February 2018 Moms

READ THIS FIRST - BOARD ORGANIZATION

azmamatobeazmamatobe member
edited June 2017 in February 2018 Moms
Welcome to February 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. I've borrowed this from other BMBs.

Some links that you may find helpful:

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread"
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Daily Threads: (please add the date to the thread title)

• Ticker Changes (when your weekly progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Friday, that's the day I participate).

MONDAY
  • Monday Ticker Change -- 
  • Weekly Appointments -- BrandedCowgirl
  • Weekly Randoms -- 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest -- 
TUESDAY
  • Tuesday Ticker Change 
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In - BrandedCowgirl
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In - smorzandoj
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
WEDNESDAY
  • Wednesday Ticker Change -
  • WTF Wednesday - Brandedcowgirl 
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In - smorzandoj
THURSDAY
  • Thursday Ticker Change 
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday -
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating - Brandedcowgirl 
  • Pregnant after IF - Sunflowermama428
FRIDAY
  • Friday Ticker Change - Brandedcowgirl 
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) -
  • Why My SO is a ... - MrsN622
  • Why My Pregnancy Self is Crying - MrsN622
  • Fit Mom Friday - smorzandoj
SATURDAY
  • Saturday Ticker Change 
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Symptoms Thread -
  • Weekend Randoms -
  • Small Business Saturday - BrandedCowgirl
SUNDAY
  • Sunday Ticker Change 
  • Healthy Habits Check-In - Brandedcowgirl 
  • Weekly Questions -

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!

If anyone wants to head up any of the above assignments just comment below which thread you'd like to start each week!

Re: READ THIS FIRST - BOARD ORGANIZATION

• @BumpAdmin can we get a sticky
  • I'll happily take high risk  on Tuesdays....and the Wednesday Second time + moms.

I didn't notice a fit mom post or healthy pregnancy checkin. If you do either I will lead one of them as well....just not Tuesday or Wednesdays bc I'll forget something!
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsN622MrsN622 member
    I can do the Friday why my pregnancy self is crying and why my SO is.... 

so i just start a new one each Friday and date it correct?
  • Fit Mom Friday work? :)
  • azmamatobeazmamatobe member
    edited June 2017
    You got it and yes @MrsN622
  • @BrandedCowgirl92 I can run the Pregnant after IF thread 
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited June 2017
    Can we add a check in for 35 and over or am I the only one lol?  I'd be happy to start it each week.
  • Can we add a check in for 35 and over or am I the only one lol?  I'd be happy to start it each week.
    Absolutely! What day works best for you? I'm sure we'll have plenty as this group grows
  • @BrandedCowgirl92 any day works for me!
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited June 2017
    How about Wednesdays and I'll take Wednesday ticker change since that's the day mine changes?
  • @Aeml1985 you still can, these just get the conversations flowing ♡
  • Aeml1985 said:
    Wowie a lot has changed on the bump since I had my daughter 2 years ago

what was wrong with just posting what you wanted when you wanted aside from the few pinned posts? 

Anyone else hwre from that long ago? 
    Because then we get 30 threads on the same topics lol. And it just floods the group, this way it keeps things neat and organized. 
  • kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited June 2017
    @Aeml1985 - yes! I was a bumpie with my first and second (4 and 2 years ago) Seems like a lot and nothing has changed, all at the same time ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MrsN622 said:
    @Aeml1985 yes I was here almost 6 years ago with my first!! So different, also a lot the same  :D so far it seems a lot kinder than when I was here 2 years ago with my DD. People were so snarky and rude I never felt comfortable posting! Hoping this board stays a welcoming supportive place.
    Totally. I never understood why it was like that. I was pretty active in A14 with my DS. I think now the "rules" are laid out nicely which give people better direction as far as posting. So far so good here!
  • Yes it does seem kinder now, but I didn't mind the snark when people were acting like silly unicorns. Confused about how posting a positive HPT is against the TOU, that seems lIke an odd rule, not that I mind. I too was active on my Mar16 birth month board, until the mass exodus happened and the other secret forum was created 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• HPTs are allowed on 1 thread in first tri. Just based on how often people post HPTs on TTGP I can imagine that boards would just get swamped with posters asking if there's a second line 
  • kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited June 2017
    haha! You and I said almost the same thing, @MrsN622 ! different yet the same :) I tried to post and stay involved with my last two, but sometimes the snark was just too much. I will admit though, @k&elizabeth  , sometimes the sass and snark was a bit entertaining too.

• @k&elizabeth I miss it too
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• I can do Meal Plan Monday and Wednesday Ticker Change. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • justme04justme04 member
    edited June 2017
    Aeml1985 said:

what was wrong with just posting what you wanted when you wanted aside from the few pinned posts? 

