October 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In / 6-6

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile 

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In / 6-6

• How far along are you?
    22 weeks today!

Baby girl is kicking a lot more, and H is starting to be able to feel them as well.

Nope. Next appointment is next Friday.

Rants/raves? 
    Nope

Nah, not really

My mom. She was a SAHM until my younger brother was in elementary school, at which point she went back to work in a school and gradually phased up to full time. So we spent the majority of our childhood with her, while my dad worked a lot. Growing up I always wished I were closer to my dad, but he wasn't particularly good at showing emotion, which made it hard for us to be close in a meaningful way. When I was in college he decided he didn't want to be married to my mom anymore. We still have a relationship, but it's definitely strained.
  • How far along are you?
    My app tells me I am 21+2 but if I count 40 weeks, I am 22w. I don't understand, but whatever.

um yes. My feet HURT. They hurt all day and by the end of the day I can't walk. Yesterday was really emotionally hard for me because I couldn't even walk to get up and get a water bottle due to the pain. I really wanted to just crawl everywhere. 

None for me until the 20th!

Rants/raves? 
    Rave: Finally on track to getting approved for a loan to get a home! Our agent said we look like strong candidates for a good loan! How exciting. Now, if I could only get a home in a sellers market, that'd be great.

Yes, has anyone found any shoes that help with pain? Please, help me. I am looking into rollers for my feet, taking warm bath/foot soak in the afternoons. Right now I'm at work barefoot letting my feet get cold on our tiles.

None, I know that sounds cruel. I have mentioned on here before but my mother is very cold and doesn't know how to be affectionate so we never bonded. My dad has some skeletons in the closet and I haven't forgiven him for his past and current vices. I know we're not perfect, but that sums up why we're not close.

@soprano19  i'm jelly. My girl has been kicking more but less powerful now. Have you been able to actually see movement over skin yet?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @VLillyV I haven't seen anything yet, but she's pretty active at night and first thing in the morning, so when we're laying in bed I can sometimes put my hand on my belly and feel it.

Also, I totally hear you on the home buying. We're just starting the process... getting pre-approved, meeting with a realtor, etc. But we live in Silicon Valley, which is an almost impossible market to break into as first-time buyers, so I expect that it's going to take us a while. We're also fully prepared to have to do a significant amount of work on any house we buy, since we can't afford anything brand new or recently updated in this area.
  • emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? 22 weeks 3 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?yes... I have the worst hip pain in my lower back/butt cheeks on both sides. Its almost unbearable... It just feels like my hips are out of joint..
    Also, this babe keeps kicking me in the bladder...

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No, but I have my follow up A/S tomorrow. Lets hope i don't have to go for a fetal echo!

Rants/raves? See new symptoms... :s 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Any tips on easing this pain? the only thing that i can seem to do is sit on an exercise ball...

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? I would say it depends on the situation. I think right now my mother b/c I'm pregnant, but my father and I have a great relationship and go on lots of adventures together.

\

• How far along are you? 23 Weeks!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I'm so emotional! I cry about happy things, sad things, and sometimes for no reason at all!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Next appointment is Friday!! Just for a check up...No U/S at this one.

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? I'm closer to my dad. He is much more understanding and easier to talk to than my mom. He's my go to when I need advise or need some support.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @soprano19 wishing you luck!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @emwj1087 Can you invest in some kind of support band for your hips? If it's that bad, I would get checked out.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 22w6d... joining the viability party in less than an hour!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really, but I am starting to seriously look and feel pregnant. It's hard to believe this is my body.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No. I have my repeat A/S this weekend, and my 24w appt next week. 

Rants/raves? I think my back pain is getting better! Excuse me while I go knock on wood. 

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? I'm close with both, but it's different. I can talk to my mom more easily about the things going on in my life, but my dad is the one I go to for advice. 

@VLillyV congrats on the loan approval!

@soprano19 we went the same route, and I will warn you that finding a house in the Bay is a cake walk compared to finding a reliable and affordable contractor with availability around here. Not trying to scare you, but I felt like everyone (our real estate agent, HGTV, etc.) gave us unrealistic expectations about both the cost and effort of fixing a place up. However, I have a few friends that bought remodeled places and they have all had to do quite a bit of work fixing the mistakes that the previous owners/flippers made. At least if you go into it planning to remodel there aren't too many surprises and you get to choose all the finishes. 

