: You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?  I'd spend 10 minutes telling those kids this isn't an accomplishment and these have been the easiest 4 years of your life. Congrats you did what's expected of you yay! 
    No one should let me talk to high school aged kids lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Nxy that is some serious WTF! I can't believe someone would have the nerve to ask if it was planned! Even if it wasn't, what's it to them?! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @tova24 right!!!! She's like you just look so stressed and exhausted this time around. No I stopped really quick on my way out of the bathroom to snap a pic god forbid I'm not beaming in the toilet.. asshats.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In a box...
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   31 weeks and a small clawed otter

Remind us, team blue/pink/green:  blue

Upcoming appointments?   Next Tuesday

Symptoms?  Tired, hips hurt

Cravings?  Everything that gives me heartburn

Rants/Raves/Questions?   Could my allergies cut it out? Because the constant sneezing is getting old. 

GTKY: You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?      Please don't take out student loans if you can help it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy Why are people so rude?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   28 weeks / Rollerblade

Remind us, team blue/pink/green:  Blue

Upcoming appointments?   This Friday. GD test, tDap shot, and schedule RCS. 

Symptoms?  Morning sickness is still hanging around, tired, heartburn, my legs/hips are super sore. 

Cravings?  Fresh fruit, carbs. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   I'm slowly starting to get things done. We really don't need much for baby, but checking off the things we do.

GTKY: You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?  This would be a terrible idea. Same as PPs, make responsible financial decisions.     
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @Nxy Why are people so rude?
    I don't know! It wasn't even like a weird in person conversation. This woman messaged me out of the blue like she deliberately went out of her way here.. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     30 weeks, zucchini!

Blue! 

Upcoming appointments?   
    Had one Friday. Doctor wants to do a sonogram in 2 weeks to check baby's size. Says he isn't too worried, because I have a history of smaller babies (6 pounders) but wants to play it safe. I won't turn down another sonogram! :-) 

Symptoms?  
    Heartburn, hot flashes, swelling

Cravings?  
    None.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
     I have so much energy in the morning and generally feel great...but by afternoon I am swollen and need a break. I have fun plans this summer with my kids and sitting around with my feet up wasn't on the list!

Talk to everyone. Don't make judgements. Some of these people you don't talk to now might be some of your best friends later on. And some of your best friends now will be only memories later in life. Have an open mind!
  • Options
    Apparently Sunday ticker change is also 100% team blue (at least so far!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    31 weeks- asparagus 

Team Pink

Upcoming appointments?   
    Wednesday

Symptoms?  
    I'm so uncomfortable and out of breath all the time. My belly and breasts are itchy too.

Cravings?  
    Nothing special.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    We had our shower yesterday! It was awesome!!! My sister in laws were awesome to do that for us. 

there has been a lot of violence / gun violence in my city and a lot of them are high schoolers or people who have just graduated. I would probably want to reach out and offer resources/supports/awareness with that time
  • Options
    Mango517Mango517 member
    edited June 2017
    @Nxy So someone took the time to write you a private message to tell you that? So freaking rude!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    29 Weeks! He's an acorn squash.

BOY

Upcoming appointments?  
    I'm on my two week appointment cycle now but am about to have a lot more appointments thanks to the GD.

Symptoms? 
    Acid reflux if I dare eat even a tiny bit of the normal triggers.
    Pee. all the time.

Cravings? 
    None.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    My H surprised me with flowers after my GD news, I thought that was really sweet of him because I really needed a pick me up.

I also bought my first onesie for the baby. Feels nice to finally allow myself to break through my terrified mental blockage and start to get ready for him to come.

I'd like to let them know that you don't need to have it all figured out at 18. It's really best if you don't. Let yourself evolve as a human and be flexible with the road that life takes you on. It's not a ridged journey and the best adventures are the ones you never saw coming.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    How far along are you & how big is baby?  31 weeks - a foam finger 

Remind us, team blue/pink/green:    BLUE!

Upcoming appointments?   Nothing until next week - and just supposed to be the usual.

Symptoms?  Sleeping seems to be tough - the dreams are back. But I think that's just my excitement as the date gets closer and closer.

Cravings?  Not too many. Fruit is coming back strong.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm getting a bit tired of the "shaming" that can occur based on decisions that you make for your child that don't match other people's.  I know I have to get used to it (I actually try to avoid it if I can because personally - do what you think is right for your child) but the one's who try to argue with me about it, specifically my BIL, I just wanna tell them to get out of my face about it. It's making me super short tempered. 

Remember the best parts and learn from the worst - your time in highschool doesn't have to be your legacy, your life is just starting and can still go where ever you want it to go. (along the same lines as @Mango517 - well put lady!)

@nyx - good grief...people are so insensitive.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    29 weeks - acorn squash

Team Green for the third time

Upcoming appointments?   
    Regular checkup on Friday.  I will probably get the Tdap shot then.  I took the 3 hour GTT on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised if I get a call today or tomorrow about failing.  I felt fine, but had glucose intolerance last time.

Symptoms?  
    Insomnia, heartburn caused by anything even water, and lower back/sciatica pain especially when I get up after sitting or lying down for a while.  Overall, I don't feel too bad, but the third trimester discomfort is definitely appearing.

Cravings?  
    Fruit, chocolate and now ice cream in this heat.

Rants/Raves/Questions?   
    The glimpse of being pregnant in the summer with these recent 90 degree days is not fun.  At least the sports season is finally over and we have A/C, but I was so hot at DS1's last game yesterday.  I'm not sure I'll want to spend much time outside in July and August unless there's a breeze and a pool.

Either something about how there's so much more to life outside of HS and to not worry about where you may or may not fit in with groups/friendships or about being responsible financially, with studying, deciding what to do/where to go after graduation, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm late again, ehhh whatever lol

How far along are you & how big is baby?    30 weeks 1 day, a motorcycle helmet (per Ovia lol)

Remind us, team blue/pink/green:     Pink

Upcoming appointments?   Next friday, 6/23

Symptoms?  Tired, hormonal (no more filter), starting constipation.

Cravings?  Ube/Taro ice cream!

Rants/Raves/Questions?   I'm tired of people's stupid @$$ pregnancy comments. I went off on a friend to today when he typically jokes me on how the "twins are?" and I flicked him off at lunch and told him NOT TODAY. So everyone at the table knew it was DON'T MESS with DIANE Day. I've lost all filter and don't give any flying EFFs these days. LOL!

GTKY: You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?       I heard this on NPR news today and totally agree with it - I'd tell kids to find a career they'd enjoy and what would be "cool" to them and not care about what others think. My culture (filipinos) always dictates that their kids should be nurses and that's the best job. I was fortunate that my parents weren't typical filipinos and were more liberal. They'd say - study what you want but make sure you enjoy what you do and you can get a job in it. So yes, I'd tell kids to find what is COOL to theme and don't let others dictate your future.
    Pregnancy Ticker