When I first joined (Around 8 years ago they didn't have birth month boards then) it wasn't about the pinned posts and don't you dare post the same topic multiple times. Honestly it seems like the shift really occured somewhere between my 2nd and 3rd child and ladies becoming a little OCD over board organization and number of posts.  Honestly the board for my daughter June 2014 was just insane and I walked away early because it  also seemed like if you weren't an early BFP who introduced right away or came over from TTC (etc) then they didn't have time for you and would get mean with other women (typically first time moms). Seems like you had a pleasant board when you were here 2 years ago.  I'm still really close to my June 2011 board and I'm not the only one who found the boards a bit of a nightmare in later pregnancies.  So far this seems like an excellent group of helpful ladies.

Edit to add....I like how things are organized now because you know where to go.  I thought it got a little crazy when people would jump on someone for even posting a similar question in the same thread and go off on someone saying they needed to read and find the responses "Becky" got because she already asked the question..
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • justme04 said:
    Aeml1985 said:

When I first joined (Around 8 years ago they didn't have birth month boards then) it wasn't about the pinned posts and don't you dare post the same topic multiple times. Honestly it seems like the shift really occured somewhere between my 2nd and 3rd child and ladies becoming a little OCD over board organization and number of posts.  Honestly the board for my daughter June 2014 was just insane and I walked away early because it  also seemed like if you weren't an early BFP who introduced right away or came over from TTC (etc) then they didn't have time for you and would get mean with other women (typically first time moms). Seems like you had a pleasant board when you were here 2 years ago.  I'm still really close to my June 2011 board and I'm not the only one who found the boards a bit of a nightmare in later pregnancies.  So far this seems like an excellent group of helpful ladies.

Edit to add....I like how things are organized now because you know where to go.  I thought it got a little crazy when people would jump on someone for even posting a similar question in the same thread and go off on someone saying they needed to read and find the responses "Becky" got because she already asked the question..
    Oh ya, it was def hard to break in as a newbie around 2014, and I had been fairly active on the IF boards and the knot prior to the bump. And you really got chewed out for asking "dumb questions", FTM's had it harder for sure. Either way, the vibe here seems good. I do wonder if the other place that shall not be named is still running strong. 

• I think people do just get annoyed when people don't even look at other posts. The threads keep it pretty organized.  I'm not someone who is militant about it or would be rude to someone who posted out of the threads, but I like the daily threads because it gives most stuff a place for everyone to post on the same topic. But when someone doesn't even take a minute or two to look and see how the board works, that can be frustrating. There will be a point where many of us will be nauseated/doing anatomy scans/glucose tests/etc and seeing 90 individuals posts on the same topic makes you lose the forest for the trees. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • @Aeml1985 I actually just went over there ("the other place that shall not be named") and it's almost completely dead. From the little I could gather, looked like there had been a huge blow up and people were moving on. Interesting...
  • starlastarla member
    @Aeml1985 I actually just went over there ("the other place that shall not be named") and it's almost completely dead. From the little I could gather, looked like there had been a huge blow up and people were moving on. Interesting...
    Yup. Apparently some came back here. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Doesn't look like there is a thursday ticker change yet, I can do it. I dont really know what i'm doing though, just copy and paste another days ticker questions???

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandappanderson you can make up your own question or borrow from another day or another board or whatever you want! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am but what does "TOU" stand for. I looked in abreviations and could not see.  Thank you!
  • Why do the dailies even need assigned? 
  • It's so refreshing to see the comments from return bumpers. Pregnancy is one of the hardest things we do in our lives, and I can see how having a supportive group to lean on over the next 8 months can help make the journey easier, but also memorable. 
    The harsh, snarky, and in some cases, down right mean responses to usually innocent questions was hard to watch, and was the main reason I lurked and did not introduce myself. I'm praying for a sticky baby, and now that I'm a SAHM I'm looking for a virtual community to go on this journey with. But I know I won't hesitate to walk away if this board turns into the hostile environments I witnessed from 2-4 years ago. Look, I understand the raging hormones, but there's never a place for callous and unfriendly comments. Gentle reminders and polite redirection can go a long way on a civilized, courteous online forum. I truly hope this board can remain a welcoming place for all expecting moms, regardless of when they join. Kindness and positivity...that's my hope for the Feb 2018 board. So far, that's what I've seen, and that makes me feel excited for the awesome group of ladies already participating in the community.  <3 

• Are we able to fully update what has been "assigned"? I'm very interested in participating more and getting to know all the lovely Feb 2018 bumpies but don't want to step on toes.
  • Are we able to fully update what has been "assigned"? I'm very interested in participating more and getting to know all the lovely Feb 2018 bumpies but don't want to step on toes.
    I really don't think it matters. I don't think there needs to be assigned people to specific threads (as long as a FTM Mom isnt starting The STM+ thread, ya know?). Jump in. Start talking. Enjoy your time here. 

Ps. Love your screen name. 
  • olive_laneolive_lane member
    edited June 2017
    @TattoosandLace thanks for the update- I agree to posts not being assign from being on TTGP for a bit. Coming to a new board and readying this thread I wasn't sure of the protocol.

also, thank you on the name!

*edited for spelling

• I was thinking the same! I'm not sure I can keep up with all this and my 2 year old lol