@emwj10187 I would definitely talk to your doctor about the hip and butt pain. I had hip pain before getting pregnant and have had to be careful it doesn't flare up too badly. I've done a combo of physical therapy, acupuncture, massage, and very light exercise (swimming is great) and it's helped. You can also try heat or ice packs. 
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    How far along are you?
    23+1

So tired  :s  and so hungry and I feel very "large"... so many complaints lol.

I have my follow up AS on  Friday. Lets hope she cooperates this time!

Rants/raves? 
    So tired. 

My mom. She was pretty much a SAHM for most of our childhood. She used to watch me, my brother, and four cousins! We are all very close in age. She used to take us to the pool in the summers. It was so much fun. Looking back now she says she was probably crazy for hauling all of us kids to the pool. I wish I could be a SAHM too. 
  • How far along are you?
    22+2

Sleepy, hungry, gassy....and breathless all the time

I have my follow up AS next week. So excited to see little dude again!

Rants/raves? 
    I can relate to you ladies in the housing market @VLillyV  @soprano19 as DH and I just sold our little cape and bought a new house. It is super stressful going into it and I was on an emotional roller coaster when we didn't get the first few houses we bid on. I am so glad we went through it though because we found a good one and we get to move in this summer! We will have central air and a real nursery for the bb! Can't wait.

I'd have to say my dad although I wish we were closer, actually. My mother died when I was little. My dad tries his best, but he's always been sort of distant. :-(
  • @roo_baby thanks for the words of caution. We've sort of been assuming that a) most of the work would be cosmetic, like tearing up carpet and replacing it with wood, and b) we'd do it ourselves with the help of our family and friends who are pretty handy. Then again, we've never owned a home before, so we don't really even know what we don't know.
  • @soprano19 once you find a place I'm happy to chat with you more about it. If it's just flooring and paint and your friends are handy, you should be fine. Just make sure you have enough after the down payment to pay for it out of pocket. We had to break ours up into phases so we could replenish our savings after each phase to make sure we could pay for the next + have a cushion for emergencies. 
  • How far along are you? 24w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Hip pain. Constipation. Bigger foot (just the left one... wtf!?). Insomnia. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had one with Dr but so disapointed, and mad, about it i wont go into deets. Next one is in less than 2 weeks for GD. 

Rants/raves? Congratulations to all of us for making it this far. Thoughts and prayers for those who havent. ❤️

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? None. I love them both but i left home when i was 18, and they havent been a big part of my life since... Lets just say they didnt try to, and i didnt ask them. 
  • Aw @yasandson I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed by your last doc visit. :-(
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @yasandson I swear my right foot it bigger! It's my dominate side so I was thinking that has something to do with it? I was wearing these shoes the other day and I swear my left foot was fine but my right foot was exploding out. So strange.
  • VLillyV That's exciting news about the house approval! Good luck with your hunt! (And you too, soprano19!) DH and I are in the middle of renos right now and it's... tough. Hahaha!  :D
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks today

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nada! Still just dealing with a big of RLP.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Another check-in yesterday with our MW. Babe's developing appropriately with a healthy heartbeat. :)

Rants/raves? A rant: I've been sleeping on my side more often, which is leading to pinched nerves in my neck the last few mornings. So annoying!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope!

GTKY: Which parent are you closer to and why? My dad passed away when I was 17, but I hadn't been particularly close to him since I was a young girl. My mom and I are definitely very close, but in some ways I do keep her at an arm's length. I love her to pieces but still to this day she finds a lot of her identity in being my mom and that puts a lot of pressure on me. 
  • How far along are you?
    22 weeks today!
    My nails! They've always been so weak and brittle no matter how many nail treatments I try. Now they are super strong and growing nicely! Planning to get a mani pedi this weekend to celebrate
    I had my second AS on Tues and our little guy is still being stubborn! Didn't want to shift around to get some measurements so I had to lay on my side, go pee, walk around to see if he would move to a better angle. And the wand thing hurt so much when it was around my pelvic and rib bones because the tech was pressing really hard to get a good shot
    Rants/raves? 
    Hubby noticed some new stretch marks near my belly button. I know it was coming but I wasn't mentally prepared yet so I kinda freaked out
    I am a stomach and back sleeper so you can only imagine my struggles with side sleeping lately. Even with this pregnancy pillow hugging my body I tend to roll onto my back. How terrible is it to spend time sleeping on my back?
    I'm not really close to either. We had a very strained relationship in my teens and was all too happy to move to another state when I was 20. I'd say that now in pregnancy my mom has opened up a lot more to me. I guess I have a pretty ok relationship with my parents
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers