August 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 6/8

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 6/8

• How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week

Any new symptoms or changes? I got super hot, sweaty, dizzy, faint, etc yesterday morning which freaked me out. Feel good so far today. Otherwise, some swelling in my feet and I'm down to wearing only my engagement ring since adding my wedding band is too tight.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  DD's birthday party is this weekend and we have family coming into town. I'm excited for my family but not my ILs. Thankfully I can focus on my family instead of the ILs.

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? I learned in high school when I tutored that I would make a horrible teacher. I do not have the patience when someone doesn't "get" something that comes so easily to me.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited June 2017

How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? regular squash

Upcoming appointments this week? next Tuesday, just a check-in

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm waddling now most of the time. My lower bump area is just so tight. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Not at the moment

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? Anything in the medical field. I am really grossed out by other people's ailments/injuries. Good thing people say you don't mind your own child's medical ailments (or maybe some still do haha... My mom said she could handle diapers but my dad had to be on barf duty). 

Edit to add: @bumpybump glad you're feeling better today! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 31

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Under my boobs hurts so much!  This has bothered me most of my pregnancy, but it's getting severe now.  I feel bruised and it's sensitive to the touch.  Any remedies for under boob/rib pain?  I have to sleep in an almost sitting position to help the pain at night.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My hubby and I started birthing classes last week and I'm SO glad we signed up.  My hubby is a FANTASTIC uncle but doesn't have a lot of experience with newborns and me, being a FTM, am hungry for information.  It's also like a date night <3

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? My first job was at a coffee shop and it was the worst job of my life.  I'm not sure if I totally sucked at it or if my boss was just a horrible person (I think it was a bit of both). :(  Either way, I'll never work at a coffee shop again.
  • @bumpybump Hope you continue to feel ok today.  I'm no doctor, but stay hydrated! *hugs*
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks, 10 week countdown! 

How big is baby? Cantaloupe or zucchini 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one on Monday, measured fine, but for my back and rib pains, i was told "can't do anything about it".

Any new symptoms or changes? Had a pinched nerve over the weekend that was fun. I stopped going ot the gym, hopefully I can pick it up again on Monday. Also noticing my belly is itchy, and my feet are swollen. Ahh, pregnancy...

Rants/Raves/Questions? We did the hospital tour yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised! Seemed like a well run operation, and the rooms were nice! They have lots of support for breastfeeding and first time moms. 

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? I would say a waitress. If someone ordered something I didn't like, I'd be questioning it, or making weird faces...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @mrsplatz I'm having terrible rib pain too. I think my LO is kicking the ribs. I put pressure on it during the day. Doctor said I can use a heat pad. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week- Monday

Any new symptoms or changes? Have really bad carpal tunnel in my right hand, was told to wear a wrist brace-blahh

Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally decided to tell my mother in law the name we picked out; she told me how much she hated it and will be calling him "whatever she wants". 

• edited June 2017

How far along are you? 30 wks

How big is baby? Cucumber

Upcoming appointments this week? My next one is on Tuesday

Any new symptoms or changes? My varicose veins (from previous pregnancies) are started to hurt more.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I found out today that I have gestational diabetes :(

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? A salesman, for sure.
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? 16.7 inches

Upcoming appointments this week? Just had one this last Tuesday. Got a surprise ultrasound. OB was checking LO's position and the machine happened to be in the room, so she did it just for fun! LO's head takes up most of the screen now! Got to see him practicing his breathing. The OB pointed out that we could see some of his facial features. He had round cheeks and a defined chin, just like me!

Any new symptoms or changes? LO is doing more rolls now instead of kicks and punches. DH and I have been enjoying watching my belly move! Makes my under belly pretty sore sometimes though

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: Our apartment complex just got sold to a new company a few months ago. I am loving the transition! Last week the new maintenance team came in and updated things! New toilet, new lights, new sink and shower fixtures, and new blinds for all of the windows and sliding glass doors! Supposedly there is still more to come too! Soooo happy!

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? Anything sales-related, especially if it is commission-based. I'm not aggressive enough for it. Once I had a summer job at Macys and my supervisor was always on me about pushing the Macys credit card at people...  but I hated doing it, because the customers always looked so annoyed with me when I asked. I think I only ever signed up one customer that whole summer... and it was my mom.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? cauliflowers? 

Upcoming appointments this week? I have my second growth scan on Saturday and then my regular appointment on Wednesday  

Any new symptoms or changes? I have been having major BH.  Yesterday trying to grocery shop was awful, I was stopping to breathe through them. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? my MIL has been unhelpfully helpful with trying to come up with a middle name for baby A.  I get random texts with just a name, but the worst part is baby A is a boy and some of the suggestions are girl's names  

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? sales for sure.  I was in telemarketing and I sweated through my entire shift.  I was always saying, "okay! Thanks, bye!!" at the first no. 
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Asparagus 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had growth u/s on Tuesday, LO is looking good. I'm so grateful for all of you, though; he's measuring in the 74th percentile (the tech made it sound like he was enormous)and I was freaking that I'm gonna birth gigantor. Knowing that these measurements are generally off makes me feel way less stressed. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope, pretty status quo.

Rants/Raves/Questions? The armoire for baby's room is in our storage unit, DH has said he'll get it for the last month.....starting to get pissy.

GTKY: What job would you be terrible at? Why? Surgeon - my hands tremble. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 

32 weeks

How big is baby? 

Summer squash

I had my check up and prenatal massage earlier this week. Prenatal massages are the bees knees. 

Heartburn is increasing and it sucks. I'm just generally uncomfortable but no surprises there. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

It's been a beautiful week and I transitioned back to work from vacation smoothly! 

accounting, I would suck and probably make a ton of mistakes. 
  • How far along are you? 

30 weeks 

How big is baby? 

cucumber

Wednesday, I can't wait because it's been a month! 

Nope. Still exhausted. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rave: the baby is kicking more and more. 

Rant: DH is having work problems (they switched him to full commissions without notice) which is stressing me out. 

Sales! I always hate when people try to convince me to sell their product. I am more than happy to buy (if Iblikenit or use it) but please don't bug me to sell. I am horrible at selling! 

@MrsPlatz  never say never! I worked at an ice cream shop in high school and swore I never would again. Ten years later my boss opened a family ice cream shop and asked me to help for the summer (I am a teacher) and I did! 

@caity024  don't let it stress you too much. My DS was off the charts for months. (One tech guessed my due date to be April 1st, when it was May 17th) He was a little long, which explained a lot because the use the femur as one of the key measurements I think that and his large head made him measure "big"